Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,935
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
What exactly is your problem with the tweet? All of it is true, and it's informing the American Citizens how our money is being spent. 15B with a B is going to waste. No more! America First

It's not diplomatic even if he is correct.

You can't go on talking about international policies on Twitter as if he was talking about Rosie O'Donnell. He is the President not a troll.

Not even Bush in all of his glorious stupidity was this idiotic.

There are multiple parties involved in these situations. This can cause rifts and these rifts have consequences that could be severe for intelligence communications, YES a Tweet can be that significant that's how sensitive the world is.

I can almost guarantee that there are officials, experts running around trying to fix any issue his tweet caused.

These deals while on the surface appear to be a joke, have been looked over by our intelligence/security/military/diplomatic experts. So even if Pakistan just recently f*cked us over somehow or if Trump just found out about something they did, you do not diss them on Twitter, leave that shit for Taylor Swift vs Kanye.

You get back at them in a different way, you let the experts take care of this shit instead of Tweeting like a butthurt 12 year old girl.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #32
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,447
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
so Trump condemned SA for their violence against yemen.. yet he literally sold them the weapons to carry out the atrocities. I wouldnt say the word hypocrisy would even cover it.

Is Ford responsible for DUIs that kill people?

After all, if Ford didn't sell them that vehicle, they wouldn't have killed anyone.

The real question is... how far are you willing to stretch the blame to connect it to Trump? To the ends of the Earth? Cause that's what it looks like.

It's like Obama didn't do the same thing, or something.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #33
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,935
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
You're getting defensive cause I exposed you as a phony?

Bro, everyone is watching.

Better explain yourself quick, because right now we all see you as a blindly partisan fraud. A pawn for the DNC.

Is that the height of your intellectual capacity? Just an ignorant and obedient pawn for the Democratic party?

That's what you've shown yourself to be, brother.


You exposed nothing.

Strawman argument is a first sign of a snowflake getting triggered.

You exposed yourself.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #34
Akrazotile
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
so Trump condemned SA for their violence against yemen.. yet literally sold them the weapons to carry out the atrocity. I wouldnt say the word hypocrisy would even cover it.


Sure. Great. We sold them weapons. And Trump did it for the same reason every President has done it. Because when they get into Washington, there are so many people pressuring them to do this stuff because of the financial gain for people on the inside. The military industrial complex has massive pull in Washington.

And it'd be a lot easier for us to work together, united, to stop these things from happening if conservatives didn't have to keep fighting you guys to do the RIGHT things domestically so often. You want illegal immigration, you want affirmative action, unconstitutional gun bans, unconstitutional healthcare mandates. You're trying to usurp the government for yourselves so that all the historical financial losers (minorities) and current social losers (weak white liberals) can have all the free money and handouts and whatever they want.

If you would stop doing that and accept a limited government, STATES-oriented approach, there would be far less conflict. And we would find it much easier to work together.

But you're too selfish, and too hypnotized by the DNC machine's talking points and propaganda.



I'll call out my own 'side' when there's bullshit, because I'm pretty moderate. Trump should NOT give in to the MIC. He shouldn't be doing ANYTHING for Saudi Arabia, we should leave the Third World alone, and we should use our trillions of dollars to reach out to Chinese and Russian citizens to pressure THEIR governments to leave the third world alone. Everything we do that's involved with these places is for the economic gain of people at the top.

I started a damn BUSINESS to keep money out of the wrong people's hands. You won't even call out the DNC for it's perpetual propaganda, contradictions, hypocrisy, and lies.



That said, the idiot I was responding to said "Trump wont SAY ANYTHING LIKE THIS to Saudi Arabia."

So I posted a link WHERE HE SAID IT.



So yeah... please keep the goal posts in place.

Last edited by Akrazotile : 01-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #35
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,935
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

For the record, this thread was made by a Trump fan bragging about something that should be shamed.

Even lower level officers or officials know better than to make idiotic comments such as this. If another person had made this comment he'd been reprimanded by the higher ups.

This again shows how ill prepared he is, how ill informed he is to be the leader of the his country.

As I stated, I've seen better judgement by retail store managers.
I've seen better restraint by McDonald's employees.

His decision making should question everyone.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #36
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,750
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Is Ford responsible for DUIs that kill people?

After all, if Ford didn't sell them that vehicle, they wouldn't have killed anyone.

The real question is... how far are you willing to stretch the blame to connect it to Trump? To the ends of the Earth? Cause that's what it looks like.

It's like Obama didn't do the same thing, or something.


really really really bad analogy. When you sell a warring nation a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theres only one use for them. Killing and conquering. You dont drive guns. A cars primary purpose isnt to be used as a weapon where as guns primary purpose is especially talking a large deal to fit an army and not just an individual adding to a collection.


I dont really blame trump for it btw... hes just a puppet for a machine already well set in place. But if youre going to condemn the violence in a particular region, it would probably be best to not have sold the perpetrators a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theyre using in the attacks.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #37
Akrazotile
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
For the record, this thread was made by a Trump fan bragging about something that should be shamed.

Even lower level officers or officials know better than to make idiotic comments such as this. If another person had made this comment he'd been reprimanded by the higher ups.

This again shows how ill prepared he is, how ill informed he is to be the leader of the his country.

As I stated, I've seen better judgement by retail store managers.
I've seen better restraint by McDonald's employees.

His decision making should question everyone.

The systematic exploitation of our government, one administration after the other, is of much greater import than one President's eccentric Tweeting habits.

But you won't focus on ANYTHING else. You are 100% all-in for hating Trump. To you, hating Trump is Apple headphones or Converse sneakers. It's part of your image. Your LOOK.

You want the world to identify you as a Trump hater. You think that's cool, and appealing.

You aren't using common sense and your priorities are a shit show.

You're trying to be politically trendy, evidently to fill some void of inadequacy you've got deep down.

STOP DOING THAT.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #38
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,447
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
really really really bad analogy. When you sell a warring nation a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theres only one use for them. Killing and conquering. You dont drive guns. A cars primary purpose isnt to be used as a weapon where as guns primary purpose is especially talking a large deal to fit an army and not just an individual adding to a collection.


I dont really blame trump for it btw... hes just a puppet for a machine already well set in place. But if youre going to condemn the violence in a particular region, it would probably be best to not have sold the perpetrators a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theyre using in the attacks.

He's building bridges, I guess.

Quote:
While in Riyadh, the official said Mr Trump would attend three major events: a series of meeting with Saudi officials, a separate session with leaders of the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council and a lunch with Arab and Muslim leaders, 56 of whom have been invited, to discuss combating extremism and cracking down on illicit financing.

Not a huge fan of SA, but it would appear that they are working on building a better relationship with us, which can only lead to good things.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #39
Akrazotile
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
really really really bad analogy. When you sell a warring nation a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theres only one use for them. Killing and conquering. You dont drive guns. A cars primary purpose isnt to be used as a weapon where as guns primary purpose is especially talking a large deal to fit an army and not just an individual adding to a collection.


I dont really blame trump for it btw... hes just a puppet for a machine already well set in place. But if youre going to condemn the violence in a particular region, it would probably be best to not have sold the perpetrators a 100 billion dollars worth of guns theyre using in the attacks.


A gun's primary purpose for most people and countries is defense. That doesn't mean that's what Trump expected, but the analogy is still legitimate. We sell cars to other countries. If they start using them in mass ramming incidents, that isn't our fault.

We sell weapons to other countries. Because other countries have defense forces. If they're aggressive with those weapons, the accountability is not on us.


That said, we shouldn't sell anything to the middle east and africa. We shouldn't give them any aid, no money, no business. That's a different part of the world with a different culture. Let them do their tribal shit, not turn them into bottom feeding subjects of western economy. We should respect and preserve global diversity. For the good of the planet.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #40
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,750
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

it is kinda crazy how trump does his foriegn relations tho... literally just bullies everybody on twitter. He refers to kim jong exclusively as "Rocketman".
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #41
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 22,249
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

It's about time we told Pakistan to fcck off.

Thank you President Trump.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #42
Dresta
A humble prophet
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medina
Posts: 10,496
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
While Trump is correct about Pakistan, they do some of our dirty work.

International politics is shady business and isn't as black and white as people make it out to be. Everyone plays with both sides, experts were weighed in on Pakistan they simply didn't get money for shits and giggles. And there certainly are repercussions that they face. Ya'll think military/intelligence leaders are pacifist peaceniks that will simply ignore and forgive if Pakistan f*cked us over?

NO

This shit aint that simple.

Im positive the US has made Pakistan and everyone else that double crossed them at some point pay back in some fashion.

Do not be fooled.

The US IS the top dog.

No matter what Trump wants to make you believe, the US is nobody's b*tch as he likes to portray. The people in the intelligence communities are not idiotic p*ssies.

We still have the most prestige/influence/power in the world (although Trump is starting to dismantle that) and at times we need to give in some to get back.

There's a hidden agenda that Trump wants to push that we're not keen on (for the moment).

See here for an example of how mindless jingoism is basically the same on the liberal left as the liberal right. This shit is really no different to Republican morons going "woo, yeahh, we da bess, freedom, **** yea!!!"

America has been "crusading for democracy and freedom" around the world since 1917 at the latest. This is a liberal universalist mentality (and really the difference between 19th century liberal materialism and its 20th century derivation is marginal and unimportant). Liberals are basically united by a hatred and intolerance towards that which they are incapable of understanding, because they are primitive and philistine to the core of their being.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #43
BigNBAfan
College star
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beachfront
Posts: 3,961
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
See here for an example of how mindless jingoism is basically the same on the liberal left as the liberal right. This shit is really no different to Republican morons going "woo, yeahh, we da bess, freedom, **** yea!!!"

America has been "crusading for democracy and freedom" around the world since 1917 at the latest. This is a liberal universalist mentality (and really the difference between 19th century liberal materialism and its 20th century derivation is marginal and unimportant). Liberals are basically united by a hatred and intolerance towards that which they are incapable of understanding, because they are primitive and philistine to the core of their being.

LOL

You're giving that landscaper way too much credit by even calling him a liberal. He's just a apple fanboy that goes with the flow. He's one of those ****boys that posts politics on facebook to be trendy. The second you question his stance the truth comes out. "uhh uhh ohhh he shouldnt be talking on twitter because no president has uhh ohh uhhhh" Just a diversion from the real issue. Notice, beangar never actually talks about the 15B going to Pakistan, just mocks Trump.

Beanrific posting
BigNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #44
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 15,835
Default Re: Pakistan getting ripped a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
i dont know enough about pakistan and U.S. dealings to give a fair judgment. Why are they being paid? what do we get in return? i dont really care that much about it.

I really have never "spun" any opinion or scenario to benefit my argument. perhaps objectivity and logic is considered "spinning" when you have a mind of a trumptard whos only objective is to make baseless arguments, i dont blame you, you are a sheep to the ultimate mindless manipulator. Do you need an example? i read one of trumps tweets the other day bragging about how he regained isis terrority at a faster rate than obama did. but he forgot to include a special number, civilian casualties, which he is responsible for at a rate of 8x more than obama. do we want to be objective and consider all the facts or do we just want to pick which "facts" fits our agenda.
but im the one thats spinning facts? really, theres no arguing with a dumbass, you just have to call them an idiot, retard or dumbass.

next.

You don't see it as spinning because it's your own opinion. But in reality you do. You automatically take any stance that is anti-Trump and will find a way to dispute it. Trump can cure cancer and you'd say something like cancer is needed to control the population.

You claim i'm a mindless sheep, but my parents came here legally so i don't get caught up in all the satire. I see what policies fit me and my family. I align with Akrazotile, UK2K, and rufus because they calmly debate the unconventional and seem to carry the same structural values as me. All I see from you is insults to get your point across. Sometimes you don't even have a point. It's straight to insults. In fact, I rarely see a lefty argument where it doesn't lead to the poster getting riled up
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy