Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Does anyone else suck at scoring in the post against physical defenders. It seems I allways get blocked or forced into a bad shot unless I have a physical advantage.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #17
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Does anyone else suck at scoring in the post against physical defenders. It seems I allways get blocked or forced into a bad shot unless I have a physical advantage.

Mix in an elbow here or there and see if they keep defending the same way!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:53 AM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

if tall players are overrated in the draft, then explain how Pittsnogle went un-drafted
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #19
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
"You can't teach size."

no you can't...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #20
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far

unless your the Chinese goverment.
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #21
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Arrow Decisions....then...obvious....away

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
no you can't...

Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:01 AM   #22
BlockAHoe
I airball my layups

BlockAHoe has no real reputation yet.

They are rated so highly because people (Bad G.M.'s) think that size and position are everything. They think because they got a big P.F. or a big guard that they have the upper hand. When they have a stiff the majority of the time. Most of the time the talent and reach prevail. You can't discount talent and ability to learn in a draft, when most G.M.'s do. It's all about the B-Ball I.Q. and the ability to educate yourself.
BlockAHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:12 AM   #23
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

If I wasn't 6'8 I wouldn't even be on a team..
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #24
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
"You can't teach size."

I agree you can not teach size it is usually the result of this tiny gland in the back of your brain.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #25
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A lot of it's just playing the odds. It's similar to big guys in football. Parcells used to call it the "world theory" when he coached the Jets. There's only so many guys in the world who are over 300 lbs, and athletic enough to play impact football. There are many many more guys at 240-250 lbs. So collecting the 300 lbs is very valuable.
Similarly, there are only so many guys out there who are 6-10 or taller who are relatively athletic, and can actually play. The dropoff comes quickly, and it's extreme. So the payoff in finding one is huge. Meanwhile, there's literally thousands of guys in the 6-5 to 6-7 range who can play a little. So finding one who's substantially better than the field is a lot harder. And the pay off is less, because the number two guy is still gonna be close.
Look at it like this, Gerald Wallace is something like the 40th best swingman in the league. Who's the 40th best big in the league? Now which match up is better: Gerald Wallace vs Kobe/Lebron/Wade, or 40th best big vs. Shaq/Duncan/Yao. Finding a good big is a huge advantage.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: