Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2017, 04:57 AM   #46
D-Wade316
Duterte = Trump

Default Re: Damn. LA looks like a 3rd world country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo_Griffin
People in here just mad they realized they couldn't wear their MAGA hats in LA without a big possibility of getting their ass kicked

But seriously though, all the negatives listed here are pretty well known about LA, the fact that some of you seem really disgruntled and whiny about visiting and actually seeing these things for yourself seems stupid to me. It's like going to the zoo then being all indignant n shit about animals being trapped in their enclosures.
Reading all the negative responses here, all of them were from Trumpanzees.
D-Wade316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #47
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
People in here just mad they realized they couldn't wear their MAGA hats in LA without a big possibility of getting their ass kicked

But seriously though, all the negatives listed here are pretty well known about LA, the fact that some of you seem really disgruntled and whiny about visiting and actually seeing these things for yourself seems stupid to me. It's like going to the zoo then being all indignant n shit about animals being trapped in their enclosures.

Personally I love visiting Los Angeles. When it comes to visiting LA the issues I mentioned earlier aren't that big of an issue since I don't deal with them on a daily basis. I know it pretty well to know which areas to visit and which areas to avoid, and I plan around rush hour traffic when I visit.

As for living in LA I don't think it makes sense to live in Los Angeles unless you are making $200k+ or you inherited or bought a home a long time ago. $700k will buy you a solid house in 99% of the United States...in Los Angeles it might be enough to get you a starter home in the desirable areas.

I prefer San Diego which isn't as run down, traffic is more manageable, housing is a bit more reasonable and you still get the perks of the great weather all year round.

Last edited by ALBballer : 12-29-2017 at 09:22 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:06 PM   #48
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923

Hardly any of this makes any sense.

Miles and miles of concrete sprawl?

A. Aren't most major cities exactly this? NYC, Chicago, Toronto, etc.etc.
B. Even then, that's not true. L.A. has various styles of architecture drawing from multiple influences everywhere you look.

Artificial landscaping? Those are natural palm trees, lakes, mountains, oceans, hills etc.

I agree, traffic sucks. But it's the same in almost every major city.

Why would anyone want to live in L.A.?

Weather, entertainment, jobs, location

You can go to the mountains and the beach in an hour's drive. You can hang out by the pier for lunch, go out to dinner on the peninsula, go to a 5 star restaurant or a great hole in the wall. Shopping in Melrose, hiking at Griffith Park, museums, galleries ranging from the best art has to offer to the odd and weird.

There's not just Hollywood but tons of job opportunities in other industries such as the aerospace industry, manufacturing, ports, tech, medical, hospitality, etc. L.A. has one of the biggest economies in the world, it's not solely based in Hollywood.

Long Beach alone is worthy of praise.
Wrong.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #49
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:

What's the point of wearing something that can't even be seen considering the city is one big smog cloud of pollution?
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #50
Kawhi m8
0/8

Democrats are dirty thieves that parade as saviours.
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #51
ItsMillerTime
Born Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
Democrats are dirty thieves that parade as saviours.

And Republicans are godsends that want the best for you
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #52
SixShooter
Saw a basketball once

demographics and race is everything. theres not a single area in the world thats overwhelmingly black that doesn't look similar to said video in OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I'm convinced that dudes that complain about LA are certified homosexuals...LA has the best hot chicks to ugly broads ratio in the US, easy. Any bro with any kind of game can bag a honey out of his league like it ain't a thing...why would you hate on that unless you prefer cawk

OP, how does it feel to finally come out of the closet?

what timestamp in that vid are the hot chicks at?
SixShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:54 AM   #53
Kawhi m8
0/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
And Republicans are godsends that want the best for you

No, republicans can be just as bad, but they don't try and pretend they're something they're not
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:20 AM   #54
Dresta
A humble prophet

Quote:

"omg you can't complain about a place being an ugly and culture-less dump full of god-awful people because that shit is well known"

Good point retard. Truth is LA is portrayed as a primo holiday destination full of worthwhile things--reality is that the only nice thing about the place is its geographical location, and you can find that in plenty of lesser known places that aren't yet completely defiled by American cultural primitivism.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: