Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #91
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 19,264
RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Oh.......you're one of those numbers guys.

No thanks. I quit arguing about numbers when I was 19 or so.


Then your a retard.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #92
DAXX
Serious playground baller
 
DAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Home of the Celts
Posts: 295
DAXX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Then your a retard.


You're the retard for spelling your wrong. It's you're, genius.
DAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #93
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Then your a retard.
Coming from Mr. "Duncan is weak on D", that means absolutely nothing.

In fact, it's comical.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #94
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This
 
Knoe Struh Damus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 80
Knoe Struh Damus has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Hakeem only lead his team to the Finals twice

Let us test your counting skills.

86 Finals: Celtics 4, Rockets 2
94 Finals: Rockets 4, Knicks 3
95 Finals: Rockets 4, Magic 0

How many Finals are there?
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #95
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

WHAT? If you stopped looking at numbers when you were 19, that means you're old enough to know the IMPACT Hakeem had on the game of basketball, Hakeem had a greater impact on the defensive end then Duncan, and he would make Duncan's head spin with his offensive arsenal...are you seriously thinking that Duncan is better then Hakeem?

This is a message board clown, what else do you want me to tell you? Hakeem shot better from the field, he shot better from the line, he was a more dominant defender...Duncan is probably the better play maker, but that's about it.

All you have is the championships (3 to 2), I counter that with the lack of competition Duncan had during his era...your counter was "Ah that lame competition excuse, blah blah." Well people with half of brain would realize you get all those accolades and win all those championships by beating your competition, and if Duncan played in the 90's...he would not have won a lot of his awards simply because there were BETTER players in the league then him. And the teams were better then they are right now. Outside of the Lakers, Portland and Sacramento the last 6 years...and Detroit, there hardly was any REAL teams in this league...Lakers b*tch slapped Duncan for 3 years, you think he would stand a chance against Chicago, Seattle, Houston, Utah? I mean you honestly think he could win 3-4 titles by getting through Utah, Houston and then Chicago in the finals?

Winning 3 championships is a HUGE deal, and Duncan is an amazing player...but to put him in a group of elite players and not include Hakeem is a complete ****ing joke, and to top it off you included LEBRON JAMES, while not mentioning Hakeem OR Kobe, mind blowing.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #96
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Struh Damus
Let us test your counting skills.

86 Finals: Celtics 4, Rockets 2
94 Finals: Rockets 4, Knicks 3
95 Finals: Rockets 4, Magic 0

How many Finals are there?
Yeah, I know. I meant "to a championshp".

It's easy to forget about that series with the Celts being that I was only 3 years old when happened.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #97
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
WHAT? If you stopped looking at numbers when you were 19, that means you're old enough to know the IMPACT Hakeem had on the game of basketball, Hakeem had a greater impact on the defensive end then Duncan, and he would make Duncan's head spin with his offensive arsenal...are you seriously thinking that Duncan is better then Hakeem?

This is a message board clown, what else do you want me to tell you? Hakeem shot better from the field, he shot better from the line, he was a more dominant defender...Duncan is probably the better play maker, but that's about it.

All you have is the championships (3 to 2), I counter that with the lack of competition Duncan had during his era...your counter was "Ah that lame competition excuse, blah blah." Well people with half of brain would realize you get all those accolades and win all those championships by beating your competition, and if Duncan played in the 90's...he would not have won a lot of his awards simply because there were BETTER players in the league then him. And the teams were better then they are right now. Outside of the Lakers, Portland and Sacramento the last 6 years...and Detroit, there hardly was any REAL teams in this league...Lakers b*tch slapped Duncan for 3 years, you think he would stand a chance against Chicago, Seattle, Houston, Utah? I mean you honestly think he could win 3-4 titles by getting through Utah, Houston and then Chicago in the finals?

Winning 3 championships is a HUGE deal, and Duncan is an amazing player...but to put him in a group of elite players and not include Hakeem is a complete ****ing joke, and to top it off you included LEBRON JAMES, while not mentioning Hakeem OR Kobe, mind blowing.
Which is why no one is backing you up?



And you also have a selective memory. You keep b!tching about my inclusion of LeBron James despite the fact that I already admitted that it was presumptuous on my part.

And you just sound stupid about the Kobe thing.

Last edited by fatboy11 : 06-10-2007 at 06:55 PM.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #98
Knoe Struh Damus
I Knew I'd Type This
 
Knoe Struh Damus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 80
Knoe Struh Damus has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

It's also easy to forget when it doesn't help your argument. I know the foolish young minds of today love to assume, and assume that every team that wins a titles is automatically better than those that do not. Hakeem defeating Showtime and putting up a hell of a dogfight against Bird's Celtics is as impressive as Duncan feasting on mediocre teams.
Knoe Struh Damus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #99
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

You're a complete dolt, why even bother with you?
Question, did anyone back you up?

If you think Duncan is better then Hakeem, you're either a moron like fatboy over here or 12 years old.

I'm done with this discussion.

Quote:
It's also easy to forget when it doesn't help your argument. I know the foolish young minds of today love to assume, and assume that every team that wins a titles is automatically better than those that do not. Hakeem defeating Showtime and putting up a hell of a dogfight against Bird's Celtics is as impressive as Duncan feasting on mediocre teams.

Someone backed me up, 1-0 me?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #100
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Struh Damus
It's also easy to forget when it doesn't help your argument. I know the foolish young minds of today love to assume, and assume that every team that wins a titles is automatically better than those that do not. Hakeem defeating Showtime and putting up a hell of a dogfight against Bird's Celtics is as impressive as Duncan feasting on mediocre teams.
But I honestly did mean to put championship instead of Finals. In case you missed it, my whole point was about winning it all. Many have put up a "dogfight" in the Finals and come up short. But what happens after that? People forget when talking about winning championship because they didn't win.

Now, if you're calling me a liar, we will cease discussion. I honestly did slip up there and what I wrote was not my intention.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #101
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Question, did anyone back you up?

Yes, GoBB in post #70 of this thread.

I never said Duncan was better than Hakeem. You have quite obviously missed the point, young man. It's all about championships. You missed it horribly.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #102
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
But what happens after that? People forget when talking about winning championship because they didn't win.

Duncan could NOT beat an elite team ONCE to his 3 championships...he got smoked by LA every year in those dynasty years.

Hakeem had to face Boston, Show-Time Lakers, Bulls, Utah, Seattle...you know REAL competition, your arrogant ass is like a router, keeps telling us the same sh*t over and over again.

Smush Parker was the MAN on the streets, he was a legend on street courts, he beat everyone on there...does that make him better then someone like Tony Parker?

Point is, Hakeem played in a tougher era...won 2 titles, put up similar numbers...he might not have AS many accomplishments as Duncan but at least the ones he has were very TOUGH to achieve, unlike Duncan. I'd rather fight a pitbull and get some licks...then fight a pug and get more licks.

Hakeem > Duncan, if you actually watched Hakeem play back in the day, you'd know why Hakeem is better.

Last edited by West-Side : 06-10-2007 at 07:09 PM.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #103
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
It's all about championships. You missed it horribly.

You named Jordan, Duncan, LeBron and Shaq as the most "unstoppable" forces since 85'...what does that have to do with championships?

Especially since LeBron is yet to win ONE...just give up, you got exposed in this thread...and BTW, if you were 3 years old in 86', you shouldn't be calling me a kid, hence I'm older then you.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #104
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Duncan could NOT beat an elite team ONCE to his 3 championships...he got smoked by LA every year in those dynasty years.

Hakeem had to face Boston, Show-Time Lakers, Bulls, Utah, Seattle...you know REAL competition, your arrogant ass is like a router, keeps telling us the same sh*t over and over again.

Smush Parker was the MAN on the streets, he was a legend on street courts, he beat everyone on there...does that make him better then someone like Tony Parker?

Point is, Hakeem played in a tougher era...won 2 titles, put up similar numbers...he might not have AS many accomplishments as Duncan but at least the one he has were very TOUGH to achieve, unlike Duncan. I'd rather fight a pitbull and get some licks...then fight a pug and get more licks.

Hakeem > Duncan, if you actually watched Hakeem play back in the day, you'd know why Hakeem is better.
Still missing the point.......



This is funny.

Will someone explain to him what I meant by "rarefied air" when I mentioned Jordan, Shaq, and Duncan (omitting LeBron since I already admitted I was getting ahead of myself)?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #105
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
You named Jordan, Duncan, LeBron and Shaq as the most "unstoppable" forces since 85'...what does that have to do with championships?

Especially since LeBron is yet to win ONE...just give up, you got exposed on this thread...and BTW, if you were 3 years old in 86', you shouldn't be calling me a kid, hence I'm older then you.
Dumbass, read this.

Quote:
I am being a bit presumptuous by putting LeBron in that so fast

Quote:
And you also have a selective memory. You keep b!tching about my inclusion of LeBron James despite the fact that I already admitted that it was presumptuous on my part.

Quote:
Will someone explain to him what I meant by "rarefied air" when I mentioned Jordan, Shaq, and Duncan (omitting LeBron since I already admitted I was getting ahead of myself)?

How many more times do you want me to admit that I shouldn't have included LeBron James?

Oh.....you want to keep using that as an argument against me so you won't make light of the fact that I have repeatedly said I shouldn't have included Mr. James.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy