Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Felton in '08
Kids at the park dunk on me

Felton in '08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Adam Morrison

Being new to this, I'm sure I've missed a few discussions on last years 1st rounder. But anyway, I am curious to see what you all think about his prospects for next year and if anyone has a seizure when they see Brandon Roy (I do).
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Adam Morrison

I dont have a 'seizure' at all when I see Brandon Roy, and Im glad hes not playing here. If you look int othe issue at hand than you would know that Charlotte scheduled 3 workouts for Brandon Roy last year. Halfway thru the first workout he left for some undeclared reason, and chose to skip the other 2 workouts. Attending a workout for a club unless youre some phenomenal talent like Durant or Oden ( which Roy isnt in the same league ) is basically like a job interview, if you show up and perform well that team will look into drafting you, if you dont, they wont. Also before they draft Roy emphatically stated how he wanted to stay on the west coast. I dont want someone playing for us who really does not want to be here. I also dont see Roy being a perennial all-star. A valid 17-19ppg scorer and a really solid player, sure, but a superstar? Nope.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

For Morrison....he had a lot of hype at the beginning of the year...then he didn't live up to his expectations...most people gave up on him...then Herrmann exploded and stole his spot.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Felton in '08

Ok, not a Roy fan I see, but what about Morrison? Expectations?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

I expect him to have a nice year next season. I can easily see him averaging 17ppg or so on 44% shooting or something of that nature. Hes presently working as hard as anyone on the team in regard to building more muscle so he doesnt get pushed around in the lane. I havent given up on him, and wont for another 2 years.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Lots of folks were disappointed by Morrison's performance last season but Morrison was probably the most disappointed in himself. My guess is that we'll see a more mature player with better decision-making and more consistent play and it's only fair to give him a couple of more years in the league before writing him off as a mediocre bench player at best.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #7
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Fabio plays better D and makes better decisions with his shot selection.

Even if Morrison picks up his game, he may have trouble getting all last year's minutes back.

Because of the diminished minutes, I predict that he'll average around 12ppg, but with a better fg% and improved court awareness. I hope he's put on some muscle.

I'm actually more worried about Felton's development.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Ditto. Maybe he'll (Felton) come on stronger in the new season. Seems like he lost his concentration.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
Felton in '08

I don't disagree. I think Felton needs to step up this year. He had his good games but he was not the consistant game manager that he needed to be. I also was hoping he would step up when Oakafor went down, but he didn't seem to want to be the leader of the team.

I'm a huge fan and think he'll be fine, but I there are certainly reasons for concern.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

You're right, I think went Okafor went down, everyone kinda leaned on Wallace to carry the load.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Feltonian has an OK reputation so far

Felton has only been in the league for two years. BK's injury this year allowed him to get more minutes at the 1 and helped him get better. I think he'll be a good pg for years to come.

As for Morrison, I like the kid, but he definately worries me. I wasn't happy when we drafted him (I know we wanted more recognizable players). I hope he turns his game around, but I'm not counting on it.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Im more concerned with Felton than Morrison at this point. The second half of Feltons rookie year he played fine, but last year he forced his shot and made alot of careless turnovers. Im sure he will be fine, but it is more difficult for PG's to evolve into an NBA player than any other position. I do believe hes going to be better than Deron Williams though :p
Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Im more concerned with Felton than Morrison at this point. The second half of Feltons rookie year he played fine, but last year he forced his shot and made alot of careless turnovers. Im sure he will be fine, but it is more difficult for PG's to evolve into an NBA player than any other position. I do believe hes going to be better than Deron Williams though :p

Very bold statement. I want to believe he will be as good as Deron but I think Deron has a better scoring ability than Raymond. Other than that, I believe Raymond is better in every aspect of the game.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #14
Yossarian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yossarian has an OK reputation so far

I think Felton will be fine if he quits settling for jumpers and goes back to what he does best: penatrating and distributing. He has always be at his best going north to south, when he stops doing that his game falters.

He has to realize that we don't need him to shoot J's we need him to take it to the rack and score or find the open man when they collapse.

The real question is whether or not he goes back to wearing 2?
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
Felton in '08

I hadn't heard that he might switch numbers. That's just great. Good thing I got his jersey last yr.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: