Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: $$$ and stuff-- how important are they in your life?

Or become a doctor. Fack my doctor sees me for what 10 mins? His physicians assistants do all the work he just comes in looks at me grabs my balls and walks out. LOL

Of course he spent all his highschool and college and med school working his ass off. Here to relate it to basketball. Take a good defensive player like bowen, he is guarding lebron, and lebron is fighting for postion in the post. If you slack off and let him down there wait until he gets the ball, you are gonna have a lot worse time if you forced him out as far as you can away from the basket and has to fight through you with. So if you work hard early its better than working hard late.

Lol has nothing to do with anything but so what.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #32
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
you cant make real money until you go into business for yourself. The salary man is the biggest sucker in the game, thinks he's caking it with his nice ride and cush pad when he is basically an endentured servant with nice toys, and occasional distraction.

Exactly..... most people have no idea how to play the game
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #33
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Or become a doctor. Fack my doctor sees me for what 10 mins? His physicians assistants do all the work he just comes in looks at me grabs my balls and walks out. LOL

Of course he spent all his highschool and college and med school working his ass off. Here to relate it to basketball. Take a good defensive player like bowen, he is guarding lebron, and lebron is fighting for postion in the post. If you slack off and let him down there wait until he gets the ball, you are gonna have a lot worse time if you forced him out as far as you can away from the basket and has to fight through you with. So if you work hard early its better than working hard late.

Lol has nothing to do with anything but so what.

becomign a doctor is no walk in the park.

the premed, MCAT, med school, USMLE Steps, residency, will drive the mentally weak to suicide... literally.

and most doctors make hefty salaries (average $160,000) but that is not millionaire status.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #34
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

A 9-5 ac'd office is a hellva lot better than ****ing McDonalds or the local plant.... Trust me. If you would rather bust your ass off in a feed plant alll day tearing your body up go ahead. All take the computer, AC, Clean Environment, and higher pay.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #35
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
becomign a doctor is no walk in the park.

the premed, MCAT, med school, USMLE Steps, residency, will drive the mentally weak to suicide... literally.

and most doctors make hefty salaries (average $160,000) but that is not millionaire status.

Obviously thats why its called work. If it was easy they wouldn't be making 300k a year.

And no its not millionaire status, but if you invest your money in a house, play the stocks, put an ass load in the bank. You can retire at 55-60 and have more money than you'll know what to do with.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #36
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
I beg to differ, The types of rich people you are reffering to are ones that are marketed to us and advertised. How bout the rich folks at enron. The oil rich people that are in positions of power because of nepotism. There are more rich people that are in positions of power because of where and who they were born too.

again, you can put that under "inherited". and i wouldn't agree that they are a majority. truly richest people are mostly creators and inovators of various kinds.

JtotheIzzo:
"salary man" works eight hours a day, five or six days in week.
one which has his own business works 24/7, in one way or another.

and not coincidentally, guys with their own businesses also earn much more.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #37
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
again, you can put that under "inherited". and i wouldn't agree that they are a majority. truly richest people are mostly creators and inovators of various kinds.

You dont have to agree but all evidence shows that most of the richest people in the world inherited their fortunes although they made them grow they were still rich to begin with. The growth of the top 1 percent of the population is so disparportionate to the rest of the population it is shamefull. I will cite one such stufy which examined the forbes 400 richest list. "Born on Third Base," a new study by the Boston-based United for a Fair Economy, shows that a majority of the Forbes 400 inherited their way onto the list, inherited already substantial and profitable companies, or received key start-up capital from a family member.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #38
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default $$$$$$$life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I think you're wrong. Millionaires work their asses off. They're pretty much workaholics. It's just that their work isn't measured in picked apples or washed cars. Their work is done with brain. This doesn't go to all those Hollywood celeberties who get payd for showing their cute faces to photographers.

they come in all shapes and sizes-- hard working and those who have inherited it and have a bloated sense of entitlement

there are millionaires who have scrimped and saved and not spent any money during their lives, and once they die leave it all to charitable causes and no one in their lives would have ever guessed they had that much money because of their lifestyle
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #39
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bet 90 percent of millionaires who aren't athletes or movie stars works at LEAST 80 hours a week.

Most have no family lives, and are slaves to the company they own/work for.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #40
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

highly important. i want to be stable and well cushioned so that means financially. i want a somewhat new home with nice furnishings and up to par electronic appliances. that's just a simple dream for someone brought up in hardship. i wouldn't want to start a family and go through the same thing again. that's why i've changed my outlook about the future (i lost focus in high school) and take college seriously.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #41
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

money is important for me to buy stuff because stuff is a good assistant in you having a good time with friends.

people use a boat as a good excuse to go out and enjoy the day with their friends
people use the golf clubs as an excuse to get 3 hours with their friends.

also as for the millionaires i know... most worked 80 hour weeks at the beginning and now consider 45 hour weeks to be "part-time" and the few that didnt have to create everything themselves they still work 45 hours atleast... but they are all set to retire at the ages of 50...

so really its a lifestyle choice...

i've decided i can work 50 hours a week for only the first 5 or so years and am not willing to ruin the middle of my life because of work...

although it might be a lot harder to stick to my word when the money is flowing in...
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 AM   #42
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I bet 90 percent of millionaires who aren't athletes or movie stars works at LEAST 80 hours a week.

Most have no family lives, and are slaves to the company they own/work for.

co-sign...that's what i'm talking about. and most of them do know what they're doing, even if they inherited the company or something like that. i mean you couldn't pick an average joe from the street and put him in company owner's shoes with same or similar results, like many people tend to think.

starting capital plays a great part, of course. but people that aren't willing to work hard don't manage to ENLARGE it. in other words, they don't really EARN any money. and some of them even manage to destroy it entirely.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #43
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

SO what?

I know single moms who work 80 hours a week busting their ass to make a minimum wage to feed their families...

hard work does not = more money
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #44
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default listening to others

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
Its not human nature to want things and contnue to be part of the rat race, we have been taught these things within the capitalist system. The fruits of our labour are never equal to the amount of labour put in unless you are at the top where the fruits of your labour will far outweigh your contributions.

this is my point

we are living what our culture tells us that it is hard to get perspective on how we really live and how these values affect our lives

ever really listen to a recent immigrant or someone who lives in another culture and their views on the lifestyle here in the usa?

they give us a means to get outside our own views and try to see things as they are and not as madison avenue or bill gates tells us it should be

a reflective person can change perspectives and how he or she lives
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #45
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
SO what?

I know single moms who work 80 hours a week busting their ass to make a minimum wage to feed their families...

hard work does not = more money

You are totally right. I was just going along with the topic of conversation about millionaires.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: