Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #1
305Baller
NBA Detective

Default Cavs offense sucks

This team is loaded with individual talent but as long as the Cavs play Bran-ball it will be limited to a bunch of guys standing around and watching James be the man. It will net LeBron yet another MVP consideration but the Warriors, Rockets and even Celtics have much more sophisticated offenses.

I see another flame out in the finals if the Cavs dont go in another direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgCH8Etxzw
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:21 AM   #2
ImKobe
Banned

Default Re: Cavs offense sucks

how does it suck?

They have been 3rd in ORTG despite missing IT all season, Kevin Love has been able to average 20/10 despite not even playing over 30 minutes a game, Lebron is putting up peak Bron numbers in his 15th year, they are top 5 in 3-point shooting and 5th in ppg despite being below-average in pace.

With IT back they will look a lot better than they did to close out the RS than last year, they will most likely cruise through the first two rounds again with a tougher ECF than last season because the Celtics are better as well.

I guess this is the time of the year where Lebron fans hedge their bets by calling his team garbage so they'll have an excuse once their King inevitably fails.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:26 AM   #3
305Baller
NBA Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
how does it suck?

They have been 3rd in ORTG despite missing IT all season, Kevin Love has been able to average 20/10 despite not even playing over 30 minutes a game, Lebron is putting up peak Bron numbers in his 15th year, they are top 5 in 3-point shooting and 5th in ppg despite being below-average in pace.

With IT back they will look a lot better than they did to close out the RS than last year, they will most likely cruise through the first two rounds again with a tougher ECF than last season because the Celtics are better as well.

I guess this is the time of the year where Lebron fans hedge their bets by calling his team garbage so they'll have an excuse once their King inevitably fails.

Their offense is boring. It's a bunch of catch-and-shoot and driving into traffic. It's not a particularly beautiful system they are running. Seems to be the same shit LeBron teams always do: hence bran-ball. Bran-ball has had mixed results in the finals, especially when going against more cohesive teams: Dallas, Warriors, Spurs.

Let's see what happens with IT but in this system theres only so much he can do.

Last edited by 305Baller : 01-03-2018 at 03:38 AM.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 AM   #4
Pushxx
Pushxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Cavs defense sucks

Fixed that for you.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:40 AM   #5
ImKobe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
Their offense is boring. It's a bunch of catch-and-shoot and driving into traffic. It's not a particularly beautiful system they are running. Seems to be the same shit LeBron teams always do: hence bran-ball. Bran-ball has had mixed results in the finals, especially when going against more cohesive teams: Dallas, Warriors, Spurs.

They look better than they did last year and they'll look like a serious contender once IT gets a few games in. Spurs & Mavs were able to beat Bran because they could exploit his lack of shooting ability but he's a more consistent shooter now, he has his spots and he knows when to pick them. It doesn't need to be fun to watch because winning is all that matters.

Lebron is so efficient at finishing inside that the defense will collapse on him and he'll find the open guy or he'll kick it out and the ball will find the open man on the perimeter, it's good enough to beat any team in the league and they have the depth to continue their current RS production.

GS is better and there's nothing the Cavs can do about it. They can definitely be within striking distance but it's up to Lebron to make the right plays in the 4th quarter. Last year he passed up the clutch shots when his team was up in Game 3 and had a dagger drilled in his face, maybe this year he can do better.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
G0ATbe
LLLLLLebron

Their defense is the real issue. And there's only LeBron to blame for that
G0ATbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 AM   #7
Gileraracer
The triggerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0ATbe
Their defense is the real issue. And there's only LeBron to blame for that

I have never seen a transformation from an OK defender to a lousy defender in that short time span. Don't know what happened with him

That KD finals treatment was too much i guess
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
aj1987
MH!

The Cavs are 5th in PPG, while their pace ranks 16th in the league. Their ORtg is also 3rd in the league behind only the Rockets and Warriors. 4th in the league in FG% and 4th in 3pt%. 21st in 2pt FGA's, but they're 9th in 2pt FGM. 4th in 3pt attempts and 3rd in makes.

Shit offense though...
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #9
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

The last issue they have is offense, which is going to improve even more with IT joining them. Defense on the other hand is bad, and it's going to get even worse with that hobbit joining them.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #10
tpols
we already won

Ther offense should be great... people are forgetting how many cheap calls IT gets, plus fact that Love and Bron get calls all day for contact they initiate. That right there gives them a big advantage in the playoffs because they will get jumpstarts from the stripe every game and have opposing teams in foul trouble.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Ther offense should be great... people are forgetting how many cheap calls IT gets, plus fact that Love and Bron get calls all day for contact they initiate. That right there gives them a big advantage in the playoffs because they will get jumpstarts from the stripe every game and have opposing teams in foul trouble.
Do you ever watch the game or do you just talk out of your ass? LeBron is #1 in MPG, #1 in shots at the rim, #1 in FG, and #5 in FGA, but he's only #10 in FTA. 50 year old chucking Kobe was getting nearly the same amount of FT's as LeBron is getting right now. Lou Wiilliams get the same number of FT's as LeBron and he takes 70% of his shots outside 10ft.

Love legit deserves most of the calls he gets as well.

Last edited by aj1987 : 01-03-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #12
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Do you ever watch the game or do you just talk out of your ass? LeBron is #1 in MPG, #1 in shots at the rim, #1 in FG, and #5 in FGA, but he's only #10 in FTA. 50 year old chucking Kobe was getting nearly the same amount of FT's as LeBron is getting right now. Lou Wiilliams get the same number of FT's as LeBron and he takes 70% of his shots outside 10ft.

Love legit deserves most of the calls he gets as well.

You ask me if i watch games and then quote a bunch of stats.

The problem is..i do watch the games. The bulldozing and stiff arming of defenders in proper position (and who are entitled to their space per rulebook) has still been going on big time. And i forgot about D-whistle.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #13
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
You ask me if i watch games and then quote a bunch of stats.
You want me to a compilation of every single foul?

Quote:
The problem is..i do watch the games. The bulldozing and stiff arming of defenders in proper position (and who are entitled to their space per rulebook) has still been going on big time. And i forgot about D-whistle.
Lou Williams is getting more FT's than LeBron.

Wade, per 100 possessions, is averaging 6 FT's a game.

I bet you'd have an aneurysm, if Wade and LeBron were getting FT's every time they were actually hit.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #14
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
You want me to a compilation of every single foul?

Lou Williams is getting more FT's than LeBron.

Wade, per 100 possessions, is averaging 6 FT's a game.

I bet you'd have an aneurysm, if Wade and LeBron were getting FT's every time they were actually hit.

If they got an offensive foul everytime they hit somebody else they wouldnt even be in the game. (old wade to a lesser extent) Thats why you guys cant really cry for more calls...you know if they called it fair both ways the offensive fouls would outnumber the defensive ones.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #15
Gileraracer
The triggerer

Every second move by Lebron is an offensive foul.

But he got the special treatment since the day he entered the league because the commissioners realized that he would struggle to average 20 otherwise.
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: