Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #31
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Default Re: Is Lebron up there in the best player of all time?

For sure. Top 2 GOAT, no debate.

GOAT of the modern era. Meaning the last two decades.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #32
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
If we are just going by eye test and considering things like being a physical marvel and all I donít know why Lebron goes over Shaq.

We all remember Shaq being dominant but we donít really give him the full credit heís due.

I mean....look at this guy:

https://youtu.be/NKICLZfKMG0

Not call bums. Vs the DPOY.

Shaq was a goon, goblin, golem and more. He was totally out of hand for a while there.

As just a physical marvel and evaluating players by their individual dominance when you watch them play I donít know how LeBron is top three at worst when Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, and Wilt existed. I donít see how you put the ďat worstĒ in there.
Shaq is no doubt top-tier GOAT as well. Absolute freak.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:41 PM   #33
Wally450
AD >>> Embiid

Top 3, arguably top 2 player of all time when its all said and done.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:47 PM   #34
StrongLurk
StrongLaker

Lebron is anywhere between 2-5 when it's all said and done.

I already have him at 3, but I don't think he'll ever pass Jordan and also think that he most likely won't pass Kareem either.

Also can we stop underrating Shaq?

Shaq > Duncan and Kobe any day for me.

Last edited by StrongLurk : 03-08-2018 at 12:53 PM.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #35
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
If we are just going by eye test and considering things like being a physical marvel and all I donít know why Lebron goes over Shaq.

We all remember Shaq being dominant but we donít really give him the full credit heís due.

Shaq was a goon, goblin, golem and more. He was totally out of hand for a while there.

As just a physical marvel and evaluating players by their individual dominance when you watch them play I donít know how LeBron is top three at worst when Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, and Wilt existed. I donít see how you put the ďat worstĒ in there.
Shaq was ~340 lbs during that time and dude moved better than most SF's. Absolute freak of nature. Never seen a specimen like him. Ever.

Before you Chokerlain mental midgets have a meltdown, Ilt was never even 300, let alone 340 and there is ZERO proof that he could get his his head rim height.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #36
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

The only problem was shaq's longevity, by his 10th-11th year in the NBA he was already slowing down. LeBron at age 33 is still playing at an all time great level.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #37
tpols
we already won

This is how you know Lebron isnt the GOAT... 2 shots made by a teammate go a different way? He's 1-8 and a borderline top 10 GOAT.

Thats how fickle these things are... And its not like there were any shots his team couldve made, that they missed, that would have flipped his L's to W's, as all of Bron's losses came in shorter more decesively won series by the opponent. His wins otoh came by the most razor thin, and even improbable of margins. You cant never lead a dominant all time team and claim to be the GOAT when multiple other all time greats have done that and more.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #38
Smoke117
The King Returns...

What a very original and unique thread. You couldn't just go post in the thousands of other threads that are the same exact topic?
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #39
red1
kaWHO DAT BALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
What a very original and unique thread. You couldn't just go post in the thousands of other threads that are the same exact topic?
I swear I've seen you make this exact post elsewhere.

Shouldn't you follow your own advice?
Old 03-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #40
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
I swear I've seen you make this exact post elsewhere.

Shouldn't you follow your own advice?

That pretty much says it all doesn't it? Half the threads on this board must be a variation on this tired ass bullshit since the 2016 season.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #41
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Jordan' stats from 87-93' regular season are better than the best 7-year stretch for lebron:

Jordan 87-93': 33.2 ppg.. 6.4 rpg.. 6.1 apg.. 2.9 stl.. 1.0 blk.. 59.0 ts.. 30.4 PER
Lebron 08-14': 28.0 ppg.. 7.6 rpg.. 7.1 apg.. 1.7 stl.. 0.8 blk.. 60.6 ts.. 30.1 PER

I'm sure lebron fans would trade 1.5% ts for 5 ppg and greater clutch

https://www.basketball-reference.com...3-sum:per_game
https://www.basketball-reference.com...3-sum:per_game

Erm...yeah. Those stats pretty much matches with him. Perhaps it's better to say he's up there. Both are great players, but MJ was better I would say. The comparison has more weight than a Kobe vs MJ I think. Kobe has MJ style, but LeBron all around play in the stats is similar to Birds, but LBJ is more efficient and plays better defense. I would say Bird was better several little things that I feel that all-stars would find it easier to play with, but that's aside the point considering the results.

I can't think of another perimeter player that would be the closest to MJ like that, especially in stats. LBJ even surpass MJ in a few advance stats. LBJ has one of the few primes that's up there with the all time greats. Guys like MJ, Shaq, Wilt, and Kareem.

Last edited by Micku : 03-08-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #42
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
This is how you know Lebron isnt the GOAT... 2 shots made by a teammate go a different way? He's 1-8 and a borderline top 10 GOAT.

Thats how fickle these things are... And its not like there were any shots his team couldve made, that they missed, that would have flipped his L's to W's, as all of Bron's losses came in shorter more decesively won series by the opponent. His wins otoh came by the most razor thin, and even improbable of margins. You cant never lead a dominant all time team and claim to be the GOAT when multiple other all time greats have done that and more.
And Kobe is a couple of shots away from being a borderline top 30 player. As it is, he's top 12-15 at best.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #43
Hey Yo
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Lebron is poor manís magic, he canít be the best when MJ and Magic are ahead of him, not even counting Kareem and Wilt who are on par with Magic.
...... He blew by Magic long ago.

Magic's defense was non-existent, as was his jumpshot. He'd pound the rock with his back to the basket..... backing his defender down, waiting for a cutter to pass to.

Great passer, but one of the more overrated players in NBA history.
Hey Yo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #44
vidsmart
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Great passer, but one of the more overrated players in NBA history.

GTFO. I saw Magic score single digits and dominate a game. U donít know what youíre talking about. Magic is in anybodyís top 5 who knows basketball.
vidsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:23 PM   #45
Kingwillball
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidsmart
GTFO. I saw Magic score single digits and dominate a game. U donít know what youíre talking about. Magic is in anybodyís top 5 who knows basketball.

Either way lebron is better without question and magic would tell u that..
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: