Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #16
ROCSteady
One of One
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 9,349
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Then you should definitely go to Canada... they spend their money much better for their people. Superior infrastructure, healthcare access, better culture common sense policy agreed on by everybody. US wastes all its money on a war machine and the fighting between two parties makes them dysfunctional at getting anything meaningful done on the federal level.

Sadly, you are dead on with this post.

The obstruction in Congress as well as our overspending on Military contracts (not related to the welfare of soldiers) has been a major issue for quite some time.

I love America though.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,760
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Vancouver is expensive as hell but the greatest city in the world to live in due to ammenities. But easy to fall in a trap of being too laid back and either living just in your means or being rich and pretentious and image conscious.

What chain of hotel if you don't mind me asking?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,591
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Vancouver is expensive as hell but the greatest city in the world to live in due to ammenities. But easy to fall in a trap of being too laid back and either living just in your means or being rich and pretentious and image conscious.

What chain of hotel if you don't mind me asking?


Canada seems like a great option and yes, Iíve heard it is quite expensive to live there. Iím a big fan of the scenery and wildlife there, something that appeals to me with Canada.

Iíd be happy to PM you details, I have been burnt giving personal info on inside hoops before..
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #19
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,591
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Living anywhere if you're rich is fine

I've travelled a lot of the world, it would be hard to pick a place and say it's definitely better to live there than Australia tbh. Most places have there flaws, granted our country is on a rapid downward spiral. Our govt is a joke and they're destroying the place with there greed and shortsightedness..

Canada is fairly similar to us, and are having similar issues with housing affordability, high rise apartments consuming areas and immigration etc..
At least they got there Internet right though, not like our $100b nbn copper wire disaster

The US is a trainwreck, I've been a few times now and seen a lot of the country. It sad seeing that many homeless, poor and just so many people doing it tough.
Between the two I think a lot of Australians move to Canada nowadays though, the US is a lot harder with the visas etc


Before the immigration disaster I would have picked multiple places in Europe but they've been cucked beyond belief right now..


I see your point.

Finding solitude from the insanity in this world seems harder and harder to find.

I want to work, contribute to a country and live in peace. No reckless immigration policies, no homeless and pensioners being ignored, reasonable taxes, no communism. Does such a place exist?

This reminds me of the movie never ending story, where all the beautiful things of the world is dying, only to be rescued by a hero? Well, that second part may never happen. Back to bombing out on the Xbox.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #20
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 28,310
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Seeing homeless anywhere in the world is depressing. I'm not one to scrooge with money, I'd be happy to share it amongst the less fortunate given better circumstances.

I have lost faith in Australia running a functional country. I don't feel my tax dollars are being used wisely and I don't support our government dictated to by the UN.


Hope your well PLowking, did you find good work after uni? Or still studying?

I definitely think we haven't progressed as much as we should have here in Australia, but we are better than both Canada and USA. Not saying that in any patriotic way, but objectively, especially after just visiting recently.

Everything is better here in regards to you getting looked after properly. Healthcare, work benefits, safety, sick leave, holiday leave, etc.

Yeah man, managed to land a great role after uni, and had some luck with investments. I hardly get off forex or the stock markets in my down time.. At this point thinking of doubling down on a few things then getting out of work and doing things on my own much like macmac does on here.

But yeah man, give it a go. Definitely think Canada is the better option, but even they don't have it as good as here, just in terms of socially. Everything being cheaper there, more variety, and just having more to do in general... Sure. I won't lie, it still lingers in the back of my mind to get up and go there, but probably not until I'm really set up the way I want to be.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #21
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,977
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Canadians are super friendly people.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #22
FKAri
3-time NBA All-Star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,866
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

There are a LOT of immigrants in Canada but unlike Europe, they're highly educated and contribute much more to the economy. I've been here a while myself. I'm originally from the States. I think both countries offer different advantages. America is more of a pure capitalistic society. Canada, largely due to its much smaller population, provides much more govt support to its citizens.

If you're young, in an in-demand field and want to earn money, I'd recommend the US. If you want to slow your pace down, raise a family, Canada's better for that. Again, this is a generality since province to province, state to state, there are differences as well.

Last edited by FKAri : 12-29-2017 at 09:08 AM.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #23
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,591
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I definitely think we haven't progressed as much as we should have here in Australia, but we are better than both Canada and USA. Not saying that in any patriotic way, but objectively, especially after just visiting recently.

Everything is better here in regards to you getting looked after properly. Healthcare, work benefits, safety, sick leave, holiday leave, etc.

Yeah man, managed to land a great role after uni, and had some luck with investments. I hardly get off forex or the stock markets in my down time.. At this point thinking of doubling down on a few things then getting out of work and doing things on my own much like macmac does on here.

But yeah man, give it a go. Definitely think Canada is the better option, but even they don't have it as good as here, just in terms of socially. Everything being cheaper there, more variety, and just having more to do in general... Sure. I won't lie, it still lingers in the back of my mind to get up and go there, but probably not until I'm really set up the way I want to be.


Nice one. Good to hear mate.


Looking to get involved with stocks myself this year. Hoping to plan around scalping small returns in a high liquid market. S&P 500 or something with that kind of volume.


Only thing is, getting myself setup with the right platform etc. Not experienced, but I reckon i'd be good with it. Have an eye for stats, numbers etc.


Only way I'd cope here in Australia is completely ignoring the media and facebook, but it's everywhere and I can't escape it.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #24
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,760
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Canada seems like a great option and yes, Iíve heard it is quite expensive to live there. Iím a big fan of the scenery and wildlife there, something that appeals to me with Canada.

Iíd be happy to PM you details, I have been burnt giving personal info on inside hoops before..

Understandable bro. Hit me up if you want to know more about Vancouver here
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #25
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star
 
coin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,857
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Nice one. Good to hear mate.


Looking to get involved with stocks myself this year. Hoping to plan around scalping small returns in a high liquid market. S&P 500 or something with that kind of volume.


Only thing is, getting myself setup with the right platform etc. Not experienced, but I reckon i'd be good with it. Have an eye for stats, numbers etc.


Only way I'd cope here in Australia is completely ignoring the media and facebook, but it's everywhere and I can't escape it.

That's the best thing you can do, delete Facebook. I got rid of mine a year ago and havnt looked back.

Then try and limit free to air tv to as minimal as possible. Don't worry you're not missing anything, there's barely any relevant news.
Our leftist cuck media is a disgrace and I can't stand our politics it makes me sick..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #26
highwhey
STRONGMAN
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 15,740
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Nice one. Good to hear mate.


Looking to get involved with stocks myself this year. Hoping to plan around scalping small returns in a high liquid market. S&P 500 or something with that kind of volume.


Only thing is, getting myself setup with the right platform etc. Not experienced, but I reckon i'd be good with it. Have an eye for stats, numbers etc.


Only way I'd cope here in Australia is completely ignoring the media and facebook, but it's everywhere and I can't escape it.
look into cryptocoins. as an aussie, you even have an opportunity for arbitrage. i.e., coins sell a lot higher in an aussie exchange vs an american one. look into it man, you can make GREAT money.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #27
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy
 
n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inside VC's MOM
Posts: 1,468
Default Re: Americans/Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Sadly, you are dead on with this post.

The obstruction in Congress as well as our overspending on Military contracts (not related to the welfare of soldiers) has been a major issue for quite some time.

I love America though.

Healthcare is the biggest issue. How the hell is the gov't spending trillions on wars, yet their own citizens have to pay for hospital fees?
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy