Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "Cavs not better than LA and would struggle for a West playoff spot"

How good would this team be?

Kwame Brown/Andrew Bynum
Lamar Odom
Luke Walton/Vladimir Radmanovic
LeBron James
Smush Parker/Jordan Farmar
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
gb8
Extra Cheese

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "Cavs not better than LA and would struggle for a West playoff spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
michael did play against larry and magic in their primes. that's why he didn't win his first playoff series until 1988. ran into into larry's championship celts in the first round in 86 and 87.

Exactly my point, I just meant people dont devalue jordans rings because larry and magic were no longer in their primes and dont make cases anymore that oh if magic and larry were around jordan would have never won the ring. history states that jrdan got the rings and history will state lebron led the cavs to the finals at 22. Not that the he would have lost to the 7th seeded team out west in a seven game series.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "Cavs not better than LA and would struggle for a West playoff spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Jordan played with talent though. The first 3 championships he won with Pippen, Horace Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, second 3 he won with Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr. Maybe Bird and Magic had more talent around them but it's not like Jordan played with crappy players.
definitely not. those were great bulls teams. and i don't think you can assume that magic and bird's title teams would dominate jordan's championship bulls. the celts in particular have no one remotely capable of defending jordan or pippen - which means double teamming (gotta - he threw up 63 at 22yrs old, think what he could do in his prime) - which means horace / rodman get easier boards - pippen has to be single covered - paxson / bj / kukoc / kerr get open j's - cartwright / williams / longley / etc. get stupid good low post position for dump downs, post moves, and put backs.

on the other hand chicago has no answer for mchale - parish runs the bulls' centers out of the building - and bird dissects a team d as well as anyone ever. so they have their advantages as well.

with the lakers, chicago has the best defender of magic ever. maybe the two best. they've got lots of bigs to beat up kareem (the preferred method of covering him back in the day), good defenders in rodman / grant to handle worthy. again i'm not saying they win the series, but i'm pretty sure the lakers would have to play michael cooper a lot since he's the only guy on the team capable of covering jordan or scottie at all, and playing him diminishes the lakers' outside shooting and rebounding (gotta sit scott / worthy / green to play coop).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "Cavs not better than LA and would struggle for a West playoff spot"

Cleveland had a win % of .630(19-11) against the WC this season. That's better than LAL(.540), Denver(.520), Houston(.540) by quite a significant margin. Mark Jackson needs to shut up.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
definitely not. those were great bulls teams. and i don't think you can assume that magic and bird's title teams would dominate jordan's championship bulls. the celts in particular have no one remotely capable of defending jordan or pippen - which means double teamming (gotta - he threw up 63 at 22yrs old, think what he could do in his prime) - which means horace / rodman get easier boards - pippen has to be single covered - paxson / bj / kukoc / kerr get open j's - cartwright / williams / longley / etc. get stupid good low post position for dump downs, post moves, and put backs.

on the other hand chicago has no answer for mchale - parish runs the bulls' centers out of the building - and bird dissects a team d as well as anyone ever. so they have their advantages as well.

with the lakers, chicago has the best defender of magic ever. maybe the two best. they've got lots of bigs to beat up kareem (the preferred method of covering him back in the day), good defenders in rodman / grant to handle worthy. again i'm not saying they win the series, but i'm pretty sure the lakers would have to play michael cooper a lot since he's the only guy on the team capable of covering jordan or scottie at all, and playing him diminishes the lakers' outside shooting and rebounding (gotta sit scott / worthy / green to play coop).

Could you imagine how great the Bulls would have been if they had a good center? I'm not saying someone like Shaq but someone better than Luc Longley.

Alonzo Mourning
Dennis Rodman
Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan
Ron Harper
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Jordan played with talent though. The first 3 championships he won with Pippen, Horace Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, second 3 he won with Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr. Maybe Bird and Magic had more talent around them but it's not like Jordan played with crappy players.

Jordan's cast still cannot hold the jockstrap of Magic and Bird's cast.

I just want to bring it up because people say "Jordan's Bulls wouldn't have won if he had gone against the Magic and Bird teams".

Just wanted to mention it because people say Jordan's Bulls wouldn't have won if he had gone against Magic and Larry's teams.... well yeah that's probably true but it was because those two had a stacked cast, not because they were better players than Michael.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #22
Sun Devil
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
In a 7 game series if they are both healthy I think the Lakers would win... Bron hasnt had to go against a team in the playoffs where they have a start who could hit back....

It would be close though...Lebron has better shooters around him but Kobe is a better and more versatile player....

If the Cavs played the Suns in the first round they would be home too.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines...

The Cavs are what they are, a product of a very weak Eastern Conferense...

I find it kind of funny when Cavs fans start talking about them beating Detroit as if the Pistons were some kind of Championship caliber team...

Yeah we all thought that the Pistons would beat the Cavs but thats just because we bought into the hype...

Detroit was overrated period!
Sun Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #23
shok
Decent playground baller

Lakers cannot beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. In 6 games no less. Nuff said.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #24
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
In a 7 game series if they are both healthy I think the Lakers would win... Bron hasnt had to go against a team in the playoffs where they have a start who could hit back....

It would be close though...Lebron has better shooters around him but Kobe is a better and more versatile player....

If the Cavs played the Suns in the first round they would be home too.

Your gonna' laugh, but you know who the difference will be in that series....

Lamar Odom.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #25
Sun Devil
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by shok
Lakers cannot beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. In 6 games no less. Nuff said.

Agree with this but that doesnt mean that they cant beat the Cavs...

Just cause GS was able to beat the Mavs doesnt mean that the Jazz would have been able to also.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
Jackson says things for effect very often. I'm not surprised.
exactly. yesterday he said that this team is beaming with confidence and could take 2 games from the spurs.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
Cleveland had a win % of .630(19-11) against the WC this season. That's better than LAL(.540), Denver(.520), Houston(.540) by quite a significant margin. Mark Jackson needs to shut up.
Not just that, but they played the Lakers twice, didn't play well in either game and still won both relatively easily. Eric Snow was the starting PG in both games for the Cavs, btw.

Mark Jackson is a douche. I really wish they would replace him with Jalen Rose. Jalen was just on Outside the Lines and he actually makes some sense when he talks. Jackson needs to find a new day job.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
Sun Devil
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not just that, but they played the Lakers twice, didn't play well in either game and still won both relatively easily. Eric Snow was the starting PG in both games for the Cavs, btw.

Mark Jackson is a douche. I really wish they would replace him with Jalen Rose. Jalen was just on Outside the Lines and he actually makes some sense when he talks. Jackson needs to find a new day job.

Yeah but the Cavs also beat the Spurs twice, and now we are starting to see that that meant nothing...

The Cavs got the Lakers when the Lakers were struggling...

Mark Jacksons point of the Cavs fighting for a west playoff spot is not hard to belive, theyd be a 6 or 7 seed if they had to play the West consistently...

They did good against the West but if they were in the West and had to battle the likes of Suns, Mavs, and Spurs on a consistent basis than you would see the difference.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Mark Jackson is the local play by play guy for the Nets.

of course he will show a little resentment to the Cavaliers
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #30
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Devil
Yeah but the Cavs also beat the Spurs twice, and now we are starting to see that that meant nothing...

The Cavs got the Lakers when the Lakers were struggling...

Mark Jacksons point of the Cavs fighting for a west playoff spot is not hard to belive, theyd be a 6 or 7 seed if they had to play the West consistently...

They did good against the West but if they were in the West and had to battle the likes of Suns, Mavs, and Spurs on a consistent basis than you would see the difference.

the Cavaliers beat the Spurs in @SA the day after SA just knocked off Dallas in a heated opening night.

*side note: the Cavaliers dropped a home game to the bobcats the very next game*

then when the Spurs were "slumping" earlier, the Cavaliers beat them at home.

both games were very close and the Spurs could have won either.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: