Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game

Nuggets (115) vs Wizards (112)

I was the Nuggets. Probably one of the best games I've ever played in 2K7. Arenas was shooting the lights out (once made 4 threes in a row) and Iverson and Melo were playing great as well. Non-stop action, especially in the 4th quarter. In the last 4 seconds, Iverson pressured Arenas at half court, causing him to clank the buzzer-beater that would have forced overtime.

Arenas:

54 points
7 rebounds
5 assists
20/30 FG
8/12 3PT

Iverson:

40 points
5 rebounds
14 assists
17/27 FG

Carmelo:

40 points
12 rebounds
3 assists
15/22 FG

Honorable mentions: Jamison (34 points), JR Smith (20 points)
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Just played a great NBA 2K7 game

O'rly?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
O'rly?
Ya rly.

Post your own if you'd like.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

How many minutes quarters?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
How many minutes quarters?
10. Stats get too high with 12. I need 12 minute sliders.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Do you have it on xbox360 and have xbox live..?
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3 guys combined for 100 points and the team finished with 115. Pretty much a 3 man team there.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
3 guys combined for 100 points and the team finished with 115. Pretty much a 3 man team there.
It would probably be different if it was possible to score with big men in this game.
That's what i hate about playing it, i give the ball to duncan, he's wide open, 2 feet away from the basket and clanks the shot off the back of the rim.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
ballahalic
Kids at the park dunk on me

ballahalic has an OK reputation so far

who cares about one of your stupid games richie
ballahalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
It would probably be different if it was possible to score with big men in this game.
That's what i hate about playing it, i give the ball to duncan, he's wide open, 2 feet away from the basket and clanks the shot off the back of the rim.
I don't get that too much but it does happen to me a few times, I get big guys missings dunks sometimes it's ridiculous. But what I have noticed is that when you simulate a game, whether your big man is the best in the game and has the highest tendencies he will stil be one of the lowest scorers on the team. But guys like Damon Stoudamire end up getting 20 points a game, how the hell does that happen he can't even hit wide open 3's.

Another big problem is lack of low post moves. It's always the same move the guy does, it gets quite annoying and boring to watch and play.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Best games happen on xbl... I want to double ot once, I was done by like 10 with 200 mins to go and bring in damon jones and david westley, and doynell marshel. So I had Damon, Westly, LeBron, Mashrall, and Varejo. LOL Fricking 3 festival. I drove with lb kicked it to westly swung it to damon. Nailed it with 150 or so left on the clock. Fouled because he inbounded to Tayshaun Prince. He missed both, hit a 3 with lebron. Anyway got it tied up with 12 ticks left. I Inbound to lebron and he steps out of bounds lol. I was screaming.

Than the dude inbounds it to Billups gets a clean look but I tipped it with BIG Z!! Game saver.

Anyway in ot. He has the ball up by 3, I have snow out there steal the ball from billups hit lebron on the run and 1 tie it up. He brings it back down nails a 3 with billups, I get it to damon in the corner for 3 with 5 secs left, but he hacks me. I hit all 3 sent it to ot2.

In ot2 we keep scoring back in forth. I made a brilliant coaching move by putting in Gibson and Ira and Shannon brown. His guys were all worn out but mine were fresh so I got up by 8 or so with under a minute left. He knocks down a 3 cuts it to 5. I score a 2. Keep going backing forth with 2's for me and 3's for him. And he takes the lead with 7 secs left on the clock.

I inbound to lebron drive spin. Fade swish. Up by 1 with 1 left.

He inbounds to rip and takes a running flakin 3 and nails it at the buzzer.... I almost cried. ALMOST.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Best games happen on xbl... I want to double ot once, I was done by like 10 with 200 mins to go and bring in damon jones and david westley, and doynell marshel. So I had Damon, Westly, LeBron, Mashrall, and Varejo. LOL Fricking 3 festival. I drove with lb kicked it to westly swung it to damon. Nailed it with 150 or so left on the clock. Fouled because he inbounded to Tayshaun Prince. He missed both, hit a 3 with lebron. Anyway got it tied up with 12 ticks left. I Inbound to lebron and he steps out of bounds lol. I was screaming.

Than the dude inbounds it to Billups gets a clean look but I tipped it with BIG Z!! Game saver.

Anyway in ot. He has the ball up by 3, I have snow out there steal the ball from billups hit lebron on the run and 1 tie it up. He brings it back down nails a 3 with billups, I get it to damon in the corner for 3 with 5 secs left, but he hacks me. I hit all 3 sent it to ot2.

In ot2 we keep scoring back in forth. I made a brilliant coaching move by putting in Gibson and Ira and Shannon brown. His guys were all worn out but mine were fresh so I got up by 8 or so with under a minute left. He knocks down a 3 cuts it to 5. I score a 2. Keep going backing forth with 2's for me and 3's for him. And he takes the lead with 7 secs left on the clock.

I inbound to lebron drive spin. Fade swish. Up by 1 with 1 left.

He inbounds to rip and takes a running flakin 3 and nails it at the buzzer.... I almost cried. ALMOST.
The only time I get a game like that is if I just mess around for abit so the opposing team can catch up then I can have fun. And this is on Hall of Fame mode, maybe I should tweak the sliders abit. What do you guys have your sliders set at?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
The only time I get a game like that is if I just mess around for abit so the opposing team can catch up then I can have fun. And this is on Hall of Fame mode, maybe I should tweak the sliders abit. What do you guys have your sliders set at?

This is playing online with some guy... Thats the only way to do it. Playing the computer is so boring, they just dribble the ball for so long and ****.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
This is playing online with some guy... Thats the only way to do it. Playing the computer is so boring, they just dribble the ball for so long and ****.
I don't have xbox live so I can't play online. I agree, playing the computer is boring as can be.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahalic
who cares about one of your stupid games richie
Who the hell are you? Oh right that guy I made fun of and now you feel stupid.

And I have it for PS2.
Quote:
Arenas was making shots back and forth so I had no choice but to use the big guns to keep up. Either way, I only really like using those three anyways. In a real simulation game, it'd be more like:

Iverson : 25 points, 8 assists
Carmelo: 30 points, 8 rebounds
Smith: 15 points
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: