Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #16
Akrazotile
Banned

Default Re: Why did the vote to impeach Trump fail 364-58?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
if this was reversed, where there were sufficient evidence, i bet the number of republicans to vote no for impeachment would be around the same number of 58.

No question about it.

So why arent we holding all our politicians accountable, nate?

Why cant we work together?
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #17
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
The congressman (who is black) that invoked the measure had proposed to impeach him literally, officially, for being a bigot

I kid you not.

Bigotry-hunts are the Dem version of McCarthyism. Or worse, the literal witch burnings in Salem in the 1690s.

Thats where this party is right now.

Black Politicians are the worst. They are the true bigots.

Did you hear about this now? Sheila Jackson Lee is now claiming the passenger who got bumped so that her fat black ass can get the seat is only upset at her because she's Black. You can't make this shit up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...e-airline.html
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:59 AM   #18
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
Because everybody realized that inpeaching Trump would only result in an even bigger imbecile taking office. In a way, I feel that taking Pence as VP was an ingenious and calculated move.

This is spot on.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Democrats want to impeach Trump because he had the audacity to win an election over their anointed queen. They have spent the last year in collusion with the mainstream media attempting to de-legitimize the Trump presidency. It's an attack on democracy and similar to the ridiculous antics of Roy Moore, tbh. Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
tpols
we already won

Same way the GOP chanted death to ACA and voted every year in lock step to repeal it...but then when they had a Republican president to sign off on it, suddenly...they couldnt get the votes.

All a show folks! This one was 8 years long though..
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Same way the GOP chanted death to ACA and voted every year in lock step to repeal it...but then when they had a Republican president to sign off on it, suddenly...they couldnt get the votes.

All a show folks! This one was 8 years long though..

They did repeal it in the House. The Senate has a much slimmer majority. Anyway it doesn't matter because the individual mandate was repealed so the ACA will die anyway.

Nice comparison of apples to oranges though.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #22
Terahite
FMVP3

warriorfag and others melting hard in this thread

akrazotile filling the void nicely until the return of nick young

we sweep in 2020 fam
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #23
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
They did repeal it in the House. The Senate has a much slimmer majority. Anyway it doesn't matter because the individual mandate was repealed so the ACA will die anyway.

Nice comparison of apples to oranges though.

Every GOP senate member voted for the repeal, with a majority, in 2015. They brought the same bill up in the summer this year and suddenly a handful of them renegged. They played you for a fool ro0f!
Old 12-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #24
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Every GOP senate member voted for the repeal, with a majority, in 2015. They brought the same bill up in the summer this year and suddenly a handful of them renegged. They played you for a fool ro0f!

Meh. It matters not. Republicans are allowed to have differing opinions and can vote accordingly. It's not like the dems who have to follow party rules like it's a damn religion or something. Anyway the ACA is dead and this thread is about impeachment. You fail miserably on both issues so I guess it's a win-win.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #25
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Republicans are allowed to have differing opinions and can vote accordingly.

But what differed in their opinion to vote yes every year, and suddenly vote no once it was capable of being signed and passed? Why the change of heart? What happened Roof! Maybe our wise philosopher friend in the OP can help us out...

Last edited by tpols : 12-29-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #26
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
But what differed in their opinion to vote yes every year, and suddenly vote no once it was capable of being signed and passed? Why the change of heart? What happened Roof! Maybe our wise philosopher friend in the OP can help us out...

There were things in the Senate bill that some senators didn't like. What's so hard to understand? Anyway you are arguing a moot point since the ACA is essentially dead and this thread is about impeachment. Make a new thread about Obamacare if you want.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #27
Akrazotile
Banned

Quote:

I don't know, you'd have to ask them. If their motives were simply political, then of course I'm disappointed. But then, as a conservative, I expect that kind of thing from politicians and that's why I support limited government.

As someone always stumping for the big government liberal policy agenda, you seem to be a fan of bureaucrats holding big power and deciding who has to give what to whom, do what for whom, say what to whom, etc.

You want these guys all deciding everything. Impeaching Trump is the exact kind of thing YOU vote for politicians to do.

I don't expect politicians to be anything but self-serving politicians.

You do.

So I guess that's the difference here.

Why didn't your elected social champions impeach Trump?
Old 12-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #28
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
I don't know, you'd have to ask them. If their motives were simply political, then of course I'm disappointed. But then, as a conservative, I expect that kind of thing from politicians and that's why I support limited government.

As someone always stumping for the big government liberal policy agenda, you seem to be a fan of bureaucrats holding big power and deciding who has to give what to whom, do what for whom, say what to whom, etc.

You want these guys all deciding everything. Impeaching Trump is the exact kind of thing YOU vote for politicians to do.

I don't expect politicians to be anything but self-serving politicians.

You do.

So I guess that's the difference here.

Why didn't your elected social champions impeach Trump?

Yes... it would be nice if we could hold our politicians accountable. You dont seem to be a fan of that which is why things will never improve. Democrats do a half ass job and thieve along the way. GOP thieves as well but does...no job. You literally elect people into careers that pay 200k salary a pop (plus bribes) and are in charge of running the public framework of this country... whose whole matra is to do...nothing. Whose whole goal is to NOT run anything successfully. Except military...which wastes trillions of our dollars so these guys can pocket the spoils of war.

You and people like ya are why we have one of, if not THE most incompetent government in the entire world. Its all you expect, and all you want confirmed by this poast. Sad!
Old 12-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #29
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
they didnt chicken out, it was never going to pan out. you cant just vote to impeach someone when there is not sufficient evidence of wrong doing, that just shows a lack of integrity to do so.

So the 58 who voted 'impeach' based on....?
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #30
Akrazotile
Banned

Quote:
Yes... it would be nice if we could hold our politicians accountable. You dont seem to be a fan of that which is why things will never improve. Democrats do a half ass job and thieve along the way. GOP thieves as well but does...no job. You literally elect people into careers that pay 200k salary a pop (plus bribes) and are in charge of running the public framework of this country... whose whole matra is to do...nothing. Whose whole goal is to NOT run anything successfully. Except military...which wastes trillions of our dollars so these guys can pocket the spoils of war.

You and people like ya are why we have one of, if not THE most incompetent government in the entire world. Its all you expect, and all you want confirmed by this poast. Sad!

You just...

You just literally said politicians should be hording authority and passing invasive, self-serving, unconstitutional laws on a regular basis... because they make $200k per year and we need to justify that expenditure.

I...

I...

?????

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: