Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #46
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,097
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Don't think they really knew how to play basketball in the 90s. 90s basketball to modern basketball is like a gang of cavemen with sharpened stones to the modern US military. Lebron would carpet bomb 90s basketball to the stone age if they weren't already in it.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #47
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,910
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

6/6 > 3/8

1-9 > 0-2

What lebron would or wouldn't do in MJ's era means nothing, nor does what MJ would do in lebron's era. The rules are different so all that matters is how much did you dominate in your era and the context that surrounds it.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #48
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,404
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
6/6 > 3/8

1-9 > 0-2

What lebron would or wouldn't do in MJ's era means nothing, nor does what MJ would do in lebron's era. The rules are different so all that matters is how much did you dominate in your era and the context that surrounds it.
So, you admit Ordan's not the GOAT and it's Bill Russell?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #49
SouBeachTalents
Worm
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,112
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
No, it's not close, and yes, you're crazy if you say Lebron is better.
SouBeachTalents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #50
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,910
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
So, you admit Ordan's not the GOAT and it's Bill Russell?

An argument for Russell as the GOAT would go much easier for you than trying to make an argument for Lebron being GOAT, that's for sure.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #51
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,404
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
An argument for Russell as the GOAT would go much easier for you than trying to make an argument for Lebron being GOAT, that's for sure.
1. BR
2. LeBron
3. KAJ
4. Shaq
5. Ordan

aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #52
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7,910
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
1. BR
2. LeBron
3. KAJ
4. Shaq
5. Ordan


Based on your own logic, Lebron isn't even close to BR.

egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #53
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,404
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Based on your own logic, Lebron isn't even close to BR.



How are people with your level of intelligence not locked up?
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #54
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

You're right 3ball, he obviously isnt worthy of the argument. But somehow, some way, he's worth like 30k posts and God knows how many years of Your life talking about him. That's true dedication right there, I salute you both.

sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #55
dankok8
Local High School Star
 
dankok8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,368
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

3ball, you make the ridiculous claim that Lebron's teams in 2014 and 2016 Finals didn't have a talent deficit. They did in both finals. In 2014, Wade was playing hurt and put up 18/4/4 in the playoffs which is not good for a 2nd option. Beyond that it was essentially role players. Bosh is a big name but he didn't play on a high level at all. Despite all of that, anyone who's actually watched those finals knows that the Heat were deficient on the defensive end and that their inability to stop the Spurs did them in. Not their perceived lack of offense. Miami played really really well on the offensive end. In 2016, Kevin love averaged like 8 ppg in the finals and he also missed a game. I'm not gonna count him as an all-star because he didn't play like an all-star. You can pretty much say they played without Kevin Love and you won't be wrong. Apart from Lebron and Kyrie, Cavs had no one on that roster that could hurt the Warriors.

People always talk about how Jordan never lost with homecourt advantage. Lebron had homecourt in 2/8 finals and he ended up winning 3/8. Lebron lost with homecourt advantage three times in his career but won seven times when he didn't have it. Of course more analysis goes into it but Lebron clearly overachieved rather than underachieved.

And it's pretty hard to argue that Lebron's selfless style of play and all-around contribution is not an optimal way to play. Ball dominant or not, it's gonna be hard to convince me that giving the ball to someone else would be better. Lebron is holding the ball because he is the best scorer and the best distributor.
dankok8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #56
Ainosterhaspie
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 238
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Well put dankok. I seems some here feel so threatened by LeBron's brilliant career, that they have to go to increasingly loony lengths to discredit him. I keep saying Jordan's career is so brilliant that it isn't necessary to stoop to these lengths to make a case for him over LeBron. I almost think it's counterproductive, because if they have to resort to these sorts of arguments it makes it look like there isn't really a good case to be made for Jordan.
Ainosterhaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #57
Uncle Drew
Young Drip King
 
Uncle Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship
Posts: 8,844
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Dad Killer didn't start winning until all of the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers got too old, on top of that he ducked peak Hakeem for two straight years. Fraud.
Uncle Drew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #58
Ainosterhaspie
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 238
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
Dad Killer didn't start winning until all of the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers got too old, on top of that he ducked peak Hakeem for two straight years. Fraud.
He was good enough to beat all those teams with the right pieces around him and if he were to face them in or near his prime with those pieces. The Celtics with one of the greatest teams struggled to beat him when he had no cast and was still developing. Yes it was a sweep, but the gesture were close and some could easily have gone Jordan way.

Peak Jordan beat peak Celtics, Lakers or Rockets from 80s and 90s. They could best him too.
Ainosterhaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #59
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,447
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainosterhaspie
He was good enough to beat all those teams with the right pieces around him and if he were to face them in or near his prime with those pieces. The Celtics with one of the greatest teams struggled to beat him when he had no cast and was still developing. Yes it was a sweep, but the gesture were close and some could easily have gone Jordan way.

Peak Jordan beat peak Celtics, Lakers or Rockets from 80s and 90s. They could best him too.
Celtics swept Bulls, how was it a struggle? They beat Chicago by 19 in game 1, 4 in game 2, and 18 in game 3. Quit talking out your ass and trying to rewrite history, that Boston team manhandled Jordan and would've done the same to the 90s teams too.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #60
Ainosterhaspie
I don't get picked last at the park anymore
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 238
Default Re: Lebron isn't worthy of 6/6 argument

Ok, I'm focusing too much on game two. That was a double overtime game that the Bulls came very close to winning. At least in that one they struggled to win and just squeaked by. Jordan was injured most of the year so that wasn't the best version of himself or his team even with that limited squad. It is not a stretch to think he could have won more games against them with health, a better team and more team cohesion.
Ainosterhaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy