Originally Posted by Chocogrease
Anyone got any tips to help people dribble without looking down??
When i do crossovers looking up, i start to lose my dribble and trip myself kinda
i posted this on anutha thread - called dribbling drills.
Stand in a squat like position and do the following, keeping ur butt low and ur back straight.
1. Roll the ball with your right hand around your right leg, keeping it as close to ur foot as possible. Do the same with your left and then also do a figure of eight. Remember to keep your feet in the same position, simply shifting ur bodyweight to stay balanced.
2. Do the same as above but bouncing the ball. Keep the ball bouncing below knee height.
3. Cross the ball three times across the front of you from hand to hand. On the fourth, pass the ball between your legs to the opposite hand which should be behind you. Cross the ball three times again in front of you and repeat with the other hand. Remember to keep the ball below knee height at all times.
4. Cross the ball behind your back, making sure the ball bounces directly under ur bum and never rises above knee level.lol
5. Spider dribble. This is bouncing the ball underneath you and below your knee. You must touch the ball once with ur right hand in front of you. Then left hand in front of you. Then right hand from behind you, and then left hand behind you.
6. Using one hand cross the ball back and forth across your body in front of you making sure the ball stays low. Do this behind you as well.
7. Put your feet together. Using one hand 'cross' the ball on the side of your body, bakwards and fowards.
8. With your feet together, crouch down and pass the ball from hand to hand around your ankles. Gradually stand up, continuing to pass the ball first around your waist, and then around your head. Do this in both directions.
Then try doing all the above keeping your head up, and then with your eyes completely shut.
Then try doing all the above whilst moving foward and backwards taking small shuffle steps.
Then all the above with eyes shut and moving.
On the Floor:
1. Kneel on one knee on the floor. Pass the ball under ur other leg using both hands as quick as possible. Once you can do this consistently, after every three crosses cross the ball over your knee and back under so the ball returns to the same hand.
2. Sit on the floor with ur legs out and spread apart. Bounce the ball as low as possible with your right hand on your right side. Every 30 seconds or so, bounce the ball once between your legs and onto the other side and continue bouncing the ball with your left hand.
Try doing the above with yuor eyes shut.
Using a wall:
1. Stand facing a wall. Put one foot against the wall and the other a few feet comfortably behind you. Crouch down. Place one hand on the wall and hold the ball with the other. Cross the ball between your legs touching the wall with your free hand. Increase your speed as you get into a rhythm.
2. Bounce the ball against the wall with your right hand whilst crouching down. Gradually stand up, and then crouch down, keeping the ball in close control at all times. After going up and down a few times change to your left hand, keeping the ball bouncing, and continue.
Then try doing the above with your eyes shut.
There are a lot more drills but i find these to be the most useful.
I'm sure theres a lot of people on here who think all the above is pretty basic, but doing this everyday until you can do it at speed with your eyes shut will improve your handles dramaticaly. Not just for show, but in-game and when you have to improvise.
Wow..this took a while to type.. hope its useful.. lol.. happy ballin...