Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #31
Kawhi m8
0/8

Default Re: Workout heads: Best protein shake

Bodybuilding supps are delicious though

You cvnts hit the pre workouts?

Don't mind a bit of c4 tbh
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #32
Kawhi m8
0/8

This is what's in my cupboard at the moment tbh

Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #33
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

C4 is the only one that really has that kick anymore..
Mr Hyde is ok..

The rest just seem to be rehashed garbage.. gone are the days of good ol 1mr, meso and craze
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #34
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Back to my original question.

Out of the recommendations, which f*cks up my stomach the least?

Btw I was 145 pounds 2 weeks ago. I made a conscious effort to eat better and I am now at 155

I started doing pushups Thursday at only 20 before bed. I've increased 20 more each day since and I started to notice the difference in my strength and body.

I plan on lifting later this week (I only work out at home and I only curl and do pushups for upper, tons of squats, calve raises for legs).

My goal is to be 170 by the end of winter. The biggest I've been was 175 when I hit the gym every day.

Muscle is dormant and being older does help you gain weight.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #35
tpols
we already won

nothing beats good food... not only is it way better for you, but if you eat/cook things you like you can eat more of it because its way more appetizing than those shitty powders.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #36
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
nothing beats good food... not only is it way better for you, but if you eat/cook things you like you can eat more of it because its way more appetizing than those shitty powders.

Oh I agree.

Only issue is, I simply don't have time at work to eat properly. I literally don't have the time to sit and eat 3-4 meals. I rarely take breaks and even if I do they don't last long. So a replacement (shake) that I can drink in 2 minutes will do.

At times I get home at 10pm and need to wake up at 4 the next morning. At times I have food that I can heat up, at times I don't so I settle on a sandwich. This is when a shake will help.

But of course I agree that proper eating is the best option. I literally don't have time for the most part.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #37
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Oh I agree.

Only issue is, I simply don't have time at work to eat properly. I literally don't have the time to sit and eat 3-4 meals. I rarely take breaks and even if I do they don't last long. So a replacement (shake) that I can drink in 2 minutes will do.

At times I get home at 10pm and need to wake up at 4 the next morning. At times I have food that I can heat up, at times I don't so I settle on a sandwich. This is when a shake will help.

But of course I agree that proper eating is the best option. I literally don't have time for the most part.

Still making excuses about time? Maybe you should work a bit on your efficiency in the kitchen and settle for quick recipes, and cook extra so you can take a meal with you at work in a plastic box or something. There are plenty of recipes on google, just look for the ones that take the least time.

Btw how do you make your shake at work, if you have so limited amount of time? Dont tell me you make it prior to going work and carry it along half a day?
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #38
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
What would you recommend, protein shake wise? (Serious question, I'm interested in this stuff and always open to suggestion)

It depends on your goals. But if you're talking about quality you need to look at the finished product and what form of protein. For example, ON Gold standards blends several different forms of filtered whey but charge a premium on it. Dymatize Iso-100 is a hydrolyzed whey which is a premium source with less fillers at the same price. The difference is like going to the gas station and paying premium prices for mid grade gas. Plus the cheap fillers they put in ON to further reduce costs.

If you want a high quality protein I'd suggest iso-100 bias aside. But protein is all relevant to your goals
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #39
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
It's real food, cheap and easy to make. You can buy it in bulk and not pay a ridiculous price like you would a bodybuilding supplement.

Weight gainers aren't expensive. In fact it's cheaper than most foods, and conventionally much more convenient. Break down costs per serving and you're literally paying less than foods of equal calorie proportion.

Nobody is saying to replace real food to. But in essence this is real food. It's an alternate way to take calories. To think otherwise is a huge misguided view of what these products are. Is baby formula not real food? Things like colostrum, greens powder.. not real food? Whats the difference from eating a bowl of berries or having it blended down to a smoothie? Just because it's in a powder doesn;t mean it's not food. If it has a calorie count it's food.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #40
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
C4 is the only one that really has that kick anymore..
Mr Hyde is ok..

The rest just seem to be rehashed garbage.. gone are the days of good ol 1mr, meso and craze

Those are more stim based. Doesn't mean it's better or more conducive to a better workout. Those stims are out there, it's a matter of putting it together yourself
Old 01-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #41
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

No one has that little time. I hear people with that excuse then go on to talk about the whole season of Netflix trash they just watched

There are tons of companies that meal prep for you now. Sent to your door every few days. Just microwave and eat. You don't have 5 minutes to eat every few hours??
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:08 AM   #42
plowking
Verticle?

As a general rule of thumb, if you struggle with your stomach and taking shakes, then buy WPI, not WPC.

Again, as a general rule, all these proteins are quite similar, outside of some minor difference in filtering, but saying that, a lot of them are made in the same factories.
For you, being 150lbs, it doesn't matter which one you get, seeing as any you take will be beneficial. You may as well take a mass gainer if you want to get to 170lbs, and keep your diet the same everywhere else.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:53 AM   #43
AirBonner
Colorado Investigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Oh I agree.

You are making excuses. Most grocery stores sell cooked rotisserie chickens for crying out loud. 90 seconds for some rice and you got a couple meals.
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: