Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Ben Wallace will stay this summer, right?

I assume Ben will stay, but what if he asks for too much money and Detroit doesn't want to do it, then what?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I think Detroit will give him whatever he wants.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

they have no choice but to sign him...they seem like idiots for tradin away a future startin center in darko and now will probably have to send away another kid wit potential writtin all ova him in delfino...but theere is no way they can not resign ben w/o goin into rebuildin mode.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool
Default hmmm

i dont think ben wallace is the greedy type, i dont think he will ask for more than what the pistons want to giv him, which should be near the max im guessing...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I am guessing that Ben wants to stay, but with an All-Star caliber/4 time (out of 5 year) defensive player of the year award winning player, would you really just let him go without a fight. They will give him whatever he wants. But the question is, does Ben want to stay or does he want to explore somewhere else? Maybe Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte or Chicago. They all have enough cap room to offer.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #6
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker is considered somewhat coolAussie Dunker is considered somewhat cool

i dont see why Big ben would want to explore, im pretty sure he thinks, and knows, that detroit is "the" perfect place for his type of play to be fully utilised...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

I don't think Ben will go into a rebuilding situation, if he leaves it will only be because he thinks he has a better chance to win a championship with his new team.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

There is some talk that Ben may be interested in Chicago. They're a pretty good team, they have the cap space to sign him, and they fit his style of gritty defense.

The Pistons actually seem to be getting away from Ben's type of play, as Flip emphasises offense in general, and jump shots specifically.

Chicago really might be a more desirable situation at this point. Skiles appreciates the attributes Ben brings to the game.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

He will stay. My money is on that.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:53 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
There is some talk that Ben may be interested in Chicago. They're a pretty good team, they have the cap space to sign him, and they fit his style of gritty defense.

The Pistons actually seem to be getting away from Ben's type of play, as Flip emphasises offense in general, and jump shots specifically.

Chicago really might be a more desirable situation at this point. Skiles appreciates the attributes Ben brings to the game.
The bulls need a big who can score, and everybody knows Ben's offense...
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #11
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

If the Bulls offer Ben a contract that Detroit can't match, don't expect him to pass up the dough. It's not really greed, it's just an employee accepting the best offer.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #12
neohemp
Can barely lace up my sneakers

neohemp has an OK reputation so far

Alright albertpujols you can give me your money
neohemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
neohemp
Can barely lace up my sneakers

neohemp has an OK reputation so far

I SAID gimme my money *****
neohemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default lol

Lol
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: