Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #121
Akrazotile
Banned

Default Re: Being Unemployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I agree with being against migration or there being quotas as theyre currently are. And tighter enforcement. The only thing i had a problem with is the over the top way trump and his followers demonize everybody. (while being hypocrites themselves on many issues, deficit, healthcare, fundamentalism etc)

So you didnt vote based on what was being said, but rather HOW it was being said?

Hillary Clinton was openly pushing for policies that will **** us in the ass, but you appreciated her stately, PC way of using more traditional ways of deceiving you.

Meanshile Trump says “Were gonna Make America Great Again, and not let in bad people from Mexico, and not cowher before Muhammed” etc.

And you were like, “Thats mean! Im voting to be ****ed in the ass!”

That’s smart.

Let me break down a fact for you bro: People who need soft, sothing political rhetoric, are SOFT PEOPLE.

Go look at any left wing rally and look at all the freaks, outcasts, weirdos and weenies there. Thats the PC left. The uptight, emotional people at the bottom of the social hierarchy.

Thats where you feel at home. REGARDLESS of what the message is.

Real man you are.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #122
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
keep trecking mang...job searching sucks so much, im tryng to switch positions too. Its so overwhelming looking through such a vast filter for something decent...only to find out every position asks for qualifications way past what one would need to do the job. I'm about to become a major bullshit artist...finally figuring out what gets you moving isnt really what youve done but how well you can lie about what youve done and appear confident in doing so.

No kidding.

You want me to have 5 years experience for $16/hr when the guy who just left that position had 5 years of experience but you chose not to pay him.

Eventually though, the better companies to work for usually climb their way to the top based on the people they have.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #123
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
thanks for the suggestions.

just applied to an entry level IT position. pay is advertised as $12-18/hr, hoping I get the 18 lol, but I'll take the job if offered either way. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I won't be getting an equally paying job as before and I am ok with that. not really lol, but gotta pay bills someway.

Dat resume, doe.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #124
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
UK, sent you the email. Happy New Years bro.

Replied. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:19 AM   #125
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Replied. Take a look and let me know what you think.
Thanks man, all looks like valid points. Will tweak it this week. I'm likely just going to look for some good talent agents and see if they can help me out with the newly, improved resume.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #126
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Thanks man, all looks like valid points. Will tweak it this week. I'm likely just going to look for some good talent agents and see if they can help me out with the newly, improved resume.

No problem.

That's kinda what my fiance does. She gets hired by companies like large auto manufacturers to find them engineers. My aunt does the same thing, but she recruits physcians for hospitals.

Honestly, when it comes time for me to look for a new job, I'll probably go that route as well. Instead of submitting my resume and I'm one of 500, it's a lot easier to have someone submit your name for you.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #127
highwhey
STRONGMAN

just called about a job that stated in the ad to call and inquire. anyhow, guy answers and he's like:
guy: yes
me: this is alan, i'm calling to inquire about the job posting
guy:ok
*long silence*
guy: what do you want to know?
me: more about the job
guy: *sighs* call me back in 10 mins when i'm in the office
me: ok, will do, thanks and by
no response and doesn't hang up

wtf. why post an ad if you're going to answer like you're mad and you have no idea what i'm talking about?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #128
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
just called about a job that stated in the ad to call and inquire. anyhow, guy answers and he's like:
guy: yes
me: this is alan, i'm calling to inquire about the job posting
guy:ok
*long silence*
guy: what do you want to know?
me: more about the job
guy: *sighs* call me back in 10 mins when i'm in the office
me: ok, will do, thanks and by
no response and doesn't hang up

wtf. why post an ad if you're going to answer like you're mad and you have no idea what i'm talking about?

Everyone has things going on in their life. I was so impatient to get out of the hospital on Friday... I was cleared to leave at 8am pending approval from my doctor, who I didn't see until 3pm. I was pissed, I just wanted to go home.

Turns out, my doctor did 3 heart procedures that morning. He took time away from someone else to save my life, now he was taking time away from me to save someone else's. YOUR problems aren't the most important problems to others.

You never know what people have going on in their lives. We've had a death, my almost death, wedding planning, honeymoon planning, I've got school going on, on top of my job. People are busy, bro.

Relax, say thank you, and remain professional. If that was by a test by your potential boss to see how you'd do in the work place, you just failed.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #129
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Everyone has things going on in their life. I was so impatient to get out of the hospital on Friday... I was cleared to leave at 8am pending approval from my doctor, who I didn't see until 3pm. I was pissed, I just wanted to go home.

Turns out, my doctor did 3 heart procedures that morning. He took time away from someone else to save my life, now he was taking time away from me to save someone else's. YOUR problems aren't the most important problems to others.

You never know what people have going on in their lives. We've had a death, my almost death, wedding planning, honeymoon planning, I've got school going on, on top of my job. People are busy, bro.

Relax, say thank you, and remain professional. If that was by a test by your potential boss to see how you'd do in the work place, you just failed.
how did i fail? i was nice through out the call.

i called him 12 mins later and he didn't answer and his voicemail is full. just sent me a text he can't talk but will call me later. i replied "ok thanks".

i always remain nice, just venting on this thread because this is probably like my 50th job that i've applied with only a handful of them actually replying. no one has called me in for an interview but i do appreciate even a rejection email.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #130
highwhey
STRONGMAN

i get you though. life does get in the way. and i'm sure i'm probably the 100th person to blow up his phone.

i've had way too much caffeine myself this morning wth about 4 hours of intermittent sleep because i was waking up for no reason. probably agitated because of the little sleep i got.

anyways, how are you feeling?
Old 01-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #131
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
i get you though. life does get in the way. and i'm sure i'm probably the 100th person to blow up his phone.

i've had way too much caffeine myself this morning wth about 4 hours of intermittent sleep because i was waking up for no reason. probably agitated because of the little sleep i got.

anyways, how are you feeling?

I'm alive. Radiologist said it was the largest blood clot he's ever seen.

Called it an 'acute saddle pulmonary embolism with acute cor pulmonale'.

You can Google that shit, it's scary. Spent all weekend thinking every time I had to take a deep breath or my heart rate went up like 'maybe the doctors missed something'.

I was more scared this week then I was at any point in Afghanistan. I've got shit to live for now. Lol
Old 01-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #132
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
I'm alive. Radiologist said it was the largest blood clot he's ever seen.

Called it an 'acute saddle pulmonary embolism with acute cor pulmonale'.

You can Google that shit, it's scary. Spent all weekend thinking every time I had to take a deep breath or my heart rate went up like 'maybe the doctors missed something'.

I was more scared this week then I was at any point in Afghanistan. I've got shit to live for now. Lol

i'd be scared as fvck too. tbh, since you made that thread, i've made sure to get up and walk often and stretch bc my fatass is probably more at risk at developing something like that if i don't move.

crazy to think how something so small can be fatal. i'd start taking them baby aspirins if i were you.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #133
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

i'd be scared as fvck too. tbh, since you made that thread, i've made sure to get up and walk often and stretch bc my fatass is probably more at risk at developing something like that if i don't move.

crazy to think how something so small can be fatal. i'd start taking them baby aspirins if i were you.

I'm on blood thinners for a year.

Doctor told me 'sometimes in medicine, you have a one in a million. You are the one.'

He said they rarely see someone my age with blood clots. I mean, really, I'm 29, I'm in pretty good physical condition, I weight right at 180 lbs so I'm not obese, before my Achilles rupture I was playing organized sports four days a week.

But, you know, someone has to be that one.

The randomness and the suddenness of it all has me shook. One second I was taking a shower to go to physical therapy, and two hours later I was getting cardiovascular surgery and being told that had I waited a few hours, I was looking at a guaranteed heart attack.

Life comes at you fast.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #134
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
I'm on blood thinners for a year.

Doctor told me 'sometimes in medicine, you have a one in a million. You are the one.'

He said they rarely see someone my age with blood clots. I mean, really, I'm 29, I'm in pretty good physical condition, I weight right at 180 lbs so I'm not obese, before my Achilles rupture I was playing organized sports four days a week.

But, you know, someone has to be that one.

The randomness and the suddenness of it all has me shook. One second I was taking a shower to go to physical therapy, and two hours later I was getting cardiovascular surgery and being told that had I waited a few hours, I was looking at a guaranteed heart attack.

Life comes at you fast.
so are they all cleared out now?

see, that's just unfair for you. you tear your achilles from being active, then you rest a little bit and you somehow get injured from rest by developing a blood clot. wtf
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: