Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 06-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default San Antonio vs Cleveland

Game one and so far the Spurs are making toast out of King James. I often root for the underdog, but just who is the underdog in this situation?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #2
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Default Re: San Antonio vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Game one and so far the Spurs are making toast out of King James. I often root for the underdog, but just who is the underdog in this situation?

Cleveland. The Spurs have won 3 championships since '99.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Spurs win game 1 85-76. I think the Spurs just have too much fire power for the Cavs. I say Spurs in 4, maybe 5.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

I am hoping and praying that the Cavs win. Because the dirty Spurs don't deserve it. How LBJ can come down and get slapped and tackled while going for a layup and it be a no call and then the Spurs come back down the floor and Varejo (which i know I spelled wrong) fouls Duncan when Duncan is shoving Varejo as much as he is shoving Duncan off the ball. I think the next time Bowen guards someone other than lebron Mike Brown tells them to break his jaw with an elbow. Then everyone wins. I wish someone would end that little bastards career
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

As much as I want the Cavs to win, they probably wont. I hate the Spurs. No one understands why they're boring. Here's why: Tim Duncan has no personality at all. He's unmarketable. Tony Parker's only bright spot is that he's marrying Eva Longoria, aside from that, no one cares about him. Bruce Bowen is a dirty cheater. Manu is a flopper. And Gregg Popovich is a crater-faced rock.

LeBron James is exciting to watch. Over-hyped at times, yes. But he's fun to watch. Then there's Varejao with the hair. Big Z who's...Big Z. Daniel Gibson who is also fun to watch.

It's not fair really.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

For me, perhaps because Tim Duncan is low-key is the reason why I am interested in his accomplishments in the league over the past ten years. Lots of these guys who are fabulous players have egos as big as some area codes so I'd rather see their egos deflated than further inflated. Just my bias, I guess. (LeBron doesn't seem to be overly self-important so yes he is fun to watch in amazement).

And yes it would be nice if the Cavs won because the Spurs have been there three times and that's getting a bit redundant.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Tim Duncan is the best power forward of all time. He is boring, but thats why they call him the big fundamental. After Duncans career is over he may go down as an even better big man than Shaquille O Neal.

Hes going to win his 4th title this year, and I see atleast 1 more before he retires.

Hes been All NBA first team every season he has been in the league if Im not mistaken. 2 time league MVP. 3 titles thus far with 3 finals MVP's along with multiple all defensive teams. His stat line is incredible.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Any predictions for tonight's game?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
Feltonian
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Any predictions for tonight's game?

Spurs by 10. Cleveland will take one, maybe two, at home.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltonian
Spurs by 10.

Pretty close. LeBron must be feeling so demoralized.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #11
gherbeen.24
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Lebron take charge!

spurs is too powerful for the fresh cleveland, i agree that lebron is a phenomenal player, but he has not proven it yet in the finals, he was guarded well by one of the greatest, dirtiest and smartest defensive player in the nba right now. But cmon, his name is lebron james, his now in the biggest stage of the basketball world, the nba finals, the whole world is watching, and all eyes are focus on this 22 yrs old, and a 4 yrs. young player that was called as king james or the chosen one, this is a big chance for him to show what he is made of, superstar players should know in what time they need to take charge on the situation, for now, its king james time to show the spurs what he got. he needs to show that like jordan and even kobe, if he wants to score. no one were born to stop him!
gherbeen.24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

LeBron needs to be supported by the rest of his team so that he can set up and take his shots; he can't do it all alone. Maybe against the rest of the Eastern conference teams he was able to call the shots, so-to-speak, and be the star but the Western players are just so much more experienced that of course LeBron has been overwhelmed. Lets see what the Cavs can do at home, though. Their fourth quarter run in last night's game shows that they still have power and desire to win and with their home court and fans that should help some. (Even though, I don't think that it will help enough to lift the Cavs to the title--SA is just too strong).
Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
liverpooty
Local High School Star

You cannot win an NBA championship with only one all-star caliber player on your team. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq. If Cleveland had someone on their roster with half the talent Lebron has it would be very interesting, someone like say a Shawn Marion or just anyone who could keep the Spurs from playing 5 on 1. Have you guys seen the way the Spurs react when Lebron catches the ball? If hes on the perimeter Bowen will stay on him 1 on 1, but as soon as he even looks at the floor getting ready to drive that defense surrounds him. Lebron has no one else, and its actually kind of sad when Daniel Gibson is your go to guy other than Lebron. The mere fact that team made the finals when Chicago, Detroit ( no idea how they beat the pistons ) and possibly even Miami are better teams is beyond me, and that in itself proves how phenomenol Lebron is.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #14
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Talking Re: San Antonio vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
You cannot win an NBA championship with only one all-star caliber player on your team. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq. If Cleveland had someone on their roster with half the talent Lebron has it would be very interesting, someone like say a Shawn Marion or just anyone who could keep the Spurs from playing 5 on 1. Have you guys seen the way the Spurs react when Lebron catches the ball? If hes on the perimeter Bowen will stay on him 1 on 1, but as soon as he even looks at the floor getting ready to drive that defense surrounds him. Lebron has no one else, and its actually kind of sad when Daniel Gibson is your go to guy other than Lebron. The mere fact that team made the finals when Chicago, Detroit ( no idea how they beat the pistons ) and possibly even Miami are better teams is beyond me, and that in itself proves how phenomenol Lebron is.

I actually think that the Bobcats would have fared better against the Spurs than the Cavs are doing. Not that the Cats would beat the Spurs, but SA would sure get a run for their money!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #15
liverpooty
Local High School Star

maybe if they spotted us 20 pts in the 4th quarter.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: