Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default So what will the punishment for Jerry Richardson be...and what should it be?

A lot of the same stuff that appears to be going on everywhere...but anyway:

Zeke Elliott was suspended for six games and may have done nothing. Worth noting but an NBA owner lost his team over allegations of racism (that may have been excessive but I just can't find any sympathy in my heart for Donald Sterling). The NFL has no obligation to and probably should not do what the NBA does and being a creepy old man is not as bad as beating a woman...but again, Elliott may not have been guilty. Plus an owner should arguably be held to an even higher standard.

You also have to wonder how you punish an 80+ year-old with billions of dollars that you can't lock up. If he didn't physically touch anyone he really shouldn't be forced to lose his team so what do you do?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Re: So what will the punishment for Jerry Richardson be...and what should it be?

Nothing

The NBA is far more progressive than the NFL
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: So what will the punishment for Jerry Richardson be...and what should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Nothing

The NBA is far more progressive than the NFL
The NFL does react to public outcry though. I'm not sure they care about spin-off violence at all: Ray Rice was originally suspended for something like 2 games. The public outcry pushed it to a season and has ended his career. If Richardson was the GM instead of the owner I would bet money on his firing. The only reason that I don't think he'll be out is his status as an owner. Of course that's a big reason. I think he's going to get suspended from team facilities for some length of time but i doubt that hurts him much.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
CelticBaller
You mad?

Hes selling the team
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: