Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: San Antonio/Cleveland 7.9 rating lowest ever for a NBA Finals Game 1

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44129

This poor rating was going to happen no matter who was in the Finals. the abovethread discusses the reasons why...

basically, ABC/ESPN have completely blown the NBA package. They do not show enough games on National TV (besides Christmas, they don't start until the end of Jan), they show the wrong games on National TV (We all know that the Spurs will play big games - so why were they on 3 times) and they did not show the EXCELLENT Semis on broadcast, only on cable...why? Had Game 5 of Cleve-Det been on ABC, they'd have a bigger rating for the finals.

They also scheduled it horribly - giving everyone a full week to lose interest, without using that week to promote it. The strength of these entire playoffs was LeB's Game 5. You want these finals to start ASAP after that -- clearly its impossible to know that in advance, but you know that late games in a series are generally good ones, filled with drama and emotion. Broadcast them, and then roll that emotion viewers are watching directly into the finals.

They did not show any ads on broadcast, they did not have NBA celebs taking about the finals on the talk shows....like y'know how we all knew that Pirates 3 was coming out. Didn't matter if it was any good (everyone said it wasn't) - we all knew, because they - the stars director whomever - were on every talk-show show, the ads never stopped, the tie-ins were over-whelming. Of course it was going to have a hge audience, because we all knew it was coming - they even showed Pirates I on broadcast TV to get us ready.

Where was that for the NBA?

Of course the rating was poor. How could they possibly be good - when the NBA finals were like this carefully guarded secret held only by people watching ESPN.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: San Antonio/Cleveland 7.9 rating lowest ever for a NBA Finals Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I found it VERY exciting...Ginobili went between a dudes legs, Duncan was having his own Block Party(he made sure to give Lebron an invite), Tony Parker was ballin...Whats not to like

if only that were advertised before Game 1

CASUAL FANS Tune into the NBA Finals Game 1 on Thursday 9ET, and watch as The Big Fundamental Boring, the Frenchman with the hot fiancee, and the Argentinian Flopper try their best to pull an And1. oh and don't forget Lebron James the King
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #18
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Of course the rating was poor. How could they possibly be good - when the NBA finals were like this carefully guarded secret held only by people watching ESPN.

exactly. i was waiting for you to make an appearance in this thread lol.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's going to be worse Sunday as the Game goes up against the series finale of "The Sopranos"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Not enough bad things can be said about ABC/ESPN.

ESPN is the worst thing to ever happen to sports in this country. I hate that channel so much.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
if only that were advertised before Game 1
CASUAL FANS Tune into the NBA Finals Game 1 on Thursday 9ET, and watch as The Big Fundamental Boring, the Frenchman with the hot fiancee, and the Argentinian Flopper try their best to pull an And1. oh and don't forget Lebron James the King

Truth is that the advertising doesn't start before the Finals. Its gotta be THE ENTIRE season.

I don't watch Lost. I tried. It sucks. But I saw commericals and was able to sort of follow along without watching. So I sure as hell knew when new episodes were starting and I sure as hell knew when the finale was, and I sure as hell knew that it was going to be a BIG DEAL.

ABC NEVER showed an ad for Sunday games. NEVER. Another big secret they held (shhh don't tell anybody, there is a game on Sun). If they had, then they can build a story - even for people not watching "Watch Sunday as TD looks for revenge for last seasons semis v. Dirk" Watch Sunday as LeB takes on former ECC Pistons" EVEN if we don't watch, we know who is playing, there is a game and its a big deal.

Then...at the end of the season, casual fans will know - like a progrssive building of excitemnt over the 5 months season -- "Right LeB, Tim D, they play in big games, i heard that the last time i heard an ad - gotta watch that."
Old 06-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
SsKSpurs21

Starks are you a marketing major or have a marketing degree?
I am a marketing major and i must say you have some great ideas. you should really look into marketing if you are still in school.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #23
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
The only way the NBA rating will go up is if a certain someone gets to the finals because people love to love him and love to hate him. He is the most controversial player in the league and can start a debate between total strangers.

while I disagree that the mere presenceof kobe will get a rating - he must be recongized. Dude media-blitzed us...I know because my wife knew something with Kobe was happeneing somewhere on the radio. She instantly tunes out all NBA-related info - but this was covered too heavily, so she could not ignore.

Is this so hard - the semis/finals must be media-BLITZ. All day talk all day long. We gotta be sick of hearing about it...so we say "Man I'm sick of hearing about those stupid finals" "But you gonna watch?" "Sort of have to -- don't I"

Boom.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #24
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Not enough bad things can be said about ABC/ESPN.

ESPN is the worst thing to ever happen to sports in this country. I hate that channel so much.

I agree with you 110 percent. ESPN has turned into a total sideshow freak circus. Kenny Mayne is the only good thing they got going for them.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #25
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

Anyone who thought these Finals were going to get good ratings was being way too optimistic. It goes back to two things, the horrible TV deal with ESPN/ABC and the presence of guaranteed contracts. Both were the biggest culprits for the poor ratings last night.

1)ABC's production sucked (what were they thinking with that slow, swaying music going into commecial breaks????? NBC set roundball rock to the pace of a fastbreak. thats how you do it kids.)

2)The Cavs are extremely unappealing to watch. Can you imagine if they could knock off Hughes, Z, Snow and Damon Jones and use that cap space to sign actual good players around LeBron? The Cavs are 75 bad contracts and it shows. How do Hughes and Z both have MAX deals?? THEY SUCK!!! Eliminate guaranteed contracts and allow teams to retool for their fans and the TV viewers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I wrote a couple weeks ago:
Cap space is a joke. Due to inflated, guaranteed contracts it is noexistant for most teams. Majority of contracts are either a)extentions b)sign-and-trades -usually where a team is over the cap and sends players back in order to absorb the salary 3)MLE (can be used ever summer even if you're over the cap)

What a joke of a system. Nearly ever team is already over the cap each summer. And people wonder why its hard for teams to improve? The NBA's FA system doesn't allow for aggressive yearly team makeovers like the NFL, which keeps fans interested.

In the NFL the Redskins, for example, make a bunch of idiotic FA signings in 2001 (Dieon, Jeff George, Bruce Smith)...they are all busts and a year later they are cut.
Meanwhile in the L teams are STILL suffering for idiotic signings from 2001 like Chris Webber and the millions the Sixers are paying him. How about the 10 million cap figure the Knicks are paying Jerome Williams? Brian Grant, Finley, Alvin Williams.... i cannot emphasize this enough...I AM FUMING....can you IMAGINE if the Redskins were still paying Dieon Sanders and Jeff George RIGHT NOW? Well the equivilant is happening in the L. Combined with all the other idiotic Dan Snyder blunders, the Skins would have lost half their fans with a cap filled up by busts.

Why does the NBA get away with this? WHY DOES THE PLAYERS UNION GET AWAY WITH IT???

Billy Hunter and the players union are slime. They will do ANYTHING to put money in their pockets. They DO NOT have the best interests of the game at heart.

GUARANTEED CONTRACTS HAVE TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not believe just because it is the status quo that the current CBA is logical. Manouvering around the cap is impossible.

Imagine if theis were the NFL. The Hawks would cut Speedy Claxton. The Knicks would cut Jerome James, Malik Rose, and Steve Francis. The Suns would cut Boris Diaw and Marcus Banks instead of being forced to alter a great team by trading Marion. You could go on for ever damn team. The TWolves would cut Blount, James, and Hudson. The Blazers would cut Randolph and Miles. Denver would cut KMart. Detroit would cut Nazr Mouhammed. Indiana would cut half their roster. Boston would cut Sczerbiak and Ratlif.

How COOL would the L be if that were possible? Ever year would be more exciting and hold more promise.

The NFL has this luxury EVERY YEAR. Teams are drastically altered and reshaped and the result is a FAR more palatable product in the present and far more hope for fans in the future.

There are only two big problems in in the NBA. Every talking head has their theory for whats wrong with the L, its really simple. The retarded CBA, for starters. Second the television contract with ABC. That is also a bigger deal than people realize. How does the L think most people view their product? A game has 20,000 seats. Playoff games attract MILLIONS of viewers to each game. Millions of people have to be subjected to ABC's crap and how poorly they present the NBA product. You have to be a hardcore fan to watch ABC. Casual fans will be asleep in minutes.

ABC gives the NBA no respect, becasue they don't even want the NBA. ESPN creates and pays for all the broadcasts, becasuse the NBA does pretty well on caple during the week and ESPN wants it for programming. Thats fine and dandy, but any major successful sports league needs a quality over-the-air carrier. NBC was that carrier. They made a big deal out of the NBA and presented it with a leval of class that ESPN/ABC can only dream about.

ESPN is always about the peripheral stuff. They want to create news, the want to creat drama. They want to use bubblegum pop bands for the music (im getting angry now)

Watch an NBA on NBC vid on youtubre (there are lots). The presentation, the colors, the announcers. Bob Costas' intos were outstanding. He is the best videojournalist ever. They were cinematic. They make ABC look like a cable access channel covering a high school game.

ABC makes it seem like just another lazy day at Staples, ohhh there's Jack, will Lindsey Lohan be courtside today? Is Luke Walton dating Britney? Its sickening.

That makes a HUGE difference. If the L went back to NBC ratings would steadily increase, I guarantee it. But Stern wants Disney's money so his little band of owners can pay their guaranteed contracts.

NBA and NBC and Jordan make the L so popular in the 90s that idiots like Glenn Robinson want 50 million before they've played a minute in the NBA, and the newfound money that is coming fourth is MANIPULATED TO THE FULLEST by the players association to create INFLATED SALARIES. MJ retires, ratings slip, and now lo and behold NBC can't afford to pay all those absurd salaries.

So the rights go to Disney, who doesn't even care about the NBA, so they can pay for the contracts that are grossly overvalued. Who gets screwed? THE FANS. Thw kids who love basketball and make the L possible. That pisses me off to the fullest extent.

After this current CBA expires, there will be an ugly, ugly labor dispute. Its pretty much inevidable. Why? Because the system isn't fair and it never was fair, but the NBA could put up with it when Jordan was playing and its popularity was at an all-time high.

They can no longer afford it.

Last edited by TheBynumProject : 06-08-2007 at 03:19 PM.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
while I disagree that the mere presenceof kobe will get a rating - he must be recongized. Dude media-blitzed us...I know because my wife knew something with Kobe was happeneing somewhere on the radio. She instantly tunes out all NBA-related info - but this was covered too heavily, so she could not ignore.

Is this so hard - the semis/finals must be media-BLITZ. All day talk all day long. We gotta be sick of hearing about it...so we say "Man I'm sick of hearing about those stupid finals" "But you gonna watch?" "Sort of have to -- don't I"

Boom.
ABC, give this man a job.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #27
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Lowest ever? That can't be true. The '03 Finals between SA-NJ averaged a 6.5 for the entire series. There's no way Game 1 of that series did better than 7.9. SA-Detroit in '05 barely averaged over 8 for the series and that number was ridiculously pushed up by Game 7. Either way a 7.9 isn't good for the NBA. I think a lot of people last night turned off the game after LeBron(he's the only reason people are tuning in) got off to such a crappy start and the fact that it was such an ugly game only made matters worse.

I still say IF LeBron plays at a HIGH level the ratings should rival those of LA's championship years(which were quite solid). If he doesn't then the ratings should be no better than LA-NJ or Miami-Dallas last season.

Last edited by Indian guy : 06-08-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #28
TheBynumProject
Byonic

More concrete proof that ABC blows:

sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com
Disney bears the brunt of declining NBA ratings.

Ratings were down across the board for the NBA Playoffs. However, Disney networks ABC and ESPN saw the greatest year-to-date declines.

For the entire postseason, ABC fell 24%, including a 44% decline for coverage of two Western Conference Final games. ESPN fell 27%, incurring a 33% drop for its coverage of three Western Conference Final games. Both ESPN and ABC saw major viewer erosion during the postseason; both networks drew over a million fewer viewers than last year. For the playoffs, ABC somehow managed to average 4.2 million viewers -- down 21% from the 5.3 million viewers the network averaged for the playoffs last year, but still slightly respectable. ESPN averaged 2.8 million viewers, down 27% from an average of 3.9 million viewers last season. For the Conference Finals, the drop in total viewers was embarrassing; ABC fell 44% from an average of 8.2 million viewers in 2006 to an average of 4.5 million this year, while ESPN fell 31% from an average of 5.8 million viewers last year to 4.0 million this year.

ESPN2, which only aired one playoff game (the incredibly unappealing Game 3 between the Toronto Raptors and New Jersey Nets) saw year-to-date declines of 44% in ratings and 56% in total viewers.

TNT saw the smallest declines of any network, and the network can credit that to airing nine out of eleven games involving the Golden State Warriors, controversial games four and five of the Phoenix/San Antonio series and the entire Eastern Conference Finals -- which started slowly, but finished with very high ratings. Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals drew a 5.8 cable rating, making it the highest rated NBA game on cable of the past two years. Overall, TNT saw ratings decline by 12%, from a 3.1 cable rating to a 2.7. However, total viewers for TNT declined only 8%, from 3.6 to 3.3 million viewers. While TNT drew its lowest average rating ever for the Conference Finals (4.1 cable rating), that was down only 11% from a 4.6 cable rating last year, and total viewers was down just 9% -- from 5.5 million viewers in 2006 to 5.0 million viewers this year.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #29
TheBynumProject
Byonic

NBA Finals numbers game.

sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com

Overnight and final ratings for each game of the NBA Finals since 1996. Ratings for the 1996 and 1997 NBA Finals are incomplete. Also included is a list of the ten highest and lowest rated NBA Finals since 1976.

1996 (Bulls 4, Sonics 2, NBC)
Game 1: 18.8/31 overnight, 16.8 final rating.
Game 2: 15.4/27 overnight, 13.9/27 final rating.
Game 3: 16.8/28 overnight, N/A final rating.
Game 4: N/A overnight, 18.1 final rating.
Game 5: 18.8/34 overnight, N/A final rating.
Game 6: 21.1/37 overnight, 18.8/35 final rating.

1997 (Bulls 4, Jazz 2, NBC)
Game 1: 17.8 overnight, 15.8/28 final rating.
Game 2: N/A overnight, 15.1/27 final rating.
Game 3: 15.9 overnight, 14.2/27 final rating.
Game 4: N/A overnight, 16.9/30 final rating.
Game 5: N/A overnight, 20.1/35 final rating.
Game 6: 20.1/35 overnight, 18.5/35 final rating.

1998 (Bulls 4, Jazz 2, NBC)
Game 1: 18.8/31 overnight, 18.0/32 final rating.
Game 2: 17.7 overnight, 16.6/31 final rating.
Game 3: 16.8/28 overnight, 16.2/28 final rating.
Game 4: 20.2/33 overnight, 19.1/33 final rating.
Game 5: 20.6/36 overnight, 19.8/37 final rating.
Game 6: 22.9/36 overnight, 22.8/38 final rating.

1999 (Spurs 4, Knicks 1, NBC)
Game 1: 11.7/20 overnight, 11.5/21 final rating.
Game 2: 10.0/19 overnight, 9.6/19 final rating.
Game 3: 12.4/21 overnight, 12.1/21 final rating.
Game 4: 12.5/21 overnight, 12.0/22 final rating.
Game 5: 11.9/22 overnight, 11.0/22 final rating.

2000 (Lakers 4, Pacers 2, NBC)
Game 1: 12.8/21 overnight, 10.5/18 final rating.
Game 2: 11.9/21 overnight, 9.9/20 final rating.
Game 3: 12.6/21 overnight, 10.7/18 final rating.
Game 4: 14.8/25 overnight, 13.1/24 final rating.
Game 5: 12.1/22 overnight, 10.0/20 final rating.
Game 6: 17.3/28 overnight, 14.7/26 final rating.

2001 (Lakers 4, 76ers 1, NBC)
Game 1: 15.2/26 overnight, 12.4/23 final rating.
Game 2: 14.5/26 overnight, 11.6/22 final rating.
Game 3: 16.1/26 overnight, 12.7/22 final rating.
Game 4: 14.7/24 overnight, 12.6/23 final rating.
Game 5: 13.4/24 overnight, 11.2/22 final rating.

2002 (Lakers 4, Nets 0, NBC)
Game 1: 13.0/21 overnight, 10.6/20 final rating.
Game 2: 10.3/18 overnight, 9.1/18 final rating.
Game 3: 11.8/19 overnight, 10.0/19 final rating.
Game 4: 12.0/20 overnight, 10.8/19 final rating.

2003 (Spurs 4, Nets 2, ABC)
Game 1: 8.1/13 overnight, 6.4/11 final rating.
Game 2: 7.3/13 overnight, 5.2/10 final rating.
Game 3: 8.7/14 overnight, 7.0/12 final rating.
Game 4: 8.7/14 overnight, 6.6/12 final rating.
Game 5: 7.7/13 overnight, 6.2/12 final rating.
Game 6: 9.1/16 overnight, 7.5/14 final rating.

2004 (Pistons 4, Lakers 1, ABC)
Game 1: 11.6/18 overnight, 9.8/17 final rating.
Game 2: 12.3/20 overnight, 10.7/19 final rating.
Game 3: 12.6/20 overnight, 10.5/19 final rating.
Game 4: 14.4/23 overnight, 12.7/22 final rating.
Game 5: 15.4/24 overnight, 13.8/23 final rating.

2005 (Spurs 4, Pistons 3, ABC)
Game 1: 8.8/15 overnight, 7.2/13 final rating.
Game 2: 8.5/14 overnight, 6.9/12 final rating.
Game 3: 8.7/14 overnight, 7.2/13 final rating.
Game 4: 8.4/14 overnight, 7.2/13 final rating.
Game 5: 10.1/18 overnight, 8.4/15 final rating.
Game 6: 10.5/17 overnight, 8.8/15 final rating.
Game 7: 13.9/23 overnight, 11.9/22 final rating.

2006 (Heat 4, Mavericks 2, ABC)
Game 1: 9.3 overnight, 7.8/14 final rating.
Game 2: 9.1/15 overnight, 8.0/14 final rating.
Game 3: 9.0 overnight, 8.0/14 final rating.
Game 4: 9.1 overnight, 7.8/14 final rating.
Game 5: 10.2/19 overnight, 9.0/17 final rating.
Game 6: 11.1 overnight, 10.1 final rating.

Ten highest-rated NBA Finals since 1976.

18.7: 1998, Bulls 4, Jazz 2 (NBC)
17.9: 1993, Bulls 4, Suns 2 (NBC)
16.8: 1997, Bulls 4, Jazz 2 (NBC)
16.7: 1996, Bulls 4, Sonics 2 (NBC)
15.9: 1987, Lakers 4, Celtics 2 (CBS)
15.8: 1991, Bulls 4, Lakers 1 (NBC)
15.4: 1988, Lakers 4, Pistons 3 (CBS)
15.1: 1989, Pistons 4, Lakers 0 (CBS)
14.2: 1992, Bulls 4, Blazers 2 (NBC)
14.1: 1986, Celtics 4, Rockets 2 (CBS)

Ten lowest-rated NBA Finals since 1976.

6.5: 2003, Spurs 4, Nets 2 (ABC)
6.7: 1981, Celtics 4, Rockets 2 (CBS)
7.2: 1979, Sonics 4, Bullets 1 (CBS)
8.0: 1980, Lakers 4, 76ers 2 (CBS)
8.2: 2005, Spurs 4, Pistons 3 (ABC)
8.5: 2006, Heat 4, Mavericks 2 (ABC)
9.9: 1978, Bullets 4, Sonics 3 (CBS)
10.2: 2002, Lakers 4, Nets 0 (NBC)
11.3: 1999, Spurs 4, Knicks 1 (NBC)
11.5: 2004, Pistons 4, Lakers 1 (ABC) and 1976, Celtics 4, Suns 2 (CBS)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #30
SsKSpurs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject

ABC gives the NBA no respect, becasue they don't even want the NBA. ESPN creates and pays for all the broadcasts, becasuse the NBA does pretty well on caple during the week and ESPN wants it for programming. Thats fine and dandy, but any major successful sports league needs a quality over-the-air carrier. NBC was that carrier. They made a big deal out of the NBA and presented it with a leval of class that ESPN/ABC can only dream about.

Watch an NBA on NBC vid on youtubre (there are lots). The presentation, the colors, the announcers. Bob Costas' intos were outstanding. He is the best videojournalist ever. They were cinematic. They make ABC look like a cable access channel covering a high school game.

ABC makes it seem like just another lazy day at Staples, ohhh there's Jack, will Lindsey Lohan be courtside today? Is Luke Walton dating Britney? Its sickening.

True. i remember in 03 playoffs when the spurs were playing the lakers in game 6, jim gray had a 5 minute conversation with jack nicholson while the game was going on. during that time, manu had a dunk. lakers score, and then manu hits a three. instead of pushing this rookie who was killing the lakers they were interviewing jack.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: