Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #61
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The official TP for MVP campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Duncan had 1 good game in the 05 finals and somehow got it over Manu. No way he doesn't get it this year as well

Manu deserved that too
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #62
The Ghost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Ghost has an OK reputation so far

If Duncan doesn't get it, I'll stop watching the NBA.
The Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #63
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Chuck Thou NBA has decent reputationChuck Thou NBA has decent reputation

Frabicio Oberto should win it. Or Bruce Bowen. : No Tony Parker has my vote.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #64
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

I rather want Tim Duncan to get the Final MVP. No wait....I changed my mind.

Michael Finley

LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #65
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Manu v. TD in 2005:

Tim Duncan 20.6 pts, .419 14.10rpg 2.1apg .43spg 2.14bpg 2.43to
Manu Ginobili 18.7 pts, .494 5.90rpg 4.0apg 1.29spg .14bpg 3.29to

So why did Manu deserve it? Timmy scored more, rebounded (3X) and blocked (20x) a ton more...while Manu did shoot alot better, he did pass (2x) and steals (3x) only slightly better. Tim's 4 cats 2 of which dominantly better > than Manu's 3 cats, 2 of which were only slighlty better.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #66
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Manu v. TD in 2005:

Tim Duncan 20.6 pts, .419 14.10rpg 2.1apg .43spg 2.14bpg 2.43to
Manu Ginobili 18.7 pts, .494 5.90rpg 4.0apg 1.29spg .14bpg 3.29to

So why did Manu deserve it? Timmy scored more, rebounded (3X) and blocked (20x) a ton more...while Manu did shoot alot better, he did pass (2x) and steals (3x) only slightly better. Tim's 4 cats 2 of which dominantly better > than Manu's 3 cats, 2 of which were only slighlty better.

Exactly. And people conveniently leave out Duncan's impact on DEFENSE which >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else on the team.

What, that doesn't count or something?
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #67
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i like the idea of parker getting the recognition because he's been so unstoppable (kind of like manu was against detroit in 05), but imo it's still really not that close. tim's still does more to help the team on both sides of the ball.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #68
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i like the idea of parker getting the recognition because he's been so unstoppable (kind of like manu was against detroit in 05), but imo it's still really not that close. tim's still does more to help the team on both sides of the ball.
Unfortunately, much of the bball fan population has started to completely ignore defense while evaluating what makes a player worthy of an MVP trophy (witness Nash and Nowitzki's regular-season awards), so the door has been opened for Parker by really stupid analysis.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #69
ak47smohawk
I brick open layups

ak47smohawk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
Exactly. And people conveniently leave out Duncan's impact on DEFENSE which >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone else on the team.

What, that doesn't count or something?

Anybody that thinks Parker deserves it is just watching half the game. When the Jazz played the Spurs, Parker scored like crazy, but so did Deron. It insanely obvious that the reason the spurs are so good on defense is not because of Parker.
ak47smohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #70
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost
If Duncan doesn't get it, I'll stop watching the NBA.
Same here. If Duncan only averaged 17 ppg but played the same defensively as he does now, I'd still give it to him. He is the force that makes or breaks the Spurs, there are no two ways about it.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #71
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Same here. If Duncan only averaged 17 ppg but played the same defensively as he does now, I'd still give it to him. He is the force that makes or breaks the Spurs, there are no two ways about it.

Anyone who disagrees should immediately never be taken seriously again, as far as their basketball knowledge is concerned.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #72
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I don't think anyone will disagree with the notion that Duncan is much more valuable than Parker. That's obvious to everyone.
As a thread starter however I must defend my position here. It's sheer bias. That's the reason why I want Parker to win it. Not because it's fair. I know it wouldn't be fair. Simply because it would be cool, new and well yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Duncan lol. I see his greatness, quite easily, but Parker winning would definitely be cool.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #73
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Parker is playing more spectacular than Duncan, and way above his standard. Duncan is playing below his own standard, which he set with series like the one against Dallas last year, where he averaged 33/12. As soon as he is not playing up to this level, he somehow gets disregarded
Brunch@Five is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #74
WeJustNeedaRing
I brick open layups

WeJustNeedaRing has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who gets Finals MVP???

parker is having his way with the cavs. he should get it most likely
WeJustNeedaRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #75
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Finals Mvp Watch

Game 4:

T. Duncan shot like crap again 4-15 for 12 pts, but otherwise was dominant with 15boards, 3co-led the team in assists, and led the team with 2blocks and 2steals (including picking LBJ's pocket on the perimter with under a minute to go)

T. Parker had a great shooting game going 10-14 for 24points, had 7 reb, 1 ass, 0 steals and 0 blocks

M. Ginobili had his best game of the series going 8-19 for 27 points (including every clutch play) 5 rebounds and co-led in assists with 3 and 1 steal

Since scoring is soooo important, this one was more manu's game than anyone else, 2nd to Tim and finally, to Parker.
--------------------------------------
For the series...

Duncan averaged:
18.3 points on 44% shooting to go along with 11.5boards, 3.8 assists, 1.25steals and 2.25blocks and 2.75tos

Parker averaged:
24.5 points on 56% shooting, 5reb, 3.3 ass, .75steals .00blks and 3.00to's

Looks like a Duncan MVP in a walk.
------------------------------------------

...and when people ask, why didn't Duncan win more mVP's in his career if he was os great -- the answer is simply put in these finals. He didn't score enough. He only averaged 20ppg this year, he needed ot be at 25 to win the MVP.

all the defense, leadership, rebounding, game control (from the front-court) in meanignless, unless you score more...as proven by the presentation of the series MVP - who did nothing but score.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: