Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation
Default Re: HIPPOS New Top 66 Prospect Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Josh Howard didn't disappear at Wake Forest and had 0 red flags.

He was overlooked in his draft. There are legitimate concerns about Marcus Williams that are pushing him into possibly the 2nd round.

But hey, he's your guy this year like Ronnie Brewer was my guy last year.

It's not fair to compare two players based on that though. Underappreciated guys like Howard can become stars as can players with some question marks but a lot of talent. To say he won't have the same game because of that is ignoring history. Caron Butler went to jail 8 times?
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Since you went as young as 16, check out guys like Renardo Sidney and Lance Stephenson, or do they not qualify for your criteria?

I felt wrong about even adding Rubio because you don't really have a true idea of how good he might be. I like to wait until players are a year to two away from being drafted. Too me he's as sure a bet as possible though so I added him.

Every other player around that age won't be added until they're 18. I'll have a better idea of what they can do against better comp. and with a more mature game.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice, McNeal!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
BTW, for those that are wondering, McRoberts and and M. Williams will be the biggest steals in the draft. Horford and Green will be the biggest let downs....
Derrick Byars going outside the lottery will be a bigger steal than Marcus Williams. As long as the Knicks land one of those guys at #23 I'm good.

I couldn't agree more about Horford and Green. I've seen Horford go as high as #3 on some mocks. Both have ability but I never understood why people were so high on either of them.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #20
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Top 5 Should Look Like This:

1. Greg Oden- Ohio State (Freshman)

2. OJ Mayo- HS (Senior)

3. Kevin Durant- Texas (Freshman)

4. Derrick Rose- HS (Senior)

5. Michael Beasley- HS (Senior)
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #21
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

I personally think Nicolas Batum should be in the top 10. That dude outplayed all US top highschool prospects during the Nike invitational. Which includes Rose, Mayo, and the US team.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #22
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Why does everyone like Derrick Rose? Only watched him once but I wasn't "wow'ed" at all.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #23
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know why you like Noah so much. He should be down in the mid 20's. Al Horford is definitely better than Noah.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #24
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I find it impressive that you've actually taken enough time out of your life (and money, no doubt) to actually see all these guys enough times on TV to accurately rank them. It must be tough seeing five or six, say, Nevada games, nevermind international ones.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #25
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I don't know why you like Noah so much. He should be down in the mid 20's. Al Horford is definitely better than Noah.
Noahs intangible ability is so much greater then Horfrauds, I dont know why people fail to see that.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM   #26
Da KO King

While you guys are explaining the love affair with Derrick Rose can you also explain why people give me the stinkeye when I say Al Horford is nothing special?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #27
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
While you guys are explaining the love affair with Derrick Rose can you also explain why people give me the stinkeye when I say Al Horford is nothing special?
I agree.

But he is a damn good traveller isnt he
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Derrick Rose is an athletic beast with scoring ability and decent vision.

Al Horford has protypical size for the PF spot and a NBA body. He is a good help defender and has solid not great low post moves. If he works on a consistent jumper from the outside he can be another Boozer-esque player.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #29
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan

the problem is that noah doesnt have any real basketball skills. he runs around like a madman with a stupid hair cut. in college it works because he's bigger than everybody.. its not gonna work in the NBA, i cant wait to see him get owned.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #30
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
the problem is that noah doesnt have any real basketball skills. he runs around like a madman with a stupid hair cut. in college it works because he's bigger than everybody.. its not gonna work in the NBA, i cant wait to see him get owned.
I thought we were talking about Joakim Noah and not Andy Vareajo? :)

Honestly, J-Noah and Andy are the same kat. Noah will probably be a better passer between the two so he'll have more value but they are essentially the same guy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: