Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Default Bulls projected to win 64 games....

...actually 64.3 and it is dependant on everyone staying healthy.

http://www.wagesofwins.com/ForecastingBulls.html

It would be crazy if we won 64 or 65 games, and I certainly don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. The only problem is that Skiles teams tend to start out slow, or go through slumps. Last year we started out just a little above .500 for the first 23 games, then fell to ten games below .500 before fighting our way back to .500. IMO last seasons rally was one of the most heroic efforts in basketball history.

But back to the topic if the bulls can hit their stride early and keep it then 65 wins is not out of the question. Afterall two years ago we were 47 and 27 after the 0-9 start, and that included the last part of the season after Curry and Deng got hurt. Unfortunately that hole is still one the bulls have yet to fill, an interior scorer.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
jjswifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1

It would be crazy if we won 64 or 65 games, and I certainly don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.
The only problem is that Skiles teams tend to start out slow, or go through slumps. Last year we started out just a little above .500 for the first 23 games, then fell to ten games below .500 before fighting our way back to .500. IMO last seasons rally was one of the most heroic efforts in basketball history.

But back to the topic if the bulls can hit their stride early and keep it then 65 wins is not out of the question. Afterall two years ago we were 47 and 27 after the 0-9 start, and that included the last part of the season after Curry and Deng got hurt. Unfortunately that hole is still one the bulls have yet to fill, an interior scorer.

you seriously think the bulls can win 65 games?? :stupid:
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
boceltballa
I hit open layups

The absolute highest I would go is 55 wins.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

I think anything in the 60's would be a stretch for this team. they'll win in the 50's but they haven't magically turned into the spurs or the mavs by any stretch.
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

ya 64 is tooo much...they'll be in the top 40's, low 50's
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
defmut
I hit open layups

I would say 55 games is a safe bet. Last season, the Bulls lost a lot of real close games. Even though teams were winning by 15 by half, the Bulls always seem to come storming back and keep the game close. This year they are going to win more close games and break into a 50+ win game season.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Definitely somewhere between 50-55 wins.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #8
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

Nothing higher than 48. They can't score.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:47 AM   #9
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I saw they will win about 50-53 games this year. Anyone who thinks 60+ is just stupid.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:22 AM   #10
thabelosha
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I saw they will win about 50-53 games this year. Anyone who thinks 60+ is just stupid.
or just trippn on acid. . . .

id b feelin like i was trippin on acid if we won 50+ games.
thabelosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:50 AM   #11
sixty
Good High School Starter

Imo: 52-30
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1

It would be crazy if we won 64 or 65 games, and I certainly don't think it is out of the realm of possibility. The only problem is that Skiles teams tend to start out slow, or go through slumps. Last year we started out just a little above .500 for the first 23 games, then fell to ten games below .500 before fighting our way back to .500. IMO last seasons rally was one of the most heroic efforts in basketball history.

64 wins! you gotta be kidding. predict the championship too! now they are the spures and mavs. keep dreaming. just enjoy our pick next year. you got too many young guns. can pay them all
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

55 wins is realistic. 60+ is just stretching it & expecting too much from this team.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #14
big al

they can easily win 64, keep this post and talk to me later in the season, everyone learn basketball...........
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #15
taurus515th

i think they can win 60.

Yea i know a lot of people will disagree with me but i think its possible.

1. Being a true Bulls fan i believe our guys will get consistent this coming up season. I mean the media always talks about Greg Oden (whom never played college basketball) going be one of the top centers why do they always say our core players will take 5 years to get consistent? Because a lot of Bulls fans will agree with wut these so called experts say on tv or post in articles.

2.We had a major trade before the season started last season which meant we would have had 50 wins this past season.(not because of Eddy Curry but because we had a post-player and our core players did not have to shoot and play defense for 48 minutes.)

3 We traded Tyson Chandler whom lost us more games than won us. Dont know y a lot of non-Bulls fans want to say that we should not have traded Tyson Chandler but all while he was in Chicago a lot of yall said he was a bust and yall said Paxson was dumb for giving him that contract. Now that he is on the Hornets with everyone's so called favorite point guard Chris Paul everyone think hes going to have a break out year.

4.We will likely have less fouls this year because we traded our leading foulers Tyson Chandler and Othella Harrington. Just about every 1st minute of the game one of them fouled someone.

5.Paxson signed Ben Wallace whom is a true center which we didnt have this past season. Ben Wallace will not just block shots and rebound, but intimdiate players. He will also intimdiate players by having a block waiting to happen instead of Tyson Chandler down low for them to get an easy chance to go to the free throw line.

6.Paxson added a tall defensive SG who if D-Wade had trouble when Kirk Hinrich was guarding him then i believe when Thabo guards him he will too.

7.Paxson also added Tyrus Thomas whom i believe is 1 of the most athletic players i have seen.

8.Paxson got rid of veterans Othella Harrington and Erik Piatkowski and added Ben Wallace, PJ Brown, Adrian Griffin.

9.Paxson also got rid of bad players that did not help us in anyway Eddie Basden, Luke Schensher, and Jannero Pargo.

10.With the addition of Ben Wallace our team will get calls since they know we have a lot of NBA supporters on our side they will give us more calls instead of everytime a call could go either way they gave us the foul.

11. We are another year older.

12. Hopefully Skiles wont make a lot of line-up changes like his did last season. (made over 7)

Edited/Add. 13. We will hopefully not take quarters off and try and make comebacks in the 3rd and 4th quarter

The only thing we r missing is a post-player which i feel Paxson will get one before the season starts.

Please do not say what about chemistry and then say how are we going to beat Miami because Miami had a lot of offseason moves 2 last offseaosn and never did have good chemistry arguing with their own team-mates because the whole team is full of hot heads and still somehow magically won a championship when they never did have chemistry.

Last edited by taurus515th : 09-06-2006 at 11:04 PM.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: