Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #676
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Get to know my views on the game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Prime T-Mac or Prime Grant Hill
I have to go with Hill. The world missed out on what would have been one of the greatest careers ever when Hill destroyed his ankle playing for Detroit.

To make a simply though admittedly not 100% dead-on comparison, Grant Hill after Alan Houston went to New York was an early version of LeBron James. I add the "Alan Houston" part because after Houston left Hill become noticeably more aggressive on the floor. Around the same time the Pistons lost Houston there were stories about players around the league saying Hill was soft or too nice. Hill began playing with a chip on his shoulder and it was insane. He literally did any and everything on the floor.

Tract McGrady was a phenomenal scorer. However, there were stretches where that is all McGrady was good for.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #677
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

I see.

Greatest center of all time Wilt, Russel or Kareem.

And Prime Marbury or Prime Steve Francais?
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #678
AirJordan23
Local High School Star

AirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
10. Your all time starting five (from all players ever)?
You want my five favorite, who I feel would make the best team, or who I feel are the best at each position?

All Time Favorite guys
PG Alvin Williams
SG Steve Smith
SF Dominique Wilkins
PF Shawn Kemp
C Hakeem Olajuwon

Best functioning team
PG John Stockton
SG Michael Jordan
SF Scottie Pippen
PF Karl Malone
C Hakeem Olajuwon

Best by position
PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF Larry Bird
PF Tim Duncan (this is extremely close but I pick Duncan to have the Twin Tower effect)
C Hakeem Olajuwon
AirJordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #679
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Haha we see who loves Hakeem
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #680
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Haha we see who loves Hakeem
Yeah. Even though he's widely recognized as an all time great I think Hakeem is under-rated when most people are asked all time best center.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #681
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
I see.

=XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #682
Da KO King

Quote:

Of that group I'd rank in as both on-court effectiveness and career achievement.

On-court I'd say Wilt, Kareem, then Russell. Career wise then its Russell, Kareem, then Wilt.

As for the guard Stephon Marbury was a far superior player to Steve Francis. The numbers during their primes are similar but the on-court play was worlds apart. Francis had no use other than an isolation slasher. His predictable game (if going right Francis would go all the way to the rim, if left he'd shoot a pull-up) and over reliance on athleticism is what ended his effectiveness.

Prior to becoming the best scoring option on New Jersey, PHoenix, or New York Stephon Marbury was a "real" PG.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #683
Da KO King

Super bored at work so I started a basketball blog.

http://randomhoopsthoughts.blogspot.com/

First post is on Ricky Rubio. Giving the blog primary release though so you guys gotta wait for the copy paste.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #684
Da KO King

LeBron's performance in Cleveland

I've decided that this is what LeBron's performance on his return to Cleveland reminds me of. Sonny Lospecchio
Old 12-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #685
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Bigger wasted potential

Rasheed or Vince
Old 12-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #686
Da KO King

Quote:
Bigger wasted potential

Rasheed or Vince
I'd say Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed when he focused on being a low post threat and only shooting jumpers as needed was/is a Hall of Fame/All Time Great PF level talent. Inside Sheed decided to become a shooter and now will end up being remembered as a really good but not great player. Wallace will be remembered among the Shawn Kemps and Larry Nances of the past instead of the Charles Barkleys and Karl Malones.

Vince Carter has been a GREAT SG. If you put his name up against some of the truly elite players at that position he more than holds his own. Carter's problem is that because he's not breaking out the jaw-dropping dunks people think he's physically finished, and he has a horrid personality. Unlike Kobe Bryant, who gets away with his dickish behavior because he has the "tortured genius" vibe, Vince just comes off as uninterested and lazy.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #687
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

what i want to ask is how would you manage a frontcourt with boozer noah and kurt thomas against boston's depth or an elite post player like dwight in a 7 game series. specifically how would you handle each situation defensively. if you care to add any thoughts about the offensive side or how the team rosters affect the matchup id like some of that too.

also what are some of your favorite team plays to watch out of a timeout. it doesnt have to be current but id really like it if you could list maybe one current team and a short summary of the play and why you believe it is so effective.

thanks in advance/
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #688
Da KO King

Totally forgot I did this. This was a fun thread.

Don't want to bump for the sake of bumping though.....

Basketball analytic site/software Really cool and the demo functions very well.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #689
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'd say Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed when he focused on being a low post threat and only shooting jumpers as needed was/is a Hall of Fame/All Time Great PF level talent. Inside Sheed decided to become a shooter and now will end up being remembered as a really good but not great player. Wallace will be remembered among the Shawn Kemps and Larry Nances of the past instead of the Charles Barkleys and Karl Malones.

Vince Carter has been a GREAT SG. If you put his name up against some of the truly elite players at that position he more than holds his own. Carter's problem is that because he's not breaking out the jaw-dropping dunks people think he's physically finished, and he has a horrid personality. Unlike Kobe Bryant, who gets away with his dickish behavior because he has the "tortured genius" vibe, Vince just comes off as uninterested and lazy.

Vince drives me nuts in how little he seems to care. You could even see this weekend, they lose he's still happy as ****. Why are you happy as **** ten seconds after losing? I don't think players needs to punish themselves but more than ten seconds of reflection would be nice.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #690
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Vince drives me nuts in how little he seems to care. You could even see this weekend, they lose he's still happy as ****. Why are you happy as **** ten seconds after losing? I don't think players needs to punish themselves but more than ten seconds of reflection would be nice.
When you been in the league as long as he has, get paid as much as he does, and know that you have another game right around the corner it is tough to be emotionally invested.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: