Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #16
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Kobe was asked which player he would like to play with the most in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
So a player that plays like Jordan wants a player that plays like Pippen?

In other news, the famed airship, the Hindenburg exploded.

These guys are dumb, so they post before thinking.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #17
Keno
College star

Default Re: Kobe was asked which player he would like to play with the most in his prime

this goes against everything their stans have to say about playing with lebron.

kobe fam stay taking Ls non-stop since 2011.
Keno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #18
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
So a player that plays like Jordan wants a player that plays like Pippen?

In other news, the famed airship, the Hindenburg exploded.

Obvious logic is obvious.

Leave it to the le-apologists that have the lowest IQ on this message board to some how take this as a slight against Kobe.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #19
red1
raptors

the kyrie and lebron duo did actually prove that kobe and lebron would be a good fit. not that we didn't know that already.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #20
SamuraiSWISH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
the kyrie and lebron duo did actually prove that kobe and lebron would be a good fit. not that we didn't know that already.
Well yea.

Once Kobe joined team USA and mentored and taught LeBron how to play defense and take care of his body ... as a tandem with Dwade or KD we curb stomped the competition.

In terms of tag teaming in the NBA it would be too unfair. Poor Man’s Jordan with Rich Man’s Pippen?

Those two and role players could beat this current Warriors squad.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #21
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Lebron would make a great Pippen to Kobe's MJ.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
Dray n Klay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Lebron would make a great Pippen to Kobe's MJ.

Yea, LeBron averages more points, rebounds, and assists while shooting a higher FG% in the regular season, playoffs, and finals than Kobe but yes LeBron would be the secondary player

Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #23
Rojogaqu11
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
If this dota, Kobe is a semi carry who can be a support/PG or carry/scorer but not as good as a hard carry like LeBron. Kobe is a low risk low reward type of player just like a semi carry whereas Lebron is a high risk high reward. If you have no idea how to build a team or doesn't trust your teammates, then you chose Kobe coz he will give you higher chance of winning but you go for Lebron if you know how to build or have good teammates.

Wow I love this analogy lol. I used to play Dota when it wasn't as famous.

I think I disagree tho.

I think Lebron would be the mid player. He would be the core 2, the second most farm dependent hero, but the most essential player on the team almost every time. He would control the tempo of the game, outplaying his match mid to create space for the rest. He would end up his game with stats all across the board. Excellent farm, a lot of kills and assists, and pretty much the MVP. The win depends on his game most of the time.

While Kobe needs to be the core 1, the most farm dependent hero, because he needs to build up throughout the game to be efficient if the game goes late. He wouldn't assist the team much throughout the game, but rather the team needs to give him space to get rolling. He would be the main carry, and if the game goes late, he has the highest level of peak damage, although least consistent throughout the match compared to the more important mid player. But if you get Kobe on-fire, the game is pretty much over if it goes late.

Cool idea lol. I love comparing the 5 v 5 Dota to 5 v 5 BBall. I think you should make a thread like this lol.
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #24
Dray n Klay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
Wow I love this analogy lol. I used to play Dota when it wasn't as famous.

I think I disagree tho.

I think Lebron would be the mid player. He would be the core 2, the second most farm dependent hero, but the most essential player on the team almost every time. He would control the tempo of the game, outplaying his match mid to create space for the rest. He would end up his game with stats all across the board. Excellent farm, a lot of kills and assists, and pretty much the MVP. The win depends on his game most of the time.

While Kobe needs to be the core 1, the most farm dependent hero, because he needs to build up throughout the game to be efficient if the game goes late. He wouldn't assist the team much throughout the game, but rather the team needs to give him space to get rolling. He would be the main carry, and if the game goes late, he has the highest level of peak damage, although least consistent throughout the match compared to the more important mid player. But if you get Kobe on-fire, the game is pretty much over if it goes late.

Cool idea lol. I love comparing the 5 v 5 Dota to 5 v 5 BBall. I think you should make a thread like this lol.

Thanks bro

Iím a huge DOTA fan tbh
Dray n Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #25
livingby3's
70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0

though the facilitator on pace to pass the scorer in the alltime scoring
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #26
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Well yea.

Once Kobe joined team USA and mentored and taught LeBron how to play defense and take care of his body ... as a tandem with Dwade or KD we curb stomped the competition.

In terms of tag teaming in the NBA it would be too unfair. Poor Manís Jordan with Rich Manís Pippen?

Those two and role players could beat this current Warriors squad.
Agreed that it would be unfair. I would've loved to watch a season with both players on the same team. I also agree that they would have a great chance to beat the warriors, but it would definitely be an uphill battle now that the warriors added KD (durant, steph, draymond, klay is as nasty a core as ever seen in NBA history).

They would be a nightmare to guard though and incredible on defense.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

He is absolutely right, their games/abilities complement eachother very well, on both sides of the floor actually.... it was sexy during the Olympics...

Its like Pippen & Jordan... obviously Lebron>Pippen, Jordan>Kobe but you know...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #28
KiiiiNG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy
I would to if my team got slaughtered by him 16 of 22 times
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #29
AintNoSunshine
College superstar

Water is wet, every NBA player wants to jump on the Lebron bandwagon.
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:05 AM   #30
insidehoops
Administrator

LeBron and Kobe together would be incredible. LeBron would average way more assists, Kobe's shot selection would improve and his shooting percentage would increase, and no one would be able to guard them collectively
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: