Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #31
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: HIPPOS New Top 66 Prospect Rankings

Quote:
45. Jason Smith- Colorado State (Junior)

Man, I played against him in high school and Nick Fazekas and they both sucked, especially Fazekas who was a year older than me. He cherry picked to get his only dunk and I blocked one of his threes. My team beat both of theirs, and now they're both going to be millionaires.

God damned 7-footers. I'm a bitter a*shole.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #32
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I thought we were talking about Joakim Noah and not Andy Vareajo? :)

Honestly, J-Noah and Andy are the same kat. Noah will probably be a better passer between the two so he'll have more value but they are essentially the same guy.

yup, exactly. and to think that the second coming of varejao is a top 10 NBA prospect and will be a high first round draft pick

that type of **** makes me think i could be an NBA GM.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #33
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I thought we were talking about Joakim Noah and not Andy Vareajo? :)

Honestly, J-Noah and Andy are the same kat. Noah will probably be a better passer between the two so he'll have more value but they are essentially the same guy.
lol @ andy v.

he competes with manu for worst flopper in the L
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #34
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
yup, exactly. and to think that the second coming of varejao is a top 10 NBA prospect and will be a high first round draft pick

that type of **** makes me think i could be an NBA GM.
You could. Like I said in the thread about Basketball Digest's mock 2004 Draft, NBA execs are not the basketball gurus the general public gives them credit for being.

Look at the Darko Milicic situation in 2003.

I met a scout for the Raptors earlier this year who said most of the scouting grunts (guys who get sent on the road and file reports only to have those reports ignored or trumped by Jay Bilas and Chad Ford doing a special on ESPN) said of all the scouts he spoke to only about half had seen more than one game from Darko. He added that those that had all questioned his work ethic/heart. Lo and behold Darko still hasn't reached his potential.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #35
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Man, I played against him in high school and Nick Fazekas and they both sucked, especially Fazekas who was a year older than me. He cherry picked to get his only dunk and I blocked one of his threes. My team beat both of theirs, and now they're both going to be millionaires.

God damned 7-footers. I'm a bitter a*shole.
how tall are you man? Thats pretty impressive that you blocked his shot (even if he is a stiff). Why arent you getting drafted?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #36
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
I did one a few months ago so some changes have had to be made. This is for all players, not just players in this year's draft (most will be drafted within the next two years). This is purely who I think the best prospects are.

1. Greg Oden- Ohio State (Freshman)
2. Derrick Rose- HS (Senior)
3. Kevin Durant- Texas (Freshman)
4. Chase Budinger- Arizona (Freshman)
5. Michael Beasley- HS (Senior)
6. OJ Mayo- HS (Senior)
7. Julian Wright- Kansas (Sophmore)
8. Joakim Noah- Florida (Junior)
9. Eric Gordon- HS (Senior)
10. Brandan Wright- North Carolina (Freshman)
11. Kevin Love- HS (Senior)
12. Marcus Williams- Arizona (Sophmore)
13. Danilo Gallinari- International (18 years old)
14. Ricky Rubio- PG (16 years old) Yes, itís way too early
15. Yi Jianlian- International (19 years old)
16. Spencer Hawes- Washington (Freshman)
17. Josh McRoberts- Duke (Sophmore)
18. Mike Conley Jr.- Ohio State (Freshman)
19. Nick Young- USC (Junior)
20. Corey Brewer- Florida (Junior)
21. Nicolas Batum- International (18 years old)
22. Al Horford- Florida (Junior)
23. Darren Collison- UCLA (Sophmore)
24. Acie Law- Texas A&M (Senior)
25. Jeff Green- Georgetown (Junior)
26. Taj Gibson- USC (Freshman [21])
27. Ty Lawson- North Carolina (Freshman)
28. Kyle Singler- HS (Senior)
29. Thaddeus Young- Georgia Tech (Freshman)
30. Brook Lopez- Stanford (Freshman)
31. Marco Belinelli- International (21 years old)
32. Roy Hibbert- Georgetown (Junior)
33. Al Thornton- Florida State (Senior)
34. Raymar Morgan- Michigan State (Freshman)
35. Bill Walker- Kansas State (Freshman)
36. Darrel Arthur- Kansas (Freshman)
37. Rudy Fernandez- International (21 years old)
38. Rodney Stuckey- Eastern Washington (Sophmore)
39. Tiago Splitter- International (22 years old)
40. Brandon Rush- Kansas (Sophmore)
41. Dominic James- Marquette (Sophmore)
42. Stephan Curry- Davidson (Freshman)
43. Kosta Koufos- HS (Senior)
44. DJ Augustine- Texas (Freshman)
45. Jason Smith- Colorado State (Junior)
46. Javaris Crittenton- Georgia Tech (Freshman)
47. Daequan Cook- Ohio State (Freshman)
48. Hasheem Thabeet- UConn (Freshman)
49. Derrick Byars- Vanderbilt (Senior)
50. Jerryd Bayless- HS (Senior)
51. Gabe Pruitt- USC (Junior)
52. Morris Almond- Rice (Senior)
53. Arron Afflalo- UCLA (Junior)
54. Tyler Hansbrough- North Carolina (Sophmore)
55. Aaron Gray- Pittsburgh (Sophmore)
56. Sean Singletary- Virginia (Junior)
57. Jared Dudley- Boston College (Senior)
58. Jerel McNeal- Marquette (Sophmore)
59. Jeff Pendergraph- Arizona State (Sophmore)
60. Chris Lofton- Tennessee (Junior)
61. Ante Tomic-International (20 years old)
62. Nick Fazekas- Nevada (Senior)
63. DeVon Hardin- California (Junior)
64. Ron Steele- Alabama (Junior)
65. Glen Davis- LSU (Junior)
66. Alando Tucker- Wisconsin (Senior)

Pretty much perfect.
Chase Budinger, Marcus Williams, Yi Jianlian, Stephan Curry, and Ante Tomic are ranked too high.

Curry and Tomic shouldn't be on this list at all. Yi is just overrated all together. I know you have serious man feelings for Marcus Williams and we've already been down that path. I just don't see the big deal with Budinger.

All in all, pretty damn good list. I can't disagree too much.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #37
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
how tall are you man? Thats pretty impressive that you blocked his shot (even if he is a stiff). Why arent you getting drafted?

I'm 6'3, I had some pretty good hops for a white guy back in high school. I actually played JuCo a year on scholarship but I had my calling elsewhere so I left to go to film school.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #38
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I find it impressive that you've actually taken enough time out of your life (and money, no doubt) to actually see all these guys enough times on TV to accurately rank them. It must be tough seeing five or six, say, Nevada games, nevermind international ones.

Thanks. I got enough money to watch pretty much anything whenever I want. The only problem are the headaches from watching too many games on the computer.

Quote:
Chase Budinger, Marcus Williams, Yi Jianlian, Stephan Curry, and Ante Tomic are ranked too high.

Chase is the next great sg. Williams as you said I've talked about enough. Tomic is at 61....overrated? lol

Stop hating Curry. He'll be a mid major pg prospect that actually lives up to the hype (unlike Jared Jordan).

Last edited by hippos : 06-11-2007 at 10:28 PM.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #39
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

corey brewer at 20???
Roy Hibbert- Georgetown at 32?????????
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #40
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
Chase is the next great sg. Williams as you said I've talked about enough. Tomic is at 61....overrated? lol

Stop hating Curry. He'll be a mid major pg prospect that actually lives up to the hype (unlike Jared Jordan).
1. Chase Budinger = great?

2. Tomic is garbage. The next Bruno Sundov.

3. I don't hate Curry nor am I hating on him. I just think he shouldn't be on a top 66 or top 70 list right now. But maybe my criteria is different than your's is.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #41
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
1. Chase Budinger = great?

2. Tomic is garbage. The next Bruno Sundov.

3. I don't hate Curry nor am I hating on him. I just think he shouldn't be on a top 66 or top 70 list right now. But maybe my criteria is different than your's is.

What is your criteria?

Budinger is almost the perfect player. Athletic, has a jumper, is a playmaker, ability to be good NBA defender, good instincts, good behaviour, good learner...how many players are like that coming out of college? He was only a freshman too.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #42
fatboy11

Where is Donte Green and Paul Harris from Syracuse?

There are two players that I would put in there over Tomic and Curry any day of the week.

What about DeAndre Jordan from Texas A&M?

Chris Douglas-Roberts from Memphis?

DJ White from Indiana?

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute from UCLA?

What about Wayne Ellington (UNC) and Gerald Henderson (Duke)?

I could probably name 20 guys that are better prospects than Curry and Tomic.

But like I said, your list is good. I think the problems I had with your list only support that. There aren't really any major injustices.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #43
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Chris Douglas-Roberts from Memphis?

DJ White from Indiana?

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute from UCLA?

What about Wayne Ellington (UNC) and Gerald Henderson (Duke)?

CDR....I can dribble better than him. He's like Carney divided by 100.

White....can't rebound worth a damn and doesn't make up for it by being a perimter type big. He's a low post player and can't rebound...great. Sucks in a lot of big games too.

Mbah a Moute....regressed this season. Maybe he should be on the list because he is a decent player and showed signs this year of being an NBA sf, but really never takes over a game. I mean Julian Wright looked more confident on the court than him. Does he want to be great? Like I said though, with the skill he shows in very small spurts, he'd be a top 50 player.

Ellington and Henderson are not better than anyone on that list right now as prospects. Not one and it's not close for me.

The other highschoolers on the list are in the same boat. They don't make me believe they will be better than anyone on that list. They can be, but this is what I think will happen.

And I have no problem bickering about small things. They're usually the most fun and refreshing.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 PM   #44
fatboy11

DJ White would whore Ante Tomic.

Stephan Curry is a better prospect than Wayne Ellington and Gerald Henderson? Wow.

Mbah a Moute was injured this season. But yes, he did regress. I can see your point there. But still, the skills and potential should be enough to put him in a top 66 list. Especially if you are going to put Ronald Steele on that list.........

I think you have underrated Douglas-Roberts.

Paul Harris wasn't a high schooler last year. He's a great defender and super athletic. Again........Ante Tomic? What is good about him?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #45
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
DJ White would whore Ante Tomic.

Stephan Curry is a better prospect than Wayne Ellington and Gerald Henderson? Wow.

Mbah a Moute was injured this season. But yes, he did regress. I can see your point there. But still, the skills and potential should be enough to put him in a top 66 list. Especially if you are going to put Ronald Steele on that list.........

I think you have underrated Douglas-Roberts.

Paul Harris wasn't a high schooler last year. He's a great defender and super athletic. Again........Ante Tomic? What is good about him?

Explain what is there to like about Douglas. He benefits from a system that allows crappy players like him and Carney to succeed.

Right now DJ White may whore Tomic, but this is a prospects list. To clarify, when I said the other players weren't good enough, I meant I don't see them ever being better than the players on the list already. There's a lot of assumptions of course.

I really don't like Ellington. Mccants with less athleticism and likes to stay outside too much. Doesn't have the ability to alter his style too much either. I like Henderson a bit more, but not more impressive than those on the list.

Mbah a Moute is on the list. You've talked me into it....even with the horrible season I'll take a chance.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: