Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2017, 03:02 AM   #1
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Default Americans/Canadians

Looking to find work overseas in the WHS(Workplace Heath and Safety) field.

Can anyone shed light on qualifications needed and if my qualifications here in Australia are recognised in either country?

I have a sister building a huge nightclub in Las Vegas and a grandad who owns a chain of hotels in Vancouver, so I hope to gain citizenship in either country, depending on opportunities.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by poido123 : 12-27-2017 at 03:05 AM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
plowking
Verticle?

Default Re: Americans/Canadians

I was keen on moving to Canada too, but socially, they're a little off whack... Kinda kooky.

As far as America... After visiting there recently, I would never want to live there unless I was mega rich. Not quite there yet. It was somewhat depressing seeing that amount of homeless people.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:14 AM   #3
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I was keen on moving to Canada too, but socially, they're a little off whack... Kinda kooky.

As far as America... After visiting there recently, I would never want to live there unless I was mega rich. Not quite there yet. It was somewhat depressing seeing that amount of homeless people.

Seeing homeless anywhere in the world is depressing. I'm not one to scrooge with money, I'd be happy to share it amongst the less fortunate given better circumstances.

I have lost faith in Australia running a functional country. I don't feel my tax dollars are being used wisely and I don't support our government dictated to by the UN.

Hope your well PLowking, did you find good work after uni? Or still studying?
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:45 AM   #4
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
I don't feel my tax dollars are being used wisely and I don't support our government dictated to by the UN.

And you want to move the US, where tax dollars are spent wisely to the need of every citizen?
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #5
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Seeing homeless anywhere in the world is depressing. I'm not one to scrooge with money, I'd be happy to share it amongst the less fortunate given better circumstances.

I have lost faith in Australia running a functional country. I don't feel my tax dollars are being used wisely and I don't support our government dictated to by the UN.

Hope your well PLowking, did you find good work after uni? Or still studying?

nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
I don't feel my tax dollars are being used wisely

Then you should definitely go to Canada... they spend their money much better for their people. Superior infrastructure, healthcare access, better culture common sense policy agreed on by everybody. US wastes all its money on a war machine and the fighting between two parties makes them dysfunctional at getting anything meaningful done on the federal level.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

Living anywhere if you're rich is fine

I've travelled a lot of the world, it would be hard to pick a place and say it's definitely better to live there than Australia tbh. Most places have there flaws, granted our country is on a rapid downward spiral. Our govt is a joke and they're destroying the place with there greed and shortsightedness..

Canada is fairly similar to us, and are having similar issues with housing affordability, high rise apartments consuming areas and immigration etc..
At least they got there Internet right though, not like our $100b nbn copper wire disaster

The US is a trainwreck, I've been a few times now and seen a lot of the country. It sad seeing that many homeless, poor and just so many people doing it tough.
Between the two I think a lot of Australians move to Canada nowadays though, the US is a lot harder with the visas etc

Before the immigration disaster I would have picked multiple places in Europe but they've been cucked beyond belief right now..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
And you want to move the US, where tax dollars are spent wisely to the need of every citizen?

And what is your suggestion to fix it as I don't like my government robbing me blind right now which is exactly hat they are doing.

Mine is adding 2 new amendments to the constitution.

1. The budget must be balanced.
2. Only 2 year term limits for congress.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
And what is your suggestion to fix it as I don't like my government robbing me blind right now which is exactly hat they are doing.

Considering half of Congress would essentially be voting themselves out of a job (and a life of luxury and power), I highly doubt we'll ever see something like this.

Though it is needed.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
AirBonner
Blunt induced coma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Then you should definitely go to Canada... they spend their money much better for their people. Superior infrastructure, healthcare access, better culture common sense policy agreed on by everybody. US wastes all its money on a war machine and the fighting between two parties makes them dysfunctional at getting anything meaningful done on the federal level.
There is a reason why 90% of Canada's population his huddled up along the U.S. Border. Because Canada sucks.

Look at all that wasted space. No wonder no one wants to invade that country

AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
There is a reason why 90% of Canada's population his huddled up along the U.S. Border. Because Canada sucks.

build the wall!
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #12
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller

Fundamental mistake #1. There's no government, your country is a corporation, "your" politicians are nothing but power brokers.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
tpols
we already won

Quote:

No... thats because its a frozen wasteland if you go far north. Plus it makes economic sense to be as close to trading partners and water (all the lakes) as possible.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #14
Snow
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wait a minute. I thought you were on the no fly list because Jameer snitched you out? Better come through Mexico before Trump builds that wall.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:

I don't see it any different from the map of the US where the largest cities are port cities closer to the borders?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: