Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Mike Conley for Spanish Chocalate?

Sergio Rodriguez
Next Years 1st Rounder

for

Mike Conley Jr.

I don't know about you... but if I'm Atlanta I make that trade. Sergio is damn good. Plus a first rounder next year, probably a lottery pick.

Last edited by final.wrath : 06-08-2007 at 01:50 AM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 AM   #2
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation
Default Re: Mike Conley for Spanish Chocalate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Sergio Rodriguez
Next Years 1st Rounder (top 5 protected)

for

Mike Conley Jr.

I don't know about you... but if I'm Atlanta I make that trade. Sergio is damn good. Plus a first rounder next year, probably a lottery pick.

i dont do that is im atlanta, conley is much better and top 5 protected is nothing great.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
i dont do that is im atlanta, conley is much better and top 5 protected is nothing great.

you're right no top 5. i just think sergio is as good as conley probably better at this point.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 AM   #4
Mojo Picon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mojo Picon has an OK reputation so far

I think Sergio Rodriguez is among top 3 PG of the last draft... Hope McMillan (dumb*ss) will give him a chance next year!
Mojo Picon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #5
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Picon
I think Sergio Rodriguez is among top 3 PG of the last draft... Hope McMillan (dumb*ss) will give him a chance next year!

McMillan is one of the best coaches in the league. Sergio is an average defender and can play very erratic. Jarret "CP3 stopper" Jack is the better player at this point of their careers. I really enjoy McMillan's coaching style and substitution patterns.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Where are you from?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Last year wasn't a great draft year for point guards. You have Marcus Williams, touted to be the best PG in the draft go at 22. Then there's no really other big names. Rondo, Sergio, Farmar, and my personal favorite Kyle Lowry. It wasn't a big point guard year so being the 3rd best really doesn't mean much.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:57 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Last year wasn't a great draft year for point guards. You have Marcus Williams, touted to be the best PG in the draft go at 22. Then there's no really other big names. Rondo, Sergio, Farmar, and my personal favorite Kyle Lowry. It wasn't a big point guard year so being the 3rd best really doesn't mean much.
Judging by his username (Mojo Picon) it's possible he's a huge Sergio homer, so don't take him seriously.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #9
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

I think Sergio is a carbon copy of Steve Nash. Anyone who has watched him play would see that. He always gets the ball to an open shooter, and can shoot from anywhere on the court. He just needs time to get better at defense.

I don't know though. I don't know anything about Conley.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #10
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Where are you from?

Sergio has a European championship from playing for Spain. Their star point guard. I'm sure you didn't know that.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:12 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Sergio has a European championship from playing for Spain. Their star point guard. I'm sure you didn't know that.
lol
Check my location
He wasn't even the starter (Caldern)
Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #12
Mojo Picon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mojo Picon has an OK reputation so far

Ok ok... Im from Spain and I like Sergio, but im not a "a huge Sergio homer". Im just saying he made 3.7 PPG and 3.3 APG in 12.9 MPG, and most important, Portland played better when he was on the court. And he is only 20 years old!

I think he deserves more attention IMO...
Mojo Picon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Ok ok... Im from Spain and I like Sergio, but im not a "a huge Sergio homer". Im just saying he made 3.7 PPG and 3.3 APG in 12.9 MPG, and most important, Portland played better when he was on the court. And he is only 20 years old!

I think he deserves more attention IMO...
He needs to improve on D before getting more minutes. Once done he'll get plenty of playing time, as he's much better than Jack on offense.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #14
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far

Wohoo! three straight Spanish posts. First and maybe last time ever on ISH.

Seriously now, Sergio should still be playing in Europe, I don't think sitting on the bench in Portland is better than starting for a good European team. He should have gone the Calderon route (who I personally think was nowhere as good as Sergio at the same age).
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #15
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Atlanta is the place to go if the Blazers really want Conley. Jack is a GT alum, and they could help the Hawks with a center by S+Ting Magloire, or sending them Pryzbilla. They do have a 20-10 PF in Zack they can use too. I just don't think the Hawks have the contract to send back to take either of the two centers, or Randolf. If the Blazers could get Conley, and lop off a bad contract or two in Randolf or Pryzbilla by taking back a shorter deal, that would look like robbery long term, even if those bigs could help Atlanta in the near future.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: