Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Default Re: Browns 1st and 4th pick

I didn't want to be "that guy" but this is the second time you've gone off saying the 4th pick is practically the 1st pick. No it isn't. Not this year or any other.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #17
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Elliot is already arguably the best RB in the NFL, if you re-do the 2016 draft he probably goes #2 behind Wentz. Gurley just finished 2nd in the MVP voting this past season. And guess what, Barkley is a better prospect out of college than both of those players.

You can't pass on Barkley just because there are "always good RBs in the later rounds", I understand both Kamara and Hunt were picked in the 3rd round last year and had great rookie years, but that was a rare exception, more often than not... RBs taken in the 2nd-3rd round tend to be solid and the others don't even pan out at all, the evidence is there, take a look at drafts before 2017. Why pass on a prospect like Barkley and take a RB in the 2nd-3rd round who has around a 40% chance of actually being a solid starter in this league?

I see nothing wrong with taking a RB #1, it's still one of the most valuable positions in the league, try to do some more homework on Barkley, he is legitimately the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.

Can Barkley bust? Of course, anyone can bust, but he is still a safer pick than all of the QBs in this class and you still have the #4 pick to take either Rosen or Darnold.

If I was doing the 2016 draft again I would take Elliot no earlier than #5 after Ramsey.

Anyway, the core reason you pass on the early RB is opportunity cost. In order to draft an early RB, you are sacrificing your chance to draft an early pass rusher or QB. History has shown us that an elite QB or pass rusher will do a lot more to help a franchise than an elite RB.

If RB was truly one of the most important positions in the league, they would get paid like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
When was the last time the best RB won a super bowl? Was Emmitt Smith the best RB?

Funny how all the early RB supporters completely ignore this

Last edited by Nanners : 03-17-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Qb 1st, Barkley or Chubb 4th.

Move along.

This is really simple for Browns.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #19
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Yea, with the Jets moving up to #3 today it's most likely the Browns take a QB at #1.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
If I was doing the 2016 draft again I would take Elliot no earlier than #5 after Ramsey.

Anyway, the core reason you pass on the early RB is opportunity cost. In order to draft an early RB, you are sacrificing your chance to draft an early pass rusher or QB. History has shown us that an elite QB or pass rusher will do a lot more to help a franchise than an elite RB.

If RB was truly one of the most important positions in the league, they would get paid like it.

Funny how all the early RB supporters completely ignore this

Pretty much
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Allen is a dicey prospect though. Barkley has already been given perfect grades by some teams.

When you're picking top five and you take a guy that if you redrafted in five years would go 10th, that's still a successful draft.

Allen is as likely to be selected 3rd and in a redraft five years from now be 1st as he would be undrafted.

Nobody can fault Dallas for example taking Zeke high.

Nobody can fault the jags for taking Fournette even though there were better options, at the end of the day sustainable franchises hit on draft picks and Fournette looks like a hit.

Tomlinson was I think 5th overall? Pick well spent.

If Barkley is the next Barry Sanders then it doesn't matter if you pass on a guy who turns into Brett Favre. You're thrilled as a team.

Barkley being a very good RB is much more likely than some of these QBs becoming good QBs.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:32 AM   #22
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Barkley is super overrated. I don't want anything to do with him. Maybe i'm wrong but I just don't see him being this great generational talent. He put up too many clunkers and doesn't like contact. He doesn't strike me as a workhorse RB.

I wouldn't be thrilled if the browns took him at 4. Taking him 1 overall is just absurd.

I think the best QB right now is baker mayfield.

Rosen is a great pure passer but i don't know if he has the toughness to stand in there for 16 games. Say what you want about Kizer but that dude took some serious beatings for the browns last year. No way Rosen makes it through that.

Darnold has some warts but it seems like that's the direction the Browns are going in.

Allen looks like a bust.

Too many OSU honks dislike Baker and wanna dump all over the Big 12 because they don't play defense. News flash: only a handful of programs in the entirety of college football play decent defense. The pac 12 is not a better defensive conference. Baker consistently put up numbers against good programs and won games.

If Baker is the Browns guy they better take him at 1.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:19 AM   #23
Charlie Sheen

Seeing the way he handled Kizer, I'm amazed Jackson didn't get shitcanned. His style of leadership was selling out the rookie because that wasn't "his guy" and pouting after the Browns drew the line and told the Bengals to go to hell with their price on McCarron. Guess you're stuck with this guy though. Not like any prime candidates are lining up to take a job where the coach gets fired every 2 seasons anyway. Even if it was deserved this time imo. Reap what you sow.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Seeing the way he handled Kizer, I'm amazed Jackson didn't get shitcanned. His style of leadership was selling out the rookie because that wasn't "his guy" and pouting after the Browns drew the line and told the Bengals to go to hell with their price on McCarron. Guess you're stuck with this guy though. Not like any prime candidates are lining up to take a job where the coach gets fired every 2 seasons anyway. Even if it was deserved this time imo. Reap what you sow.

I hate that hue jackson has turned into a scapegoat. Kizer had arguably the worst rookie season for a QB of all time. In the redzone im sure there was literally a much higher chance he'd throw the ball away then put up points on the board. A coach can only put his players in a position to succeed. Players gotta execute. Kizer maybe one day will be a good QB, but he was damn awful last year.

What else could have Hue done? Play Hogan or Kessler over him? Tried that. They both stunk. Hue is right about crowell too. He's a f*cking bum.

I don't think Hue is some great coach but i just think its so stupid that when this guy was hired everybody was singing his praises, what he did with the bengals, getting the raiders to 8-8, etc., and all of a sudden he turns into an idiot because he's expected to get wins on a team that was literally designed to be as terrible as possible.

Hue wasn't fired because I can 100% guarantee he had a deal with Haslem that he would get at least 3 years. He'll get fired at the end of this upcoming season and Dorsey, who everybody will turn on by 2020 and be labeled as the worst GM ever, will pick his coach.
Old 03-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #25
Charlie Sheen

I was never a fan of Hue. Not everybody was. Think I even made a post in here asking if Hue was a serious candidate or just the Rooney Rule interview. He wasn't special or great in Oakland. The record shows 8-8...Far as I remember his teams were an undisciplined mess. Real shocking coaching trait from a disciple of Marvin Lewis.

Scapegoating Hue? Please. This guy is the head coach. What's his solution to not being on the same page as the front office? Hue acts like a child and refuses to participate and work together. Dude has a massive ego thinking he's Bill Belichick without the talent to back it up. Hue acts like he is a victim of circumstance. To a degree it's true, but he was hired to be the head coach. Not the Lord and ruler of the Browns kingdom.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #26
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
I was never a fan of Hue. Not everybody was. Think I even made a post in here asking if Hue was a serious candidate or just the Rooney Rule interview. He wasn't special or great in Oakland. The record shows 8-8...Far as I remember his teams were an undisciplined mess. Real shocking coaching trait from a disciple of Marvin Lewis.

Scapegoating Hue? Please. This guy is the head coach. What's his solution to not being on the same page as the front office? Hue acts like a child and refuses to participate and work together. Dude has a massive ego thinking he's Bill Belichick without the talent to back it up. Hue acts like he is a victim of circumstance. To a degree it's true, but he was hired to be the head coach. Not the Lord and ruler of the Browns kingdom.

Hue was put in a position were he had a team devoid of talent that was designed to lose. That's an undeniable fact. Despite that, the browns were still in many games. It's not his fault that Kizer would randomly decide to audible into a slow motion QB sneak, or Kizer would throw a back breaking pick. It's not his fault Garrett, Coleman, and Ogbah couldn't stay on the field. He didn't sign Kenny Britt or pass on Wentz, Zeke, or Bosa. The Browns are a dysfunctional mess of an organization.

Hue didn't suddenly go brain dead when he came to the Browns. He's respected in the NFL for a reason. He has a moronic owner and a GM that fielded a terrible roster and whiffed on a bunch of picks.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:59 PM   #27
Charlie Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Hue was put in a position were he had a team devoid of talent that was designed to lose. That's an undeniable fact. Despite that, the browns were still in many games. It's not his fault that Kizer would randomly decide to audible into a slow motion QB sneak, or Kizer would throw a back breaking pick. It's not his fault Garrett, Coleman, and Ogbah couldn't stay on the field. He didn't sign Kenny Britt or pass on Wentz, Zeke, or Bosa. The Browns are a dysfunctional mess of an organization.

Hue didn't suddenly go brain dead when he came to the Browns. He's respected in the NFL for a reason. He has a moronic owner and a GM that fielded a terrible roster and whiffed on a bunch of picks.

Hue will be the first to let you know too. That's exactly what I didn't about like him in Oakland. It's not new to his run with the Browns. I'm not saying he's the only problem in Cleveland, but he is absolutely part of the problem. I have a hard time finding sympathy for the guy. He knew what he was stepping into. Dude had a first hand look at the shitshow coordinating for the Bengals and Ravens for years.

I don't think he's brain dead for the record. You'll never convince me he isn't anything but a terrible head coach though.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #28
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Should the Browns trade their No. 4 pick if the Bills call?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #29
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'd go with Rosen and Barkley for sure. But since it's the Browns they probably taken Josh Allen because they are attracted to bad QBs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #30
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

IMO the Browns should take Chubb first and one of the 3 elite defensive backs 4th, or trade down on one or both picks.

The Browns need a LOT more than just a QB to start winning games. Their offensive line is a mess now that Thomas is done, they have a few solid offensive skill players but not enough, and there are holes all over the defense. Why spend a 1st overall pick on a QB when you know the guy is going to get slaughtered by your o-line and you have barely any targets to help him out?

Another thing to consider is the fact that Hue Jackson is a terrible leader, and already showed that he is more than willing to throw his rookie QB under the bus and hang them out to dry. What Hue did to Kizer last season was borderline criminal, and after that shit nobody should have any faith that Hue is remotely capable of developing a young QB. Hue is 1-31 in his career as Browns coach and for good reason, the Browns talent is below average but they arent 1-31 bad... even trash teams like the Bears and Jets managed 5 wins a piece last year, 1 win in two years is ludicrous. Hue is an idiot and I would bet the farm that he is going to try to ruin whoever the Browns draft at QB this year.

Last edited by Nanners : 04-25-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: