Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #16
nyace
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nyace has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
PG-Marbury/Nate/Collins
SG-Francis/JCraw/Balkman
SF-JRose/QRich/Miles
PF-Randolph/Frye/MRose
C-Curry/LaFrentz/Butler/James
If we did this trade, we would be the deepest the NBA has ever seen, DO IT!

first off your only allowed to carry 15 players on a squad. second balkman is a sf., thirdly if you thought we were a laughing stock last year do this trade and see how bad things really get. miles and randolph are awful pick ups due to high turnover rates and the need to command the ball to score. dont forget we have a whole roster like that besides lee & balkman. david stern would have to step in and fire dolan as gm and veto this trade the knick would be dishing out about 200 mil for that squad and wouldnt be able to trade any of them.

i wouldnt even do that as an ea sports gm
nyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #17
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

no
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

lol you can't have that many players on a team, and he's right if anything balkmans a sf/pf
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You better start Balkman, he;s your guys best player.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #20
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
You better start Balkman, he;s your guys best player.

and you guys better start humphries..because i heard you were starting your franchise around him
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #21
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

PatCummingsFan has an OK reputation so far

Nah, I am thinking Balkman is going to give us some athletic ability off the bench, which is cool being he is a legit 3.
Miles would cost a grip and balloon the payroll even more, but maybe if they took Mo Taylor and Jalen Rose for him, then it would make sense being we would rid Jalen and Mo's contracts
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #22
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
and you guys better start humphries..because i heard you were starting your franchise around him

that was hilarious, nah we are building around one of the top 5 young players in the league. You're building around a decent young PF and a bunch of bums.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #23
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

skywalker y are you on this board. ur a wolves fan go post on the wolves board. u just got mike james go talk about him. u worry about ur team and we'll worry about ours.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #24
nyace
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nyace has an OK reputation so far

hey hksvip, are those all your fav teams?

uconn,m.state,vikings,indians,penguins,knicks? how the hell did that happen?
nyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #25
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyace
hey hksvip, are those all your fav teams?

uconn,m.state,vikings,indians,penguins,knicks? how the hell did that happen?
haha yea those are all my favorite teams. idk y i picked teams that were all in different parts of the country but i did. when i was little i just picked teams in my fravorite sports and stuck with them. im from rhode island and dont really have a home team but if i did pick home teams it would be uri rams, celts, red sox, pats, bruins. but no i just picked the teams and stuck with them.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #26
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
PG-Marbury/Nate/Collins
SG-Francis/JCraw/Balkman
SF-JRose/QRich/Miles
PF-Randolph/Frye/MRose
C-Curry/LaFrentz/Butler/James
If we did this trade, we would be the deepest the NBA has ever seen, DO IT!

The deepest what? In crap? How much worse can you make the Knick situation. Laughing stock of the NBA.

I am still thanking Thomas for taking Jalen from the Raptors. Made a huge difference for this upcoming season.

Last edited by huppcap : 07-12-2006 at 05:12 PM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #27
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

jalen was like the second best player on ur team. y would u want him off. his contract is expiring now and were not going to trade him.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #28
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
jalen was like the second best player on ur team. y would u want him off. his contract is expiring now and were not going to trade him.

First off the Raptors cleared a tonne of room so that they can go out and easily find 2 or 3 players to more than replace Jalen Rose and still have some money left. (instead of waiting for another year to rebuild unlike the Knicks who are decades away from having cap space.) Essentially improve the team quite a bit.

Secondly, Rose is on the down swing of his career.

Thirdly, I would not call him the second best player on the Raptors. Just looking at his production he was fifth in points last season. (Even overall, Bosh, Mike James, Mo Peterson and Charlie Villeneuva I considered better than Rose and their combined salaries were about the same as Roses'.)

Fourthly, he lacks defensive intensity and he has this habit of pushing off with his forearm while dribbling leading to 1 to 2 offensive fouls per game.

Fifth, he seems to always complain that he is fouled on almost every shot he takes while the other team is running down the court with a man advantage.

This is not to sound like I hate Rose. Despite his declining role and reduced playing time on the Raptors he was professional about it even though he did not like it. He is still a decent player but he is way way overpaid.

Last edited by huppcap : 07-13-2006 at 11:39 AM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: