Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #76
Mex-Laker
I rule the local playground

Default Re: Browns 1st and 4th pick

I remember the hype my Bucs got from being on the show last season, we were a hungry young team also..

Besides Winston's injury, the defense was atrocious, we still lost some close games, but it was more because of bad kicking and defense letdown.

This year, they looked for experience depth on both lines, they are trying to copy the Eagles style, in fact we signed 2 guys from their D-Line along with JPP who looks unstoppable in TC, he embarrassed that Titans Tackle (Highest paid tackle in the game).

But looks like the year to make it happen, combination of both young and experience, if Fitzmagic does his thing and gets at least 1 W of the first 3 games, I'm looking for a good chance to get the WC in the NFC.

But again, won't get my hype up again, I was so disappointed last season.
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #77
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Keep in mind they can edit that to make it look any way they want. I'm not defending Hue, but I will say this is the first team he has had that wasn't a complete dumpster fire from a personnel standpoint. Also, the first-team offense and defense has looked very good so far in the preseason, so we will just have to see.

Personally, I like Todd Haley and Gregg Williams though. Whatever happens with Hue, I feel better about this staff than the last two seasons. Remember, Hue wasn't just head coach the last two seasons, he was also offensive coordinator. Now, Haley steps into that role and Hue is now just basically overseeing the process.

Should be interesting to see if they can all coexist. Lots of egos there.

Yeah, I think it could all work really well or blow up in spectacular fashion. The combination of a HC who maybe should be a coordinator, 3 massive egos on the staff, and a really young team is definitely high risk/high reward.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:44 AM   #78
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter

The Browns local media and Jimmy Haslam have to get out of the way of the Browns.

Baker looks like the man. Great pocket presence, accuracy, arm strength, all along with being a great locker room guy. He is way more talented than Tyrod but i don't know when the Browns should make that switch.

It seems that the Browns have finally hit on a bunch of picks in the same round.

Now we just gotta pray that the injury bug doesn't hurt us too bad.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #79
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
The Browns local media and Jimmy Haslam have to get out of the way of the Browns.

Baker looks like the man. Great pocket presence, accuracy, arm strength, all along with being a great locker room guy. He is way more talented than Tyrod but i don't know when the Browns should make that switch.

It seems that the Browns have finally hit on a bunch of picks in the same round.

Now we just gotta pray that the injury bug doesn't hurt us too bad.
I am really excited about Baker too. His pocket presence is beyond his years. Even when the pocket is breaking down around him, he doesn't lose his cool. Pretty much exactly the opposite of Kizer, who had the size and arm strength, but just had no idea how to manage the pocket and protect the football.

Mayfield is legit. I don't need to see him play another down until it is time for him to go with the starters. He has the goods.

Tyrod is an excellent place-filler until Mayfield is ready to go and he'll be an excellent backup when the time comes. Baker has not been practicing with the first team at all and you could see the lack of chemistry when he was forced into the game early Thursday night. But he still found a way to make plays and, most importantly, didn't make any mistakes.

I like the look of Denzel Ward so far too. He has the tools to be elite. Whether it pans out depends a lot on how hard he works and injuries, as you said, but man ... he has the tools.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #80
ROCSteady
One of One

I ****ing love Baker Mayfield. He's really driving the ball outside the numbers which was my only hang up seeing as a lot of the games I saw were more run and shoot style.

I hope this guy brings the Browns to the playoffs and beats the shit out of the Ravens.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #81
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I ****ing love Baker Mayfield. He's really driving the ball outside the numbers which was my only hang up seeing as a lot of the games I saw were more run and shoot style.

I hope this guy brings the Browns to the playoffs and beats the shit out of the Ravens.
Uh huh.

PFF Breakdown Week 1 - Baker Mayfield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckGPU0CGx0

Love everything about him. Never did a team need an injection of swag and energy more than the Browns. The fit couldn't be more perfect.

I just wish Joe Thomas was out there blocking for us right now. Left tackle is ironically one of the biggest concerns for me... after it being the one thing I was sure of for a decade.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #82
ROCSteady
One of One

Yeah, Thomas' retirement is a bummer because the offensive personnel with Baker starting has a good combo of potential and experience. The Browns have some real talent on offense, hope they take advantage.

Baker
Hyde, Chubb, Johnson
Njoku
Landry, Gordon (?), Callaway

If y'all get that offensive line figured out, the Browns will be a playoff team in a couple yrs. The defense already has some nasty pieces, you need Ward to be a good starter though minimum
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: