Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
dunksby
NBA Legend

Default Italy's Elections: Centre Right Coalition and Anti-Establishment Parties Win Big

Quote:
With the bloc’s third-largest economy seemingly facing prolonged political instability, the anti-immigrant League claimed the right to rule after its centre-right alliance won the largest bloc of votes.

“We have the right and duty to govern,” its leader Matteo Salvini told a news conference, saying investors should have no fear of it taking office as shares, bonds and the euro weakened on prospects of a eurosceptic-led administration promising to ramp up spending.

Minutes later, the head of the biggest single party, the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement, said it was ready to take on a responsible leadership role. (Graphics on 'Italian elections' - tmsnrt.rs/2oluYph)

“We’re open to talk to all the political forces,” 31-year-old Luigi Di Maio said in a statement.“We feel the responsibility to give Italy a government (as)... a political force that represents the entire nation.”

With the vote count well advanced and full results due later on Monday, it looked almost certain that none of the three main factions would be able to govern alone, and President Sergio Mattarella is not expected to open formal coalition talks until early April.

In Brussels, a European Commission spokesman said it was confident a stable administration could be formed,“and in the meantime Italy has a government with whom we are working closely.”

Salvini criticised both the euro and European Union restrictions on national budgets.“The euro was, is and remains a mistake,” he said, but added that a referendum over Italy’s continued participation in the single currency was“unthinkable”.

The rightist alliance that also includes former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s Forza Italia (Go Italy!) was on course for around 37 percent of the vote - but for the first time the League emerged as the senior partner.
The continued economic struggles and the out of control African illegal migration problem - directly caused by removal of Ghadhafi - Italians voted overwhelmingly against the current government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...KBN1GH0GI?il=0
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
pastis
Dirk top 15 all time

Default Re: Italy's Elections: Centre Right Coalition and Anti-Establishment Parties Win Big

great win by lega nord and 5stars. i spent my last holidays driving 2 weeks through italy.especially in smaller and medium cities the african immigration is omnipresent. sometimes you would think that you were rather in nigeria or senegal than in italy. lega and forza italia want to deport 600.000 illegal african migrants when in power.

and btw: who was in charge of the destructio n of lybia? the usa under hillary clinton
pastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Default Re: Italy's Elections: Centre Right Coalition and Anti-Establishment Parties Win Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastis
great win by lega nord and 5stars. i spent my last holidays driving 2 weeks through italy.especially in smaller and medium cities the african immigration is omnipresent. sometimes you would think that you were rather in nigeria or senegal than in italy. lega and forza italia want to deport 600.000 illegal african migrants when in power.

and btw: who was in charge of the destructio n of lybia? the usa under hillary clinton
Italians never learn, the parties' immigration policies are ok considering the situation on the ground, but they're basically bringing Berlusconi back
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
East River Livn'
Super Handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastis

Before when I used to go to Italy I only used to worry about the stupid Romas, although in some places I could see the African shanty towns off in the distance. Now they are on the streets in tourist areas sleeping, loitering and asking for money. Probably last time I go to Southern/Central Italy.
East River Livn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
dunksby
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by East River Livn'
Before when I used to go to Italy I only used to worry about the stupid Romas, although in some places I could see the African shanty towns off in the distance. Now they are on the streets in tourist areas sleeping, loitering and asking for money. Probably last time I go to Southern/Central Italy.
Last summer my fiance and I spent two weeks in northern Sicily, other than having to deal with annoying ones trying to force me to buy dried out roses, I didn't encounter any of that.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

Awesome news for Italy

I'll wait until next year to go back, hopefully it will be cleaned up by then
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
Trollsmasher
The Fam

hopefully the mass deportations start soon
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #8
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

My buddy bought an umbrella from some immigrant once.

Tried to sell it back to him when it started raining and he got pissed off.

The black africans were easily the creepiest in the clubs. And **** off with the roses.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #9
dunksby
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd3035
Awesome news for Italy

I'll wait until next year to go back, hopefully it will be cleaned up by then
They are planning to deport 100,000 a year, but that is pretty ambitious.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #10
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
They are planning to deport 100,000 a year, but that is pretty ambitious.
100,000 a year? How many are there?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: