Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Just to make it clear I think all 3 of the Cavs shooting gaurds suck, the only difference is Hughes is getting paid big money to suck ass.

i think your wrong dude. Shannon Brown hasn't even had a chance to play for the cav's yet and he already sucks to you. And Hughes doesn't suck either, he just had an off year with injuries and such.

"Why not trade Hughes and Big Z for Stromile Swift?"

I'm actually a big fan of stromile swift. But i would only trade hughes for him. Not both. And if i traded Z I'd want a pic or 2 with it.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #17
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Sorry forgot about Shannon Brown, that guy is a stud.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #18
TheBigAristotle1

Also I think you might have to package a quality player to get rid of Hughes, unfortunately.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #19
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

an allstar center and sub-all star 2 guard for.. MIKE JAMES

Please give me a break
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #20
InLebronWeTrust

Yeah i think we would do if we wanted to trade him right now. I think he'll prove himself next season then his trade value will certainly go up.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #21
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
an allstar center and sub-all star 2 guard for.. MIKE JAMES

Please give me a break

Well I would trade both for Stro and draft picks. And the sign Mike James as a free agent.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #22
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

that trade def. cant work. i think hughes and Z prolly make something like 18-22 mil next year. I know stro prolly makes like 1/4 of that.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #23
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

It was a horrible signing then, and it's a pathetically horrible signing now.

Lebron needs to be surrounded by shooters and atheletic bigmen. The Cavs aren't building properly.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #24
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
It was a horrible signing then, and it's a pathetically horrible signing now.

Lebron needs to be surrounded by shooters and atheletic bigmen. The Cavs aren't building properly.
The really horrible moves last offseason were signing Z and bringing in Damon Jones. Like I said, with a PG that can actually be a threat from outside, I think LH could still work. Z and Jones make entirely too much money... especially Z. He will never fit with this team. I wish we could find someone who wants him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #25
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

In hindsight I would have worked out a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. I would've happily given up Gooden and Z for JJ.

A 2006/07 team of:
CT: Varejao
PF: Marshall
SF: LJames
SG: Johnson
PG: MJames

Money. Sign Mike James for the MLE. Very very sick team.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brown was a solid pickup, he should pan out as long as there's not too much presure on him to start.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #27
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
In hindsight I would have worked out a sign and trade for Joe Johnson. I would've happily given up Gooden and Z for JJ.

A 2006/07 team of:
CT: Varejao
PF: Marshall
SF: LJames
SG: Johnson
PG: MJames

Money. Sign Mike James for the MLE. Very very sick team.

That would be a sick team indeed. But that's way too many shooters on a team. That's a starting lineup wiht like 4 40% (or really close) 3 pt shooters on the starting lineup.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #28
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Atlanta gets

Damon Jones

Cleveland gets

Ty Lue

Claxton and Lue are similar players - small and quick. Jones fills the need for a bigger guard, and a better shooter. Plus Jones can play some minutes at shooting guard as well, which adds some depth to the Hawks roster.

Snow is the halfcourt point guard for Cleveland, but they don't have a guy who can come in off the bench and push the tempo. Lue can do that for Cleveland.

The only problem is the judge's ruling on no contracts being traded to the Hawks until the ownership issue is resolved.
Both have similar salaries.

Last edited by hawkfan : 07-07-2006 at 11:48 PM.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #29
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Dont know why either. Hughes doesn't fit with Lebron and Cavs actually play better w/out Hughes. THey need a pure shooter. Damon Jones is weak, the guy is a mini-antoine walker. Maybe worse.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 AM   #30
InLebronWeTrust

Id be cool with the lue for jones trade. I think that would be awesome but yeah who knows. Jones really isn't getting paid like that much. 4 mil a year. overpriced but its not like terrible.
By the way .. they dont play better w/o hughes. they play better w/o an unhealthy hughes. U guys just watch hell be awesome next season.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: