Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default If JO and Artest trade does not come through, what should be next move?

I heard on the radio today on AM570 around 12:50pm that Artest wants to go to Miami Heat instead of Lakers. (Maybe cuz he sees Lakers is now a desperate team and is trying to get one of his ex-buddy J.O.)

J.O. deal has been pretty quiet.

Suppose neither falls through and Kupchak seeks idea, what do you guys think we should focus next?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If JO and Artest trade does not come through, what should be next move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
I heard on the radio today on AM570 around 12:50pm that Artest wants to go to Miami Heat instead of Lakers. (Maybe cuz he sees Lakers is now a desperate team and is trying to get one of his ex-buddy J.O.)

Suppose neither falls through and Kupchak seeks idea, what do you guys think we should focus next?

to be honest with you, if we dont land JO or Artest.....kobe is going to want to be traded again.....the only reason he calmed down is because the lakers started to inquire about JO....
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If JO and Artest trade does not come through, what should be next move?

No doubt. I think we should go for KG next. Trade many if we have to.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi

Trading Kobe to chicago.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The options are endless... keep speculating, its fun! :)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Apparently the matrix is on the block but I dunno if they'd trade to a division rival, also if we're really desperate, we could try 2 trade 4 randolph
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Go after the best what's the left. Rashard Lewis, maybe Rasheed, maybe Camby...maybe Kidd again. Some creativity would be nice.

Although most likely, if deals fall through, Kobe's probably gone. i'm sure everyone know that and it's the reason why the Lakers will get robbed in any deal they do. They"ll give up too much for whoever they get but hey, something's got to give...

Didn't Butcher say that they calmed Kobe down by telling him that they'd get JO?
I think Kobe feels about JO the same way I do. He sees that potential in them as a duo and a foundation of a championship caliber team.
However Bird probably knows what's up too.

I expect the Lakers to get JO but we"ll get robbed. Considering JO's low value right now, the Lakers will give too much for him but it"ll be worth it.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Options

Get rid of Kobe
Get Andre Miller in a trade
Sign Eddie Jones for a 1 year contract
get rid of Radman
get duhon
Get some donuts
draft a good player.
get rid of Odom
Get rid of Bynum
Get Jason Kidd if possible
Get Jeanie Nude pic
Steal Shaq from Miami.

LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
Apparently the matrix is on the block but I dunno if they'd trade to a division rival, also if we're really desperate, we could try 2 trade 4 randolph

eww no........dont get me wrong, randolph would be all right as a 2nd move in the offseason.....but not the #1 move to appease kobe and the fans.....i know you mentioned if were "really desperate".....but in my opinion if we got that "desperate".......kobe's gone.....
Old 06-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
I expect the Lakers to get JO but we"ll get robbed. Considering JO's low value right now, the Lakers will give too much for him but it"ll be worth it.

If its worth it....then how are you getting robbed?
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Next Move: Try to trade up in the draft in order to acquire USC G Nick Young. It's been reported that Young wants to remain in LA, either as a Clipper/Laker, and I have heard from a few sources[Newspapers, Radio] that Bryant would love Young to mentor. Clippers want him big at #14, so Lakers will have to try to move up to 13 or higher in order to secure getting Young, at least secure getting him as opposed to the Clippers.

In Free Agency, ink Magloire to the full MLE, PJ Brown to the LLE, after having dealt Kwame[if he wasn't dealt to move up in the draft], to acquire a PG. Watson could be a possibility, if the Sonics want to shed salary, but Lakers would need to add, possibly the Bobcats 2nd and a 08 2nd round pick. That could leave a potential Starting 5 of: Watson - Bryant - Walton - Odom - Magloire with Nick Young, Brown, Bynum, Mihm[I'ma assume they resign him], Evans, Turiaf, Cook, Vujacic off the bench.

Might not be a title contender, but should make the playoffs, and put up a tough round against whomever they are too face. Magloire is the vet big which can be solid, and is an upgrade over Kwame, easily. Brown is another big which can play and provides the vet experience as well, while Young is a very smart kid, who is OOZING with potential and can be an All-Star in the L.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #12
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Trade with the Grizzlies

Lakers offer:
Odom
Bynum
Brown
Cook

Grizzlies offer:
Gasol
Swift
Warrick
Cardinal

Lakers +: Get a veteran low post player, an athletic young forward, and an athletic big man

Grizzlies +: Can build around Bynum and Gay, Lose 9+ million on their cap, get a veteran all-around player.

Lakers Lineup:
Farmar
Kobe
Warrick
Turiaf
Gasol

Bench:
Veteran PG or Vujiacic
Evans
Radmanovic
Swift or Mihm (re-sign)

Grizzlies lineup:
Stoudamire
Gay
Miller
Odom
Bynum

Bench:
Kinsey
Jones
Cook
Brown or Alexander
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Grizzlies seem pretty high on Warrick, so I doubt he'll be a throw in, and I highly doubt the Grizzlies won't be able to acquire a pick. Take out Warrick, throw in Mighty Mouse, give the Grizzlies the Bobcats 2nd Rounder

So basically:

Odom|Bynum|Brown|Cook|Bobcats 2nd rounder For Gasol|Stoudamire|Swift|Cardinal.

You guys get the rotation of:

Farmar | Stoudamire | Vujacic
Bryant | Evans
Walton | Radmanovic
Gasol | Swift | PJ Brown[LLE]
Magloire[MLE] | Mihm | Turiaf

Last edited by qrich : 06-13-2007 at 04:30 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Trade with the Grizzlies

Lakers offer:
Odom
Bynum
Brown
Cook

Grizzlies offer:
Gasol
Swift
Warrick
Cardinal

Lakers +: Get a veteran low post player, an athletic young forward, and an athletic big man

Grizzlies +: Can build around Bynum and Gay, Lose 9+ million on their cap, get a veteran all-around player.

Lakers Lineup:
Farmar
Kobe
Warrick
Turiaf
Gasol

Bench:
Veteran PG or Vujiacic
Evans
Radmanovic
Swift or Mihm (re-sign)

Grizzlies lineup:
Stoudamire
Gay
Miller
Odom
Bynum

Bench:
Kinsey
Jones
Cook
Brown or Alexander

the grizzlies are on the better end of that deal.....no way give up bynum and odom for gasol.....i dont know, maybe im a little bias, but i dont think gasol's that great of a player....why did his team suck so bad this year.....and better yet, why do we want two starters from a team that had the worst record in the nba.......now i know this is our last option....but if it comes to this i'd rather keep bynum and odom...
Old 06-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #15
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

People here just don't seem to appreciate the value of post players.
In the end folks, they're the most important piece of puzzle to every team.
Post play is IMO the most important part of basketball.
The Gasol trade would be fantastic for the Lakers.
Too good to be true. Which is why it won't happen.

It's a nice idea but Gasol doesn't want out anymore and it's all too far fetched. In short, it's not happening. But it'd be fantastic.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: