Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 02:11 AM   #16
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

These same MFers in here saying that Jordan's Wizards years don't count towards his career yet in this thread make him sound completely capable of carrying a team
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:15 AM   #17
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
These same MFers in here saying that Jordan's Wizards years don't count towards his career yet in this thread make him sound completely capable of carrying a team

Meh I really don't follow enough to see everything but I wasn't aware people said Jordan's Wizards years don't count because I'm not sure what it would cont towards - his legacy was already cemented well before then.

People engage in hyperbole all the time on this site whether they know it or not. From what I see though the site is far worse than it was years ago when it comes to that, homerism, outlandish claims, trolling and straight up stanning.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 AM   #18
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Meh I really don't follow enough to see everything but I wasn't aware people said Jordan's Wizards years don't count because I'm not sure what it would cont towards - his legacy was already cemented well before then.

People engage in hyperbole all the time on this site whether they know it or not. From what I see though the site is far worse than it was years ago when it comes to that, homerism, outlandish claims, trolling and straight up stanning.
It's just proof Jordan stans cherry pick the stats that support Jordan's "flawless" legacy. They don't recognize his Wizard years, the year Pippen carried them when he first retired, his 1-9 playoff record without Pippen....
but yet support threads like this that contradict those points. Especially the homers in this thread.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:41 AM   #19
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
It's just proof Jordan stans cherry pick the stats that support Jordan's "flawless" legacy. They don't recognize his Wizard years, the year Pippen carried them when he first retired, his 1-9 playoff record without Pippen....
but yet support threads like this that contradict those points. Especially the homers in this thread.

Like I said I didn't follow too closely but I thought this just mentioned MJ's speed at age 40 I don't know what it had to do with his playoff record before Pippen or anything else?

I think you're fooling yourself if you think Jordan stans cherry pick stats etc. like other stans don't. That's literally all I read everyday on this website, a bunch of agenda driven posts that are typically full of cherry-picked stats that support that player mixed in with a general lack of interest in engaging in any thoughtful conversation. Well that's not always true but you have to sift through so much shit to find decent conversation here, which half the time gets hijacked anyways.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:52 AM   #20
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Like I said I didn't follow too closely but I thought this just mentioned MJ's speed at age 40 I don't know what it had to do with his playoff record before Pippen or anything else?

I think you're fooling yourself if you think Jordan stans cherry pick stats etc. like other stans don't. That's literally all I read everyday on this website, a bunch of agenda driven posts that are typically full of cherry-picked stats that support that player mixed in with a general lack of interest in engaging in any thoughtful conversation. Well that's not always true but you have to sift through so much shit to find decent conversation here, which half the time gets hijacked anyways.

Stanning is stanning. Yes every player fan base has them. However Jordan stans, especially the ones in this thread are the cream of the crop when it comes to denial. Which is the basis of my initial comments. The collection in this thread do it more than any other Stan base.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:54 AM   #21
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Stanning is stanning. Yes every player fan base has them. However Jordan stans, especially the ones in this thread are the cream of the crop when it comes to denial. Which is the basis of my initial comments. The collection in this thread do it more than any other Stan base.

Like I said I really don't follow too much anymore but I find the new age stans to be out of control but I guess maybe it's supposed to be funny. Who knows
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #22
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Like I said I really don't follow too much anymore but I find the new age stans to be out of control but I guess maybe it's supposed to be funny. Who knows
Today's stans do it for shits and giggles. Its just today's culture. Jordan stans actually believe the shot they say.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:08 AM   #23
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Today's stans do it for shits and giggles. Its just today's culture. Jordan stans actually believe the shot they say.

I'm gonna have to disagree. A ton of them completely believe the shit they're saying. I also don't know enough about what the Jordan stans you're talking about typically say that is completely ludicrous or the running themes - is it more so that he has an unblemished career or is it things like them saying he's the GOAT that you don't agree with?

As for today's stans - Nick Wright was on TV the other day going on about how Lebron is a better shooter than Kevin Durant - and he was 100% serious.

The Kobe stans used to be out of control back in the day but I think now they must know their shit is just for fun because a lot of the arguments they used to make just don't hold up and it's obvious, especially when you look at the next generational talent in a guy like Lebron.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:15 AM   #24
julizaver
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
Turned to an inefficient chucker in his 14th season.


Thank god Bron had better longevity than that chump.

Man, Bron is just turning 33 ... MJ was turning 39 in his 14th.
julizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:25 AM   #25
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
I'm gonna have to disagree. A ton of them completely believe the shit they're saying. I also don't know enough about what the Jordan stans you're talking about typically say that is completely ludicrous or the running themes - is it more so that he has an unblemished career or is it things like them saying he's the GOAT that you don't agree with?

As for today's stans - Nick Wright was on TV the other day going on about how Lebron is a better shooter than Kevin Durant - and he was 100% serious.

The Kobe stans used to be out of control back in the day but I think now they must know their shit is just for fun because a lot of the arguments they used to make just don't hold up and it's obvious, especially when you look at the next generational talent in a guy like Lebron.

Well, like you said you're out of touch so maybe you just don't see it.
Honestly, if you don't see it then you really are out of touch. To answer your question the Jordan stans on here do believe he's got this unblemished career which to the point of my original statement this thread validates it. And my comment wasn't meant to throw light to Kobe or LeBron stans. You added those points to defend Jordan stans. See collectively Kobe and LeBron stans are like today's generation of people which are addicted to trolling. If you can't see that then you really are either out of touch or a Jordan homer. Which one is it?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:01 AM   #26
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Well, like you said you're out of touch so maybe you just don't see it.
Honestly, if you don't see it then you really are out of touch. To answer your question the Jordan stans on here do believe he's got this unblemished career which to the point of my original statement this thread validates it. And my comment wasn't meant to throw light to Kobe or LeBron stans. You added those points to defend Jordan stans. See collectively Kobe and LeBron stans are like today's generation of people which are addicted to trolling. If you can't see that then you really are either out of touch or a Jordan homer. Which one is it?

I'm out of touch with ISH stans and homers (which tbh I think is a good thing that I don't know specifically who posters are anymore or their agenda)

I have no clue I came to a thread about Jordan's speed and you started bringing up stuff that was unrelated so I'm not sure what you're doing - going to threads and calling out people when they didn't mention anything along the lines of that which you say your response is intended to combat? It was confusing. If anything I saw Lebron fans coming in here talking about Lebron or how shitty the east was back then, which I really have no problem with I was just interested in the video. I didn't see anywhere anybody say he was capable of carrying a team to the playoffs but it seems like maybe it rubbed you the wrong way or the fact they stan other places but if they didn't do it here why start the discussion?

I think Jordan is the GOAT - is that the qualifier for being a Jordan stan? If so I wonder what that makes you. Does he have an unblemished career? Clearly he doesn't, but just like I see people on this site trying to tear down Lebron, I notice plenty of people doing that to MJ also. Who knows maybe I'd know if you were one of them if I was more "in touch". Anyways, I find it interesting that it seems Jordan stans are bad but essentially Lebron and Kobe stans are ok because that's just what they do in this day in age. I think people who make outlandish claims or don't try and at least discuss their position are brutal to interact with no matter who their favourite player is but that's just me.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:02 AM   #27
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,466
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
l

Lebron won a championship with no all-stars in 2016 against a 73 win team. GOAT gonna GOAT

MJ beat better teams overall: 6 Finals teams and better conference finals teams

So it's not close, despite Lebron's one-off against a 73-win team

Also, Jordan beat 3 of his Finals opponents with only 1 superstar teammate, whereas Lebron always needed multiple superstar teammates to win (aka "superteams").. So any perception that lebron faced superteams is offset by him having his own superteams.

Overall, Lebron has beaten less good teams, while also losing to worse teams than Jordan did, and as the favorite (09 Magic and 11 Mavs)
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:24 AM   #28
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,820
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
I'm out of touch with ISH stans and homers (which tbh I think is a good thing that I don't know specifically who posters are anymore or their agenda)

I have no clue I came to a thread about Jordan's speed and you started bringing up stuff that was unrelated so I'm not sure what you're doing - going to threads and calling out people when they didn't mention anything along the lines of that which you say your response is intended to combat? It was confusing. If anything I saw Lebron fans coming in here talking about Lebron or how shitty the east was back then, which I really have no problem with I was just interested in the video. I didn't see anywhere anybody say he was capable of carrying a team to the playoffs but it seems like maybe it rubbed you the wrong way or the fact they stan other places but if they didn't do it here why start the discussion?

I think Jordan is the GOAT - is that the qualifier for being a Jordan stan? If so I wonder what that makes you. Does he have an unblemished career? Clearly he doesn't, but just like I see people on this site trying to tear down Lebron, I notice plenty of people doing that to MJ also. Who knows maybe I'd know if you were one of them if I was more "in touch". Anyways, I find it interesting that it seems Jordan stans are bad but essentially Lebron and Kobe stans are ok because that's just what they do in this day in age. I think people who make outlandish claims or don't try and at least discuss their position are brutal to interact with no matter who their favourite player is but that's just me.

So you're a Jordan. Got it.
It explains how you completely missed my point.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:51 AM   #29
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
So you're a Jordan. Got it.
It explains how you completely missed my point.

Your point was simple - the people who contributed to this thread are hardcore Jordan stans who think he has no flaws - I just didn't get the relevance since I came into this thread seeing no mention of that. So I don't know what point I missed

I also don't know how I'm a Jordan? Or did you mean Jordan stan? That would be a pretty big reach and the first time I've ever been accused of being a stan on this site.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #30
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,384
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
He made the playoffs as a rookie with no all-stars on his team.

GOAT gonna GOAT
They won 30 games.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy