Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-08-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default i just cant even look at the spurs

ya know i used to respect them, especially duncan, never ginobili, but after our series against them, and now, i just cant even look at the tv screen if theyre playing for fear of just gettin so pissed off!!! is it just me or does ginobili toss his body around like a lil flamin F*G and try to get every guy to touch him and then get a foul called every time? is it just me or when watchin replays does bowen purposely kick at amares legs or purposely knee nash in the balls? (everyone who knows bball and watched the replay of bowen kneeing nash knows that when youre in a triple threat position like that, that that knee was not necessary at all) is it just me or does all five players on the court for the spurs complain about every call!?!?? is it just me or does duncan get his way all the time??? i pride myself on being a realist when i watch games (i.e.-i am not the guy who thinks the suns never foul, i try to judge calls justly for both teams, any game) but the series against us just pushed me over the edge, i now hate the spurs more than kobe, wow i never used to get this emotional but i just really think we got screwed by a series of unfortunate events in the semis. also, for all you about to debate me, raja and kurt are both dirty players, ill admit that, most players in the nba that can get away with a flop will do it if they can, heck ill even concede that tho it is a cheap and unadmirable way to win it works and is an advantage, but for some reason the spurs just take their cheap and dirty play to another level, it seems that when they do it, it just makes me more mad than any other team doin it cuz the get away with it and theyre so DAMN GIRLY ABOUT IT!!!! mike finley is the only guy i respect on that team anymore, gimme your thoughts people i feel sick just talkin bout it.....
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: i just cant even look at the spurs

lol get over it. you're team lost and they suck
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board
Default Grins

I can't look at the Suns or their fans without laughing.

They were never as good as their homers thought, nor would have they beaten the Spurs with a full deck.

Deal with it!
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

they ARE a good team... it's just the way they play... it's so boring... NBA is entertainment... TD Parker and Manu get their fat salary from the fans... if San Antonio fans feel Spurs play exciting basketball then they've seen nothing yet... Run and Gun still... way more entertaining... that's why i LOVE the Suns!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they ARE a good team... it's just the way they play... it's so boring... NBA is entertainment... TD Parker and Manu get their fat salary from the fans... if San Antonio fans feel Spurs play exciting basketball then they've seen nothing yet... Run and Gun still... way more entertaining... that's why i LOVE the Suns!

Unfortunately Im sure San Antonio isn't concerned with grabbing fans all over the nation or entertaining the masses. The NBA is entertainment for the fans, but its business for the players/coaches/owners. San Antonio is apparently in the business of winning championships. They ARE a GREAT team. "Exciting" does not necessarily equal championships. That being said, I think San Antonio fans are more excited and more entertained by watching their team win than their teamr team run and gun and exit the playoffs early. Maybe one day the Suns will win a championship run and gun style and you can have the best of both worlds. Until then you have to pick one. Furthermore, I'm sure that if D'Antoni decided to change his entire strategy and play more of a half-court game and Phoenix began winning championships then you might change your tune.

Im a Mavs fan so it pains me to see San Antonio in the Finals too. But don't undermine 4 (possible) championships in 9 years

Last edited by BigAl : 06-11-2007 at 10:41 AM.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
timmyD
I hit open layups

timmyD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
ya know i used to respect them, especially duncan, never ginobili, but after our series against them, and now, i just cant even look at the tv screen if theyre playing for fear of just gettin so pissed off!!! is it just me or does ginobili toss his body around like a lil flamin F*G and try to get every guy to touch him and then get a foul called every time? is it just me or when watchin replays does bowen purposely kick at amares legs or purposely knee nash in the balls? (everyone who knows bball and watched the replay of bowen kneeing nash knows that when youre in a triple threat position like that, that that knee was not necessary at all) is it just me or does all five players on the court for the spurs complain about every call!?!?? is it just me or does duncan get his way all the time??? i pride myself on being a realist when i watch games (i.e.-i am not the guy who thinks the suns never foul, i try to judge calls justly for both teams, any game) but the series against us just pushed me over the edge, i now hate the spurs more than kobe, wow i never used to get this emotional but i just really think we got screwed by a series of unfortunate events in the semis. also, for all you about to debate me, raja and kurt are both dirty players, ill admit that, most players in the nba that can get away with a flop will do it if they can, heck ill even concede that tho it is a cheap and unadmirable way to win it works and is an advantage, but for some reason the spurs just take their cheap and dirty play to another level, it seems that when they do it, it just makes me more mad than any other team doin it cuz the get away with it and theyre so DAMN GIRLY ABOUT IT!!!! mike finley is the only guy i respect on that team anymore, gimme your thoughts people i feel sick just talkin bout it.....

u got raja bell on your team and espn has him ranked higher the the all time top 10 floppers list. *****. nash tossed his bodyu around liek a rag doll too to get fouls. **** your mentally weak ***** ass team.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Lightbulb Re: i just cant even look at the spurs

Quote:

I'm a BIG suns fan, but this is ridiculous. Even if we had Diaw and Stoudemire for every game we still would have lost in 7. Stop making excuses. San Antanio was the better team. It's fans like you that make Suns fans look bad.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #8
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

yeah you must be a suns fan, sounds like youre cheerin for the spurs, go on youtube and watch bowen swiping at amares feet, theyre CHEAP AND DIRTY!!!!!!! 90% of the team will do what they can get away with and that pisses me off!!!!! HOW DOES THAT NOT PISS YOU OFF?!?!?!? IF YOURE SUCH A SUNS FAN, HOW ARE NOT PISSED RIGHT NOW?!?!??!?! sometimes the spurs are the better team im a realist ill admit that, but when events that occur like the ones that did in this series (on the part of the spurs) how do you not as a fan of the NBA in general take a step back and say "wow this stuff had an effect on the outcome of the series" would you be saying the spurs were the better team if they won the series without all these events happening? YES!!! you would and so would i!!!!!!! cuz thats the truth, i know it, and every smart person that knows what theyre talkin bout does too, but that was not the case, they won on dirty technicalitites and it pisses me off, theyre the biggest whiners in the league, theyll be the champs again and i cant stand it, i would not have a problem if they won it and the series against the suns was a regular series but it wasnt, phoenix should be the one team beatin on lebron and the cavs, dont gimme that crap about "this makes suns fans look bad" ive already admitted we have dirty players too and some of the same characteristics as the spurs just like every team in the NBA, but the spurs are simply the best at whining, complaining, flopping, playing dirty, and getting their way...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
yeah you must be a suns fan, sounds like youre cheerin for the spurs, go on youtube and watch bowen swiping at amares feet, theyre CHEAP AND DIRTY!!!!!!! 90% of the team will do what they can get away with and that pisses me off!!!!! HOW DOES THAT NOT PISS YOU OFF?!?!?!? IF YOURE SUCH A SUNS FAN, HOW ARE NOT PISSED RIGHT NOW?!?!??!?! sometimes the spurs are the better team im a realist ill admit that, but when events that occur like the ones that did in this series (on the part of the spurs) how do you not as a fan of the NBA in general take a step back and say "wow this stuff had an effect on the outcome of the series" would you be saying the spurs were the better team if they won the series without all these events happening? YES!!! you would and so would i!!!!!!! cuz thats the truth, i know it, and every smart person that knows what theyre talkin bout does too, but that was not the case, they won on dirty technicalitites and it pisses me off, theyre the biggest whiners in the league, theyll be the champs again and i cant stand it, i would not have a problem if they won it and the series against the suns was a regular series but it wasnt, phoenix should be the one team beatin on lebron and the cavs, dont gimme that crap about "this makes suns fans look bad" ive already admitted we have dirty players too and some of the same characteristics as the spurs just like every team in the NBA, but the spurs are simply the best at whining, complaining, flopping, playing dirty, and getting their way...

They didn't "win" because of dirty tactics. The Horry play and the Bowen
play(s) were not the factor in this series. You need to look at the big picture.

He isn't mad right now because he knows that a series win isn't determined by a few calls or a few plays. Im sure the amount of plays (scores and stops) that Phoenix failed to execute down the stretch of all 4 losses outweigh the few "dirty" plays by 10 to 1.

Stop focusing on a few plays (dirty or not) to give you excuses for the entire series.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

thats funny cuz one dirty play lead to two players being suspended for a game, but amare and boris arent big factors so that must not be a factor huh?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
u got raja bell on your team and espn has him ranked higher the the all time top 10 floppers list. *****. nash tossed his bodyu around liek a rag doll too to get fouls. **** your mentally weak ***** ass team.
Spurs took a lot of cheap shots at Nash...They knew what it would take to beat the Suns...they had to play dirty and go after Nash. Nash is the only MVP in league history to not get any favorable calls for him. He never can catch a break he get hammered on the majority of the plays and the refs swallow their whistles and don't call any fouls. The NBA would of never let this happen to Jordan, Magic, Bird, or any of the other MVP... Nash is a 2 time MVP (should of been 3 time) and still can't get any respect.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #12
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

good call jimmyjames, im in complete agreement, and he for sure doesnt get the kinda calls dwayne wade does nowadays
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
thats funny cuz one dirty play lead to two players being suspended for a game, but amare and boris arent big factors so that must not be a factor huh?

Yes but the dirty play didn't cause the 2 Suns to be suspended. Its not Horry's fault that Stoudamire and Diaw jumped off the bench and ran onto the court breaking a rule that holds a minimum penalty of a 1-game suspension.

Stop displacing responsibility. Horry got his and so did Stoudamire and Diaw. All 3 broke the rules. So whats your excuse for the other 3 losses the Suns had in that series?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames
Spurs took a lot of cheap shots at Nash...They knew what it would take to beat the Suns...they had to play dirty and go after Nash. Nash is the only MVP in league history to not get any favorable calls for him. He never can catch a break he get hammered on the majority of the plays and the refs swallow their whistles and don't call any fouls. The NBA would of never let this happen to Jordan, Magic, Bird, or any of the other MVP... Nash is a 2 time MVP (should of been 3 time) and still can't get any respect.

Can't argue that the Spurs took cheap shots at Nash. Answer me this though. Why wouldn't they? When Jordan was playing the Pistons or Knicks they would purposely hammer him all the time to try and throw him out of whack. What do all coaches tell their players to do when someone is killing them on driving to the paint? They tell them to hard foul them (it acts as a deterrent). Now if you call this style of play, "dirty", then you are not watching the same NBA I am because EVERY team does it. Every guard that has free reign to get in the paint will eventually get hard fouled (if the defending team is doing their job). One of the major complaints of the finals was that no Cav put a body on Parker when he would get inside. Its come to be expected!! MVP or not no defender is going to avoid contact to give Nash a free lane to do what he wants.

The fact that you believe Nash doesn't get calls is between you and the refs. Has nothing to do with the Spurs. At the end of the day, blaming games on the refs is kind of weak though. You mention that Wade gets a lot of calls so Nash should also. There in lies the problem. The problem isn't that Nash isn't getting enough calls, its that Wade is getting too many. I would much rather have a league in which there were less fouls called then one that assured all superstars drew 10 a game (resulting in 16-20 free throws). Before you throw out the "if its a foul, they should call a foul, regardless of if they are a superstar or not" idea, really think about it. Do you really want this league to be less physical and more ticky-tack?

Would you rather watch a football game where the team on offense drives the length of the field and scores (via run plays, pass plays, options etc.), or a game where they drive the length of the field because of 6-7 offsides calls on the defense?

Last edited by BigAl : 06-18-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Grins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
I can't look at the Suns or their fans without laughing.

They were never as good as their homers thought, nor would have they beaten the Spurs with a full deck.

Deal with it!

ur a ****ing douche bag
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: