Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
pastis
Dirk top 15 all time

Default presidential debates

just watched big parts of the debates clinton vs trump..... sry where did clinton won? let alone all three? she was so damn weak and her deathblow was the moment as the journalist asked her about the fact, that - she was paid 225.000 for a speech to a bank where she emphasized her wish of a global connected world with open borders. k.o......she could not recover from this punch and tried to change the conversation and blamed russia blablabla.
pastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
Terahite
LeRetention Whore

Default Re: presidential debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastis
just watched big parts of the debates clinton vs trump..... sry where did clinton won? let alone all three? she was so damn weak and her deathblow was the moment as the journalist asked her about the fact, that - she was paid 225.000 for a speech to a bank where she emphasized her wish of a global connected world with open borders. k.o......she could not recover from this punch and tried to change the conversation and blamed russia blablabla.

I don’t remember even the fake news media saying she won those debates... I remember the leftists on ISH saying that (though a lot of those threads have been deleted). She would be the last candidate you would want to run against Trump if you’re the DNC. Maybe they figured they can do more damage without a Democrat in the White House?
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #3
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

KevinNYC got a huge boner every time the debates happened because he's an old guy that still thinks the debates are everything. I don't think anybody actually gave a shit about the debates or changed any opinions.

The formatting, style and topics are completely retarded.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #4
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

The debates are more theater than substance, to say the least.

That being said, I do think that 2nd debate was a real opportunity for any decent candidate to put the dagger into Trump. Hillary was hamstrung by her and Bill's own past (plus the leaks), allowing DT to muddy the waters of morality after the tape. A few punchy one-liners later and anyone who was hedging because of the tape was firmly back on the Trump Train. To me that was the defining moment of the campaign, if there was one.
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #5
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Hillary had such a great persona on the internet... Hilldawg. Yet she never carried that over to the debates. In a strange twist of irony she managed to make Trump look hip and fashionable while she was the old, stiff and white one. Condescending I know what's best for you little people rhetoric. Looking back now, it's kind of wtf how her image was everything negative I'd assume to be attached to Trump.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

Hillary didn't have a platform or plan. Trump has been fulfilling his campaign promises ever since.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Both were absolutely dreadful.

If you think Trump comes off as a competent presidential candidate after watching any of those debates, then you need to get your head checked.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #8
Terahite
LeRetention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Both were absolutely dreadful.

If you think Trump comes off as a competent presidential candidate after watching any of those debates, then you need to get your head checked.

Winning in a landslide seems competent enough.
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #9
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

Almost impossible to be on the left and a good debater. All the great ones in America today are on the far right.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:35 AM   #10
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
The debates are more theater than substance, to say the least.

That being said, I do think that 2nd debate was a real opportunity for any decent candidate to put the dagger into Trump. Hillary was hamstrung by her and Bill's own past (plus the leaks), allowing DT to muddy the waters of morality after the tape. A few punchy one-liners later and anyone who was hedging because of the tape was firmly back on the Trump Train. To me that was the defining moment of the campaign, if there was one.

They should've played the tape card after the debates. They showed their hand too early and Steve Bannon came in with a response by bringing the rape accusers. That was a brilliant move.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #11
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
Winning in a landslide seems competent enough.
Landslide
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
They should've played the tape card after the debates. They showed their hand too early and Steve Bannon came in with a response by bringing the rape accusers. That was a brilliant move.

Agreed. There's no way you can win against Trump by joining him "in the mud", since he will always appear more honest in that situation. Meanwhile HRC was trying to give off this veneer of being morally upstanding and above the fray, while 90% of her time (and almost all her ads) were spent ripping Trump as opposed to giving any solutions.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Almost impossible to be on the left and a good debater. All the great ones in America today are on the far right.

Meh. Tbh a debate setting isn't really indicative of who has better ideas as they're always trying to pander to the crowd and people measure how successful they were based on crowd support.

But dude, the right's golden god of "debate" Ben Shapiro himself has already hedged his bets on this exact point. Paraphrasing here, but one of his arguments literally was "the reason why left-wing politicians and advocates seem so much smarter than those on the right is because libs who are successful go into politics, while smart righties innovate and can't be bothered". As doubtful as I am that any study would ever back that claim up, I thought it was an interesting point for him to bring up because it indicates just how shook he is that he's one of very few persuasive prominent right-wingers.

Who are the top conservative debaters rn? Curious to listen. Jordan Peterson I've never heard, may give him a shot.

Last edited by ScalsFan21 : 03-08-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #14
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan

Quote:
Meh. Tbh a debate setting isn't really indicative of who has better ideas as they're always trying to pander to the crowd and people measure how successful they were based on crowd support.

But dude, the right's golden god of "debate" Ben Shapiro himself has already hedged his bets on this exact point. Paraphrasing here, but one of his arguments literally was "the reason why left-wing politicians and advocates seem so much smarter than those on the right is because libs who are successful go into politics, while smart righties innovate and can't be bothered". As doubtful as I am that any study would ever back that claim up, I thought it was an interesting point for him to bring up because it indicates just how shook he is that he's one of very few persuasive prominent right-wingers.

Who are the top conservative debaters rn? Curious to listen. Jordan Peterson I've never heard, may give him a shot.
There's a number of prominent conservative debaters out there, much more than the left has. I would highly recommend Dr. Peterson or Dinesh D'Souza, they're pretty close to Shapiro. Gad Saad, Steven Crowder, Mark Levin and Larry Elder are each great in their own right too.

Then you havs guys like Trey Gowdy, Thomas Sowell, Milo, Gavin McInnes, and Stefan Molyneux who can all have their moments. McInnes in particular, but he's too much of a troll to be taken seriously, same as Milo.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #15
tpols
we already won

Quote:

The real reason is because R politicians are more likely to have their positions handed down to them, and pander to states and populations with far less education thus they dont have to actually do/build/create anything because they can rally support purely by fear mongering. Its amazing to see how many R senators and congressman are jrs and had dads in the same seats before them. With D's its less nepotistic and more merit based... you can truly be anyone or anything and rise in that party. And you're expected to actually create and implement successful policy.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: