Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Tom Brady needs 5,782 yards and 52 TDs to pass the all time record holder

*Disclaimer: Drew Brees will most likely break the yardage record if he decides to comeback, only being a 1000 yards away

Anyways, in order to Brady break these records he will need to either:
Complete 1 and a half season averaging his career averages

or

Break the regular season passing yard record and throw for 52 TD

Brady is 40 years old and the cliff could be coming any second, do you think he could break these records( or if Brees keeps playing, pass the current record holder?)
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Tom Brady needs 5,782 yards and 52 TDs to pass the all time record holder

He's under contract for 2 more years and they just traded Jimmy G. He's definitely playing at least 2 more seasons.

Anyway, the important stat is really the regular season and playoffs combined, for the overall records.

Combined (regular season and playoffs):

Most yards passing:

1. Peyton Manning - 79,279

2. Brett Favre - 77,693

3. Tom Brady - 76,385

4. Drew Brees - 74,654

5. Dan Marino - 65,871

Most career touchdown passes:

1. Peyton Manning - 579

2. Tom Brady - 559

3. Brett Favre - 552

4. Drew Brees - 517

5. Dan Marino - 452

Brady has that locked up....he's going to get those records next season.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-05-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:50 PM   #3
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Tom Brady needs 5,782 yards and 52 TDs to pass the all time record holder

I remember when Dan Marino had every single passing record 15 years ago. Crazy how much the NFL has changed.

I feel if Brady does get the regular season TD & yardage record it will be broken in the next 10-15 years since Brady first entered the league when the NFL wasn't pass happy like it is now.

Gonna be tough to break Brady's playoff records though...
- Super bowl wins
- Super bowl appearances
- playoff wins
- playoff TDs
- playoff passing yards

Those are postseason records Brady will have for the next 25-30 years, possibly longer.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
I remember when Dan Marino had every single passing record 15 years ago. Crazy how much the NFL has changed.

I feel if Brady does get the regular season TD & yardage record it will be broken in the next 10-15 years since Brady first entered the league when the NFL wasn't pass happy like it is now.

- Super bowl wins
- Super bowl appearances
- playoff wins
- playoff TDs
- playoff passing yards

Those are postseason records Brady will have for the next 25-30 years, possibly longer.
The passing has peaked, the best passing seasons where in 2010,2011, and 2012 iirc

I feel like the league is now moving towards gadget plays and double RBs, If Brady breaks those records and him and Brees play for 4 more years it might last for a while
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #5
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
The passing has peaked, the best passing seasons where in 2010,2011, and 2012 iirc

I feel like the league is now moving towards gadget plays and double RBs, If Brady breaks those records and him and Brees play for 4 more years it might last for a while

Maybe, but in Brady's first 6 years as a starter, he only threw for 4,000 yards once. 8 QBs threw for 4,000+ yards in 2017, only 2 QBs threw for 4,000 yards in 2003.

If a dominant QB started his career today and say he averaged around 4,200 yards a year for 17 years which is very possible he would end his career with 71,400 yards which is right at the current record. I don't think Brady would have the record for very long unless he plays until he's 45 like he says he is.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #6
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

- Super bowl wins
- Super bowl appearances
- playoff wins
- playoff TDs
- playoff passing yards

Quote:
Maybe, but in Brady's first 6 years as a starter, he only threw for 4,000 yards once. 8 QBs threw for 4,000+ yards in 2017, only 2 QBs threw for 4,000 yards in 2003.

If a dominant QB started his career today and say he averaged around 4,200 yards a year for 17 years which is very possible he would end his career with 71,400 yards which is right at the current record. I don't think Brady would have the record for very long unless he plays until he's 45 like he says he is.

Guys like Rivers, Roethlisberger, Eli, have been playing the large part of their careers under current rules, and it looks doubtful to me any of them can get those records.

Then you have guys playing their entire career under the current rules...

Ryan
Rodgers
Stafford
Newton

and so forth, and trying to imagine any of them consistently putting up the necessary stats over so many years ahead in the future just seems unlikely.

I think Brees and Brady are putting pretty enormous records by the time they retire. Just think about it......they could be somewhere around 75,000 to 80,000 yards passing or something like that.....

Ryan and Stafford set records for fastest to 30,000, and so they would need like 10 5,000 yard seasons going forward............

So actually, I think Brees and Brady are setting fairly safe numbers right now. Because they both look like they have at least 2 more 4,000 to 4,500 yard seasons each in them, while Brady even looks like he has 3 or so, and might even get another 5,000 yard season next season.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-06-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: