Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #31
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Congrates Cavaliers. Now you can find a way to unload Z's contract. And while LeBron deserves all the credit in the world for getting the Cavs to Game 7 against Detroit, he also deserves some criticism for not understanding the power of his voice within the organization. It was him that went on the forefront to support the resigning of Z last season. Given the fact LeBron was entering his decision making year regarding his contract, the Cavaliers, imo, had no choice to, not only re-sign Z, but to show the initiative to LeBron by essentially bidding against themselves. You add all that up and you have a bloated 5-year 55 million contract to a player that will be offering a diminshed product during the span of that contract.

Bottomline here, The King chose wrong there.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #32
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Congrates Cavaliers. Now you can find a way to unload Z's contract. And while LeBron deserves all the credit in the world for getting the Cavs to Game 7 against Detroit, he also deserves some criticism for not understanding the power of his voice within the organization. It was him that went on the forefront to support the resigning of Z last season. Given the fact LeBron was entering his decision making year regarding his contract, the Cavaliers, imo, had no choice to, not only re-sign Z, but to show the initiative to LeBron by essentially bidding against themselves. You add all that up and you have a bloated 5-year 55 million contract to a player that will be offering a diminshed product during the span of that contract.

Bottomline here, The King chose wrong there.
Agree completely. The Cavs organization is being blamed for something that was caused by LeBron. I don't think he should be a GM when he retires because anyone with two eyes could see that Z never fit with this team.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #33
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Let the Cleveland Dynasty begin! BUT, it would be nice to unload both Z and Eric Snow Blow's contracts.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #34
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah, RBA, tell me after that travesty of performance by Z in the playoffs, particularly Game 7, LeBron's not kicking himself in the teeth.

And to show you how horrible Z was in the playoffs...for all the talk of the Cavs role players not stepping up in Game 7, I guess you can't blame Z because his 9 points that night, matched his PLAYOFF AVERAGE!!! What a f*cking joke. I stil can't shake that guys performance from my head.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #35
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, he can somehow force a trade to place where he wants to go. And then Cavs will get compensation.

He'll force his way to the Nets and Nets will give up Jefferson/Krstic to get him....just wait another two years....

Does Lebron really wanna be the next Kevin Garnett? Stuck in a small town, with minimal supporting cast ruining his career?

He's a fool. He should force his way to the big market and let Nike pay him $100 million more, and then more endorsements.....

Last edited by bagelred : 07-08-2006 at 11:06 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #36
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

i wouldn't doubt that this was all about Bron being the last of his class (Melo, Wade) to sign his extension. Kinda like a celebrity being "fashionably late" to a party.

still, isn't he only like 25 or 26 when this deal is up? Cleveland's not out of the woods just yet.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #37
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

you did the right thing Lebron. PROPZ
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #38
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Yeah, he can somehow force a trade to place where he wants to go. And then Cavs will get compensation.

He'll force his way to the Nets and Nets will give up Jefferson/Krstic to get him....just wait another two years....

Does Lebron really wanna be the next Kevin Garnett? Stuck in a small town, with minimal supporting cast ruining his career?

He's a fool. He should force his way to the big market and let Nike pay him $100 million more, and then more endorsements.....
STFU!

I guess that is what this should be about, huh? Making money? Getting endorsements? Maybe LeBron has a little more respect and love for his hometown than you do? Maybe he wants to be the next Jim Brown and take Cleveland to a well overdue title?

It is pretty sad that these basketball "fans" would want a guy to follow the money and leave his hometown in the dust chasing the almighty dollar.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #39
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Gooden is vastly overrated. It is no coincidence that he has played on 3 teams in his 5 years. The guy has no consistency. I feel more comfortable with Varejao on the floor than I do with Gooden. Atleast I know that Anderson is going to hustle and go 100% at all times. Gooden falls asleep during the course of most games.

I'm hoping they sign & trade Gooden... Hopefully for a PG who has atleast a little range and can run the floor.

Agreed. I'd start Varejao instead and let Gooden reflect on his lazyass attitude. Make him fight for his minutes instead of starting that fool. Varejao was also much more effective in the playoffs compared to Gooden.
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #40
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

No person on earth needs 100 million dollars and neither does Lebron because he will make that several times over regardless of the Nike kicker deal. Playing in a big market ain't as big of a deal now as it used to be. This is the internet age and people have access to players with the click of a button. He will carry a large fanbase regardless of where he is because he is the once in a generation type of talent that transcends those barriers. I would believe that he would want to stay loyal to his hometown. 100 million is nice but come on, the Cavs will draw the right kind of talent with a guy like Lebron on board. If they have the dollars in free agency any year, I am sure Cleveland would be top choice for players that want to be on a nationally televised contender with the possible heir to the throne on their side. Lebron just doesn't strike me as the kind of ruthless money making machine that some of you claim he is.
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiTViZiOnZ
No person on earth needs 100 million dollars and neither does Lebron because he will make that several times over regardless of the Nike kicker deal. Playing in a big market ain't as big of a deal now as it used to be. This is the internet age and people have access to players with the click of a button. He will carry a large fanbase regardless of where he is because he is the once in a generation type of talent that transcends those barriers. I would believe that he would want to stay loyal to his hometown. 100 million is nice but come on, the Cavs will draw the right kind of talent with a guy like Lebron on board. If they have the dollars in free agency any year, I am sure Cleveland would be top choice for players that want to be on a nationally televised contender with the possible heir to the throne on their side. Lebron just doesn't strike me as the kind of ruthless money making machine that some of you claim he is.

You sound like a broke motherphucker. U mad?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #42
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You sound like a broke motherphucker. U mad?

He was typing sense GOBB, something you obviously know nothing about. I'm going to follow you around for a week, to stop you post-whoring stupid crappy posts. Trying to start up arguments with anyone and everyone. Dude, you're a joke. It's much better when you focus on basketball instead of being an e-clown.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #43
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re;

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiTViZiOnZ

in an interview, Lebron did mention he wanted to be the richest man in the world.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #44
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
in an interview, Lebron did mention he wanted to be the richest man in the world.

You should delete your account, and start up a new one called: Post Whore. And see if you can recapture the lead. I think you ca ndo it, I have faith in you. :rollingeyes:
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #45
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
You should delete your account, and start up a new one called: Post Whore. And see if you can recapture the lead. I think you ca ndo it, I have faith in you. :rollingeyes:

i'll find the article and post it...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: