Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 08:13 AM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,211
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

I can't speak for anyone else, but this is MY take.

A. Most of us bring up MJ's capabilities as a Wiz to show that even tho he was way past his prime, he was still an elite athlete (at times...more on that later). This matters because IF he was able to do what he could do at that age way past his prime, imagine if he actually was playing today (or 2k era) in his prime.

B. MJ's Wiz years tend to be excused because as I mentioned above:
He wasn't in his prime
He played injured
He played with a depleted cast

He was inconsistent because his body didn't allow him to perform due to age and injuries.

It's a joke to hold him to the same standards.

Imagine if Bron was playing with a big injury (haha), naturally he's gonna be inconsistent. It would be unfair to judge him for a bad season if he was playing hurt.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #32
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,211
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Here are the laughable list of excuses Bron fans have used for his failures:

He was tired
It was too hot
He had a cramp
No help


Im sure there's more lame excuses made for Floppy.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #33
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,362
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Where the hell have you been, bro? The boards are horrendous now. However bad you thought Kobe stans were in the 2000s, the LeBron children are fifty times more annoying and misinformed. Do you ever update your YouTube anymore?
you couldn't be more wrong coach. most lebron stans acknowledge MJ as the GOAT. the vocal MJ fanboys on the other hand are embarrassing stans for the most part.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,362
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Here are the laughable list of excuses Bron fans have used for his failures:

He was tired
It was too hot
He had a cramp
No help


Im sure there's more lame excuses made for Floppy.
15 years of excellence in the league - "floppy" is doing alright for himself, I assure you
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #35
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,211
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
15 years of excellence in the league - "floppy" is doing alright for himself, I assure you

Nobody said he wasn't.

I was addressing Bron Stans trying to diminish MJ and criticizing us for excusing his Wiz years.

How can they attack MJ for being old and hurt yet defend Bron for performing poorly due to the arena being too hot?

They defend him for performing badly because he's "tired" even tho he sits out for minor injuries that most players could easily play through.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #36
julizaver
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,118
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

For me Jordan at Wizzards was washed up compared to Bulls Jordan 3 years and he was not the same player and athlete obviously. For some people it would be probably better for Jordan to not come out of retirment and remembered him like the super human bein he used to be in Bulls uniform. And I - while not the biggest fan of MJ was among those who prefer to exclude Wizzards Jordan when speaking about him. Aside for the few highligts, Jordan at 38-40 was not so great and it was a little bit painful to watch. Although at very advance for athlete age fans expected at some point Jordan to regain his old form and abilities and to dominate the game the way he used to. Yes he was quick enough still make a lot of troubles for defenders, and he had some nice stretches during games and that's it. The last basket versus Jazz could be the perfect ending for his career and it was before he came out of retirement again.
Also for me no need to look at what Jordan could do at 40 as a measure of what he could today. Jordan could excel in any era of basketball - put prime Jordan today and he will be an instant superstar.
julizaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #37
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,830
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
Your point was simple - the people who contributed to this thread are hardcore Jordan stans who think he has no flaws - I just didn't get the relevance since I came into this thread seeing no mention of that. So I don't know what point I missed

I also don't know how I'm a Jordan? Or did you mean Jordan stan? That would be a pretty big reach and the first time I've ever been accused of being a stan on this site.

You don't see the point because you're a Jordan Stan defending your fellow stans. You don't see it because you agree with them, therefor you're oblivious to it. Because those posts were painfully obvious. I get it. No need to keep going in circles about it. But if you still don't get it I'm glad to go in circles with you.

And yes Jordan Stan. It was late, didn't check my post. Phone was glitchy.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #38
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jurassic klaw
Posts: 16,362
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Nobody said he wasn't.

I was addressing Bron Stans trying to diminish MJ and criticizing us for excusing his Wiz years.

How can they attack MJ for being old and hurt yet defend Bron for performing poorly due to the arena being too hot?

They defend him for performing badly because he's "tired" even tho he sits out for minor injuries that most players could easily play through.
I've never seen this once. Wtf? And when has bron performed badly since 2011? He's been the model of consistency.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #39
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,239
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
You don't see the point because you're a Jordan Stan defending your fellow stans. You don't see it because you agree with them, therefor you're oblivious to it. Because those posts were painfully obvious. I get it. No need to keep going in circles about it. But if you still don't get it I'm glad to go in circles with you.

And yes Jordan Stan. It was late, didn't check my post. Phone was glitchy.

My man I have nothing to do with your beef with Jordan stans - it must still be late where you are. I didn't agree with anybody on anything haha I don't know what you're reading or you can show me what I said to agree with them feel free I will happily stand corrected. I don't see that happening though. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a Jordan stan? Although I never really disagreed with you on any particular point other than that all types of players have delusional stans - not just Jordan ones. Oh well it's cool
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #40
Bawkish
I rule the local playground
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 586
Default Re: Wizards Jordan with INCREDIBLE speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
My man I have nothing to do with your beef with Jordan stans - it must still be late where you are. I didn't agree with anybody on anything haha I don't know what you're reading or you can show me what I said to agree with them feel free I will happily stand corrected. I don't see that happening though. I guess anyone who disagrees with you is a Jordan stan? Although I never really disagreed with you on any particular point other than that all types of players have delusional stans - not just Jordan ones. Oh well it's cool

Lebron stans like him are paranoid

they're a bunch of sensitive teenage girls
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy