Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation
Default Marion and Barbosa for Rasheed?

Detroit and Phoenix are talking. Right now, it's Sheed for Marion. But I think Phoenix would have to throw in another player for it to work.

Now if Detroit could get Barbosa in the deal, would they be willing to let Chauncey walk and save some money?
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marion and Barbosa for Rasheed?

lol Barbosa isnt a throw in
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If Detroit could get Barbosa and Marion for Rasheed, Joe Dumars would be apprehended by Detroit police under charges of robbery.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

No way would the Suns ever trade both Barbosa and Marion for Rasheed Wallace. Steve Kerr is too smart to do such a thing.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
Detroit and Phoenix are talking. Right now, it's Sheed for Marion. But I think Phoenix would have to throw in another player for it to work.

Now if Detroit could get Barbosa in the deal, would they be willing to let Chauncey walk and save some money?

Why would you post this? You know that Phoenix wouldn't trade those two players for Sheed aka Old Underachieving Doesn't Realize He's a Big Man Waste of Money?

Explain this please. Maybe Sheed and Rip for Barbosa, Marion and whoever....but that still looks like rape considering ages.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope you joking. Is he serious? Is he joking?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To great players for a jack ass that never had the right attitude to play to his full potential. His best years were here in Portland, but he fell off big time. Not worth either of those players straight up. He's getting old.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #8
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

lol i would rather have barbosa by himself rather than rasheed. wtf is rasheed so overated for?
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
If Detroit could get Barbosa and Marion for Rasheed, Joe Dumars would be apprehended by Detroit police under charges of robbery.

Thats a trade CED would create...and we'd roast him by saying "WTF does Phx get??? You're an idiot! Damn your trade suck!"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
Why would you post this? You know that Phoenix wouldn't trade those two players for Sheed aka Old Underachieving Doesn't Realize He's a Big Man Waste of Money?

Explain this please. Maybe Sheed and Rip for Barbosa, Marion and whoever....but that still looks like rape considering ages.

Excuse me, but i think that Sheed has had a more accomplished career than those 2 players COMBINED! He's a champion and was a consistent #1 option for most of his career.

Shawn Marion is a career role player -- 3rd best on Phoenix's team. You couldn't ever build a team around him. Barbosa is up and coming but still lacks discipline.

IMO, Phoenix would improve tremendously if they got Sheed. Him and Amare would be arguably the best front line in the West -- and you need muscle to win in the West. Naturally, Detroit could throw in a nice complimentary player or draft pick.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Excuse me, but i think that Sheed has had a more accomplished career than those 2 players COMBINED! He's a champion and was a consistent #1 option for most of his career.

Shawn Marion is a career role player -- 3rd best on Phoenix's team. You couldn't ever build a team around him. Barbosa is up and coming but still lacks discipline.

IMO, Phoenix would improve tremendously if they got Sheed. Him and Amare would be arguably the best front line in the West -- and you need muscle to win in the West. Naturally, Detroit could throw in a nice complimentary player or draft pick.

Wow what a dumbass post.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:

Myabe you should just excuse yourself out of this thread.

So their starting lineup is:

Nash
Bell
Diaw
Sheed
Amare

They have Jones and Thomas coming off the bench and that's it. Ya, great idea with the 7 man rotation. We've seen how well that has worked the last three years.:rollingeyes:

And what happens when Sheed is too old to contribute? Maybe Phoenix better hold on to those low draft picks because they're gonna need those eventual scrubs.

No wait, they can just watch Detroit murder teams with

Billups
Rip/Barbosa
Prince
Marion
Maxiell

Detroit would rule the East forever. Phoenix would like that I'm sure since they'd probably get nice christmas cards in the mail from Dumars.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #13
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

yo chop! a while back i made a thread why not a lot of teams are going after barbosa to be their starting pg cause i think he's better than most starting pg's in the league..........i ain't gonna lie, everybody was roasting me about why would the suns get rid of him when he's a bargain........everybody was ripping me apart about that..............now, itz your turn to get roasted for even considering barbosa as a throw in......................
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
To great players for a jack ass that never had the right attitude to play to his full potential. His best years were here in Portland, but he fell off big time. Not worth either of those players straight up. He's getting old.
two solid players (one very fast and thats really about it) for a player that has already put a good team over the top for a championship. Sheed has had a much better career than either of these players and is a much better bball player than either of them as well.
I wouldnt trade sheed for marion straight up and I dont think anyone would. Sure barbosa may be too much to tack on, but to downgrade sheed's ability (which admitedly he doesnt always live up to) the way some of the previous posters have is sheer madness.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thats a trade CED would create...and we'd roast him by saying "WTF does Phx get??? You're an idiot! Damn your trade suck!"
Nah, even CED's not this bad. This is like when CED makes one of his trade threads. We start ripping him about his most one-sided deal and then some idiot comes up with a trade thats even worse. Then, instead of ridiculing CED we move onto the guy who some how managed to top him.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: