Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Trade Ely to Lakers For??????

what you want to get back if you guys want to trade Ely to to the Lakers????
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

what do you have that's worth getting?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
what do you have that's worth getting?

cook, mihm, sasha, mckie(expiring contract)
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

Mckie's expiring contract may mean something to Bickerstaff, but there's no way he'd actually suit up for a young team. Did he even play last year?

Mihm is a great scorer for the first two quarters of every third or fourth game. The rest of the time he's garbage. I wouldn't give Ely up for him. I've never paid much attention to Cook.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Cook would probably be decent off the bench for us but we're loaded at PF and C right now so we don't really need him or Mihm...hey that rhymed...anywho, McKie would be a great leader for our young squad but unless LA adds a draft pick with Mckie I don't see Ely going to you guys, sorry.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Cook would probably be decent off the bench for us but we're loaded at PF and C right now so we don't really need him or Mihm...hey that rhymed...anywho, McKie would be a great leader for our young squad but unless LA adds a draft pick with Mckie I don't see Ely going to you guys, sorry.

I agree... it makes no sense for the Bobcats at this point.. although i'd love to see Ely a Laker..! :)
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Nets need him more and want him more then the lakers. But not sure what you guys would want. Maybe Zoran and Mccinis?
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

no way, who else you got that you're willing to give up
Old 07-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #9
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

The Nets do need some bulk.

Give us both next year's picks and a bag of Cllff Robinson's weed.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Ely still seems like backup material, not starter material
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

What about Mihm, future first round pick, Sasha Vujacic, and Shammond Williams for Brevin Knight and Melvin Ely? We aren't that good at drafting the late 20's, so how bout u take our pick and draft another piece of your puzzle? We signed Shammond for a pretty low price, the minimum i believe, and he could be your veteran backup PG, and Vujacic is a 2 guard, something you don't have yet. Mihm would give you solid contributions in your rotation, and could start for you or maybe even come off the bench with May. We would get an unselfish PG who also plays defense, and a rebounder who could give us 10 and 5. What do you think? McKie's contract included if you would like.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: