Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default OT: Econ essay/test

I have to write an econ essay/test for tomorrow and I need a little help from the econ savvy people out there.

Here is a question that I can't find the answer anywhere ...

- Who determines Monetary Policy? (organization name)
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation
Default Re: OT: Econ essay/test

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I have to write an econ essay/test for tomorrow and I need a little help from the econ savvy people out there.

Here is a question that I can't find the answer anywhere ...

- Who determines Monetary Policy? (organization name)
type it in on wiki.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
type it in on wiki.

I did but all it says it

- what monetary policy is
- inflation and other aspects of it

no actual specifics
Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depends on which country.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

One of those wait to the last minute homework assingments things huh Poorlilrich.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
poorlilrich
woop woop

yep

... tonight is going to be a long night

The country is the US.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
Jabes
Banned

Jabes has an OK reputation so far

Don't know the answer myself, but google told me this:

Quote:
Monetary policy is made by the Federal Open Market Committee, which consists of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Reserve Bank presidents.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/policy.htm
Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Yes, the Fed generally sets monetary policy.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabes
Don't know the answer myself, but google told me this:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/policy.htm

Thanks

That just gave me an extra 10 minutes of sleep.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn... I hated econ. I waited until the second semester of my senior year to suffer through it. I believe it was the last 'core' credits that I needed. I feel for you, rich.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Damn... I hated econ. I waited until the second semester of my senior year to suffer through it. I believe it was the last 'core' credits that I needed. I feel for you, rich.

The worst thing about it is that the teacher is a douche

50% of our semester grade is due tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The worst thing about it is that the teacher is a douche

50% of our semester grade is due tomorrow.
My professor was German and I couldn't understand a word he was saying most of the time. Also, anytime he would put together a graph, it would come out looking like a swastika...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #13
poorlilrich
woop woop

another question

What should the Fed do in this case ...
Prices are rising on all goods and services. The CPI was 2% last year now its 3% and it's still rising. Unemployment in 5% and staying at this level.

What economy strategy should the fed take?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
Ron_Artesticle
I hit open layups

Ron_Artesticle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
another question

What should the Fed do in this case ...
Prices are rising on all goods and services. The CPI was 2% last year now its 3% and it's still rising. Unemployment in 5% and staying at this level.

What economy strategy should the fed take?

The fed needs to increase interest rates to control inflation.
Ron_Artesticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Artesticle
The fed needs to increase interest rates to control inflation.

I know its the right answer

but how does rising interest rates lower inflation?

people invest more, so ...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: