Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here
Default Absolutely Rediculous

Why would these teams waste a second round pick on a guy that will probably never even touch american soil much less play in the league when they could have gotten immediate impact from guys like Mike Gansey, Kevin Pittsnogle, and Brandon Bowman...

Gansey not getting drafted is a huge suprise..I still believe he will get to the NBA and stay 10-12 years..he's that good..I cant see how he was passed on 60 times..unbelieveable..You guys have to admit he is MUCH better than most of those guys picked in the second round ( like JR Pinnock and David Noel)..This was probably my least favorite draft of all time..
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

this draft sucked but I really do actaully like Noel hes a great perimeter defender, really athletic, and can hit the open shot.
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
Why would these teams waste a second round pick on a guy that will probably never even touch american soil much less play in the league when they could have gotten immediate impact from guys like Mike Gansey, Kevin Pittsnogle, and Brandon Bowman...

Gansey not getting drafted is a huge suprise..I still believe he will get to the NBA and stay 10-12 years..he's that good..I cant see how he was passed on 60 times..unbelieveable..You guys have to admit he is MUCH better than most of those guys picked in the second round ( like JR Pinnock and David Noel)..This was probably my least favorite draft of all time..

Ginobli and Parker created this trend. It makes more sense for a team to take a chance on n unknown overseas talent rather than pick up an average American college player who will probably be a career filler.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Parker was a first round pick but how often do you find a good foreigner in the 2nd round..very few other than Ginoblili ( 57th ) I seriously doubt we see any of those guys from overseas in the league any time soon

I really think, and not just because Im a West Virginia fan, that Mike Gansey is one of the 15 or 20 best players in this draft, you just can't teach the hustle and intangibles that this guy has..He will end up signing with a team and I guaruntee he makes an NBA roster this year.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

I would think you will see these guys get into the league via free agency... ala Marquis Daniels...

This way they get to try out for teams which will suit their games more!

I am a little suprised though!
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default dont fret

Don't fret folks. Gansey will definitely be able to walk onto a team and be a third string player for a couple of years, and then maybe work his way up to second string. In fact, expect him to walk onto clevelands team. They could definitely use his three point shooting.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

allan ray, darius washington were also still there
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
Tsuj10
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Tsuj10 has an OK reputation so far

The reason a lot of those guys mentioned (Pittsnogle, Gansey, Washington, Ray, etc) weren't drafted was because teams are concerned over money. It's a lot simpler to draft someone who can develop 2-3 more years in Europe and not have to worry about paying them in the near future. Freeland, Perovic, Eliyahu, Vinicius, Veremeenko, Samb, etc are examples.
Tsuj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
Durant Durant
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Durant Durant has an OK reputation so far

Who cares if these guys got drafted or not? Every year people piss and moan over good college kids that didn't get drafted. I don't like half these European goons that are getting drafted but if a player wants to play in the NBA he will get there with hard work regardless and you know damn right these teams don't feel like paying for these picks too.
Durant Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089

How would you know? You can predict the future for people or something?

You are like those avg fans who thinks the first 16 teams who pass on Gerald Green last year was dumb too right?
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: