Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marion and Barbosa for Rasheed?

1st of all Rasheed isn't overrated. He's a great player.

Anyways, I just heard from a friend that Phoenix offered Marion to the Pistons for......2 of Hamilton,Billups,Prince and Sheed plus their 2 first rounders this year(#15 and #27). LOL, Joe reportedy told him to F OFF. Dumars said this on a Detroit Radio Station. He didn't use his name but he strongly implied it.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #17
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

That's way to much for Rasheed. However, I wouldn't mind seeing those players packaged into a deal involving Garnett.

Last edited by The Answer : 06-12-2007 at 05:46 PM.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
two solid players (one very fast and thats really about it) for a player that has already put a good team over the top for a championship. Sheed has had a much better career than either of these players and is a much better bball player than either of them as well.
I wouldnt trade sheed for marion straight up and I dont think anyone would. Sure barbosa may be too much to tack on, but to downgrade sheed's ability (which admitedly he doesnt always live up to) the way some of the previous posters have is sheer madness.

The fact still remains he doesn't do what a 20/10 player does and to add a young 17 ppg scorer on top of that?
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
1st of all Rasheed isn't overrated. He's a great player.

Anyways, I just heard from a friend that Phoenix offered Marion to the Pistons for......2 of Hamilton,Billups,Prince and Sheed plus their 2 first rounders this year(#15 and #27). LOL, Joe reportedy told him to F OFF. Dumars said this on a Detroit Radio Station. He didn't use his name but he strongly implied it.
I would hope so. 2 starters and 2 first rounders for the king of garbage ball? Cmon off of it, marion may get his (statistically) but he has never been a game changer or the type of player to lead his team to victory. hes a third wheel type of guy. I wouldnt even trade prince straight up for him.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippos
The fact still remains he doesn't do what a 20/10 player does and to add a young 17 ppg scorer on top of that?
I would counter that stats do not mean nearly as much as playing within a team concept and winning. Something that marion has never done (look at all the bickering this last year).
Old 06-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
I wouldnt even trade prince straight up for him.

Come on, what does Prince do better than marion that warrants such a statement?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
hippos
Banned

Quote:
I would counter that stats do not mean nearly as much as playing within a team concept and winning. Something that marion has never done (look at all the bickering this last year).

I've always been the first to point out that Marion couldn't create for himself to save his life. His metal issues aren't that big of a deal imo though. Haven't really effected the team on the court I don't believe.

The fact still remains though that a 20/10 garbage player is better than Sheed. Both are great defenders when they want to be, but Marion is more versatile on the defensive end is more valuable.

Marion is also younger.

Does more on offense simply because he's every. Sheed will shoot 5 threes, post up a couple times (with varied success) and disappear for 10 minutes.

Marion disappears in the playoffs I know, but he's still provides more on both ends of the court overall.

And Sheed hurts his team more with his mental issues as his problems effect the team on the court.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #23
hippos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

I wouldn't trade Prince for Marion either.

Put both as the 1st or 2nd option and Prince is the better player. He can create for himself unlike Marion, is a better shooter and passer and is a smarter player on offense.

He's better on defense too. More versatile on offense as well.

Marion is more versatile on defense, is a better finisher (due to being more athletic, but that's it).
Old 06-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #24
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

Sheed was Detroit's best player in the playoffs this year. Forget about his ejection in game 6. He knew what was going on and the game was just about done at that point.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
The fact still remains though that a 20/10 garbage player is better than Sheed. Both are great defenders when they want to be, but Marion is more versatile on the defensive end is more valuable.
Sheed is a much better post defender (both man and help) than Marion. Marion may be able to hang on the perimeter with the quicker swingmen, but I dont think hes a great defender (aside from shot blocking). Most defensive effort isnt recorded statistically. With the pistons as they are now? I dont see Marion bringing anything prince doesnt already and I wouldnt want him as our paint defender.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

dont get me wrong. I wouldnt cry if the pistons got marion, but I dont think he would compliment our team all that well. We would have to change our offensive strategy completely to utilize him properly.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
hippos
Banned

Quote:
dont get me wrong. I wouldnt cry if the pistons got marion, but I dont think he would compliment our team all that well. We would have to change our offensive strategy completely to utilize him properly.

Any team that caters their offense for Marion is in trouble...big time.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #28
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

nothing statistically. Everything as far as contributing to team success.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Any team that caters their offense for Marion is in trouble...big time.
I would agree. Can you see him playing the 4 with tay, rip, and chancy though? Who starts the 5? Cant be CWebb, itd be like a frankenstein team, a bunch of parts that dont compliment each other.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #30
hippos
Banned

I made a starting lineup earlier in the thread.

Billups
Rip
Prince
Marion
Maxiell

But they have the 15th pick too so maybe reach a bit and draft a center like Splitter. Of course it would be wiser to just draft the best big man available and most likely at the 15th pick it would be McRoberts.

That would give you a nice future athletic front court around one of the smartest wing trios in the league. Of course, you'd have to wait a bit for any big you draft.

I don't mention Webber because he's not really part of any plans and may be gone anyways.

Either way Detroit has gotta draft a big sooner or later. I wouldn't wait till their second first rounder because their won't be any bigs worth taking there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: