Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far
Default Wisdom Teeth

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out on tuesday and wondering if anybody would like to share their experiences with them.

The doc told me I would be pretty much gone for two days then the next two Ill be tired/swollen. Hopefully, it wont be too bad.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation
Default Re: Wisdom Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out on tuesday and wondering if anybody would like to share their experiences with them.

The doc told me I would be pretty much gone for two days then the next two Ill be tired/swollen. Hopefully, it wont be too bad.

Gone for two days? I was alright the same day.

When the stitches disolve, make sure you clean the holes really well. I didn't realize they disolved so quickly and must have had a piece of food in one of the holes and it killed. Had to take a tylenol 3 every night until I realized the problem.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

does everyone have to get their wisdom teeth removed?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
does everyone have to get their wisdom teeth removed?

no, u dont need to remove them if they arent causin a problem. its recomended though.

nice avy
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

its the most brutal and painful procedure you would ever go through in your life.

first they give you shots with a big needle in your freaking gums.

then the dentist brings out a smaller version of a tire iron looking thing and pry your gums away from your teeth.

then he would bring out some pliers and get a hold of your tooth and try to shake it loose. this takes a while and heavy effort. hope you have a strong neck.

if he can pull your tooth out this way, you're lucky. if not, he will get a chisel and hammer and try to break your tooth into smaller pieces.

once he finally gets the tooth lose enough, he will get a different set of pliers and try to pop the tooth out. it takes a lot of power and you'll see him struggling.

then once the tooth finally comes out, you can feel it pop and hit the roof of your mouth. then you feel the blood gushing. some might even spray out on the face shield the dentist is wearing. you'll start to choke on your own blood for a little bit.

the dentist will then start stuffing gauze into the hole left by the tooth. pack it nice and neat and close up the wound.

congratulations, your wisdom tooth is out.

now 3 more to go.

and recovery is an even bigger pain.

have fun.

Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids : 06-10-2007 at 12:27 AM.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #6
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
its the most brutal and painful procedure you would ever go through in your life.

then the dentist brings out a smaller version of a tire iron looking thing and pry your gums away from your teeth.

then he would bring out some pliers and get a hold of your teeth and try to shake it loose. this takes a while and heavy effort. hope you have a strong neck.

if he can pull your teeth out this way, you're lucky. if not, he will get a chisel and hammer and try to break your teeth into smaller pieces.

once he finally gets the tooth lose enough, he will get a different set of pliers and try to pop the teeth out. it takes a lot of power and you'll see him struggling.

then once the teeth finally comes out, you can feel it pop and hit the roof of your mouth. then you feel the blood gushing. some might even spray out on the face shield the dentist is wearing. you'll start to choke on your own blood for a little bit.

the dentist will then start stuffing gauze into the hole left by the teeth. pack it nice and neat and close up the wound.

congratulations, your wisdom teeth is out.

now 3 more to go.

baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #7
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

then he would bring out some pliers and get a hold of your tooth and try to shake it loose. this takes a while and heavy effort. hope you have a strong neck.

if he can pull your tooth out this way, you're lucky. if not, he will get a chisel and hammer and try to break your tooth into smaller pieces.

once he finally gets the tooth lose enough, he will get a different set of pliers and try to pop the tooth out. it takes a lot of power and you'll see him struggling.

then once the tooth finally comes out, you can feel it pop and hit the roof of your mouth. then you feel the blood gushing. some might even spray out on the face shield the dentist is wearing. you'll start to choke on your own blood for a little bit.

the dentist will then start stuffing gauze into the hole left by the tooth. pack it nice and neat and close up the wound.

now 3 more to go.

have fun.

couldve fooled me.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Old 06-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #9
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I had 5 teeth pulled (4 permanent) while I was fully concious. I think he gave me a few shots to numb me, but that was about it. That was the most painful part, really.. it was like being pinched really hard on your gums.

The tooth removal part.. well.. I could feel in my skull as he removed the permanents. I didn't even realize he had removed the baby tooth.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:53 AM   #10
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone

i had a friend who ended up looking like a chipmunk for a week or so. very funny
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #12
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

now 3 more to go.

have fun.
haha. Good post. Hope you have a strong neck..
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #13
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

now 3 more to go.

have fun.

well, you're overrating it a bit

but not much:
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:31 AM   #14
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

now, seriously, i had them cut out while they haven't grown up at all (just two of them. other two still hadn't grown. and i hope as hell that they won't). and it wasn't quite as gross as that description above, even if they had to cut my gums open.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
Wizardly Cool

Don't worry, you'll be numb the whole time. Just try not to think about it. If you have bad dental anxiety (like I do) they can put you under. They'll dope you up and put you in a state of mind where you won't even know you're there. You'll feel like sh*t all day, and sleep, but it might be worth it.

Afterwards, you'll probably be given pain medication (hydrocodone aka Vicodin) in the likelihood of a 3-5 day supply.

It's good to have a dentist you trust. If you're going to a somewhat new dentist, you might not be as comfortable. The dentist I go to, their office and staff specializes in friendly dentistry, which makes all the difference in the world. You can trust those people, and that goes a long way.

My dentist is black and hates rap music, that's enough for me to know he's a good person and knows what he's doing.

We argue about the rap music thing though. He knows I like Jedi Mind Tricks, and he couldn't care less. He likes country music.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: