Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 06-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default The Wizards are coming apart.

Seeing that Gil Zero will opt out his contract and Deshawn Stevenson and Jarvis Hayes might leave too. What will become of the Wizards?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: The Wizards are coming apart.

they will make the NBA Finals
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Seeing that Gil Zero will opt out his contract and Deshawn Stevenson and Jarvis Hayes might leave too. What will become of the Wizards?

agent zero said he was opting out?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
agent zero said he was opting out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2899563

Quote:
"To me, it's just a smarter business decision to play next season, opt out and then be able to sign a long-term deal that is going to keep me in one place," Arenas said, according to The Washington Post.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time

damn, washington is in trouble.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
damn, washington is in trouble.

Gil will remain a Wiz, at least in my opinion. I think he's just opting out in order to get a longer/bigger contract, and the Wizards can offer the most, so expect him to remain a Wizard.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Gil will remain a Wiz, at least in my opinion. I think he's just opting out in order to get a longer/bigger contract, and the Wizards can offer the most, so expect him to remain a Wizard.

co sign. The fans here love him too much, he doesn't seem the type to leave suddenly. And i don't know about Shawn and Jarvis leaving.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah, what will become of us when Gilbert gets the max deal he deserves, Deshawn gets resigned and invaluable Jarvis Hayes departs? We'll be lucky to win 20 games.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

And Jamison is becoming an unrestricted after this season.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #10
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Yeah, what will become of us when Gilbert gets the max deal he deserves, Deshawn gets resigned and invaluable Jarvis Hayes departs? We'll be lucky to win 20 games.

You really think so? Even if Hayes leaves, Nick Young can make up for what we'll miss from Hayes scoring-wise. Not to mention the dude from Ukraine Pecherov(I think that's how it's spelled), plus the young guys like Roger Mason and Donnell Taylor and Blatche will have improved due to their experience in the playoffs. And don't forget Caron's coming back too. Offensively, we'll actually be much more balanced I think, because up until last season we were so dependent on the Big Three. We never really had enough firepower outside of them to spell them, which killed us when injuries hit late in the season.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
You really think so? Even if Hayes leaves, Nick Young can make up for what we'll miss from Hayes scoring-wise. Not to mention the dude from Ukraine Pecherov(I think that's how it's spelled), plus the young guys like Roger Mason and Donnell Taylor and Blatche will have improved due to their experience in the playoffs. And don't forget Caron's coming back too. Offensively, we'll actually be much more balanced I think, because up until last season we were so dependent on the Big Three. We never really had enough firepower outside of them to spell them, which killed us when injuries hit late in the season.
sarcasm...
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Gil said that the Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, or Mavericks are the teams that Gil might want top lay for when he opts out.

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/?p=1269
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
MikeRo72
I airball my layups

MikeRo72 has an OK reputation so far

Opt out doesnt mean he is opting to leave DC. It means he is opting to use his right to become a free agent (to get new contract). IMO he isnt going anywhere. DC has as good a shot at the 1 seed as Clev,Det, Chi and NJ
MikeRo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Still doubtful he leaves. Very few top stars leave as a free agent these days. Only a few teams ever have real cap room for them
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #15
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

Well it would be a s+t, naturally, but I concur with most here- he's likely going to re-up with DC. Jamison is another matter. I've said for a while that they need to deal him asap because they simply dont have the assets to contend otherwise, given that they wont have room for any FAs.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: