Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 07-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far
Default re-doing the 05 draft

logically its way too early to discuss a re-do, only a year after it was done and when we really have no clue what type of player marvin williams will end up becoming...but we are hoops junkies...so lets give it a try, for fun.

..i got the idea becasue i said Lenus Kleza would be taken in the top 15 if the draft were re-done, and some cat disagreed with me and posted his own list. here it is:
1.Bogut
2.Williams
3.Deron
4.Paul
5.Felton
6.Webster
7.Granger
8.Frye
9.Diogu
10.Green
11.Villanueva
12.Garcia
13.McCants
14.Graham
15.Warrick
16.Petro
17.Bynum
18.Blatche

this list sucks. but sucky lists always garner more attention/debate. Lenua Kleza should be ahead of Blache, Graham and Garcia for sure...McCants is too high after the microfracture

...green and bynum should be higher. they were drafted for potential and they showed potential, so they're on the right track.

granger is too high. hes overrated becasue peopel say hes so underrated. hes an average cat. decent player, nothing special.

paul should be number one, but thats so obvious
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
dffsaf
Banned

dffsaf has an OK reputation so far
Default villeneuva

that list is messed up....vilenueva would definelty be a top 3 pick...everyone knew he had talent but he was able to show his determination and will this year...i think i remember him scoring 48 pts in a game as a rookie this year
dffsaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I put that list but that wasn't my order. I just remembered the order and just wrote it. Here's my real list.

ps. Lenus Kleiza isn't on it lmao.

1. Chris Paul
2. Andrew Bogut
3. Charlie Villanueva
4. Raymond Felton
5. Marvin Williams
6. Deron Williams
7. Danny Granger
8. Channing Frye
9. Gerald Green
10. Ike Diogu
11. Rashad McCants
12. Andrew Bynum
13. Joey Graham
14. Francisco Garcia
15. Johan Petro
16. Hakim Warrick
17. Andray Blatche
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
jamal
crawford, mashburn

better. but Kleiza will be one of the 15 best players from that draft. I can almost guarantee it.

and yeah, when denver got him last year i was pissed too, i was thinking, whos this foreignt cat?..but hes gonna be a special player
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default Uh..

Yeah, not to bust your balls, but that's a pretty horrible draft order.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I would take Granger no lower than sixth. The kid's a stud.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah, not to bust your balls, but that's a pretty horrible draft order.

I'm waiting ..... (for your list)

I just made that off the top of my head, in like 1 minute. If I took time I could get it perfect.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
jamal
crawford, mashburn

granger is like anthony parker from macibib tel aviv....who the raps may sign...for like 3 mil a year..his game mirrors grangers
Old 07-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

For example just looking back right now I'd switch Marvin and Danny.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Bogut would still go #1. He's still a skilled 7' center who played well in his rookie year, and you can't ignore the needs of the team who was picking. Unless this is just a list of who the best players are in order.

Maybe if we knew that we could trade Mason for Magloire and Ford for Villanueva, it would make sense to not draft Bogut and go PG instead.

Also, Utah still takes a point guard there. Ok, I give up - you guys are just listing who you think the best players are.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Yeah it's just best players. I was thinking that too adam. The Bucks would still pick Bogut.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
jamal
crawford, mashburn

you got to be kidding adam. all things taken back, the bucks would take paul, and move TJ, than just re-up zaza and danny g. them, plus paul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bogut and ford
Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #13
jamal
crawford, mashburn

actually they wouldnt even have to move TJ. He would just play speedy claxton, which is what hes best suited for anyway.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
jamal
crawford, mashburn

...but id move him for chuck v.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #15
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

We won more games than the team with Paul and the real Speedy Claxton. True centers are by far the most valuable commodity in the NBA.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: