Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-10-2006, 07:48 AM   #61
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Damn these Knick fans are hopeless... I guess I said it wrong, they're full of hopes when everyone thinks that there's no hope at all.

I thought the Knick fans would learn from the past and get smarten up, but man how I was wrong. This is the same Knick fans who said that Jerome James would be a dominant force in the East. This is the same Knick fans who said that the Knicks are better than the Bucks and the playoffs are guaranteed. This is the same Knick fans who said that the Knicks will turn it up in February to take the division. This is the same Knick fans who said that the Knicks would finish the season ahead of the Pistons. This is the same Knick fans who said that Marbury is better than Nash.

And now they're saying that Balkman has a nice offensive game "in NBA standard" when he couldn't even average double figures in college, and when they haven't seen him at all in their entire lives. And they're completely ignoring the fact that every professional scout and insider is saying that he shoudn't even have drafted.

You'll get proven wrong once again Knick fans, and I'll screen-capture this thread to haunt you forever.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #62
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Knicks will win the championship this season (book it you C.U.N.T)
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #63
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
After the first game people made Balkman comparisons to sprewell.
"People" are out of their minds.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #64
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Well people made comparisons between Harold Miner and Jordan. And i think I'll be the first person to make a comparison between Jordan and Balkman.

I think Jordan should be worried about his legacy as the greatest player in NBA history. After Balkman's amazing 6 points in a Summer League game including a sensational dunk in traffic he has proven to the world that it was not foolish to have chosen him 20th in the 2006 draft. In fact if the Knicks still had their number 2 pick they would have drafted Balkman there. That's how worried they were that they wouldn't be able to pick him at 28.

Balkman is so good I've heard that Isiah Thomas has offered the knicks first round picks in 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 plus the ability to swap picks in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 to the Chicago Bulls for Balkman even though he has already drafted him.

On a far more serious note. I'd be extremely surprised if Balkman plays more than 100 minutes this season.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spreewell?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #66
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Zing.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #67
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiprocappa
Well people made comparisons between Harold Miner and Jordan. And i think I'll be the first person to make a comparison between Jordan and Balkman.

I think Jordan should be worried about his legacy as the greatest player in NBA history. After Balkman's amazing 6 points in a Summer League game including a sensational dunk in traffic he has proven to the world that it was not foolish to have chosen him 20th in the 2006 draft. In fact if the Knicks still had their number 2 pick they would have drafted Balkman there. That's how worried they were that they wouldn't be able to pick him at 28.

Balkman is so good I've heard that Isiah Thomas has offered the knicks first round picks in 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 plus the ability to swap picks in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 to the Chicago Bulls for Balkman even though he has already drafted him.

On a far more serious note. I'd be extremely surprised if Balkman plays more than 100 minutes this season.

Balkman will get plenty of minutes this year, remember Woods and Barnes started for the Knicks last year. Balkman will get 12-24 mpg easy dude.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
Balkman will get plenty of minutes this year, remember Woods and Barnes started for the Knicks last year. Balkman will get 12-24 mpg easy dude.

Everyone STARTED for the Knicks last season it seemed. Whats your point? Zeke gonna pull an LB also and juggle lineups? :rollingeyes:
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #69
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Quote:

He'll be behind Frye, Lee, Malik and Jalen Rose, Curry, Q-Rich and Taylor in the rotation. That makes him approximately the 12th man. He wouldn't get 12-24mpg if the knicks were a soccer team.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 AM   #70
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyking
Knicks will win the championship this season (book it you C.U.N.T)
What a clown. Don't ever pretend like you weren't serious when you said that nonsense as you were dead serious at that time.

You were like, Eddy Curry is better than declining Shaq, Jamal Crawford once scored 50 points in a game, Jerome James averaged 17 ppg against Tim Duncan, Ariza is the best young swingman in the league, and the best point guard in the league in Stephon Marbury is there to get them the ball. And we have by far the best bench as well.

And right now you're doing exactly what you were doing a year ago, overrating your beloved Knicks like you've never rated anyone before.

And you'll get owned again, as always.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #71
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
He'll be behind Frye, Lee, Malik and Jalen Rose, Curry, Q-Rich and Taylor in the rotation. That makes him approximately the 12th man. He wouldn't get 12-24mpg if the knicks were a soccer team.

Frye, Malik, Taylor and Curry are swing men now. Zeke did not draft him at 20 for nothing. He is going to play him, The Diggler were lies, I hope i remember your user name come dec. But I doubt I will. He will be the back-up SF and depending on who they play he will play 12-24 mpg. Rose and Taylor will spend the season in street clothing, they are 13-14th men. Frye, Lee and Curry don't play his position. And Richardson battled with Starrbury last year, which is a major no-no just ask LB and Kurt Thomas. If he is on the team next year he will be the 12th man. Therefore Rose will start and Balkman will back him up.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #72
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Quote:
Frye, Malik, Taylor and Curry are swing men now. Zeke did not draft him at 20 for nothing. He is going to play him, The Diggler were lies, I hope i remember your user name come dec. But I doubt I will. He will be the back-up SF and depending on who they play he will play 12-24 mpg. Rose and Taylor will spend the season in street clothing, they are 13-14th men. Frye, Lee and Curry don't play his position. And Richardson battled with Starrbury last year, which is a major no-no just ask LB and Kurt Thomas. If he is on the team next year he will be the 12th man. Therefore Rose will start and Balkman will back him up.

Lee started 10 or so games at SF last year, he'll definately see some playing time at both forward positions, Jalen Rose might start but he'll definately get decent minutes at SF and Q-Rich was brought in by Thomas to start at SF last year. He got hurt, had family issues so didn't play that much last season but he'll start at SF this season. Crawford might even play some small forward if Thomas decides to go small ball with Francis and Marbury in the backcourt. That's a lot of people in front of him. Oh, and lets not forget Qyntel Woods.

The Knicks are stacked at every position. They don't win because they don't fit particularly well together. Balkman and Collins are the two worst players in the Knicks team. They are the 20th and 28th picks in one of the worst drafts in history. Talent wins NBA games and Thomas might not be smart but he wants to win. And to win he's going to go through his entire roster before asking Balkman to step on the court.

Don't try and make out that Balkman is the saviour. It's just typical Knick fan stupidity. It makes me feel sad.

And that's all I got to say.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #73
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Lee started 10 or so games at SF last year, he'll definately see some playing time at both forward positions, Jalen Rose might start but he'll definately get decent minutes at SF and Q-Rich was brought in by Thomas to start at SF last year. He got hurt, had family issues so didn't play that much last season but he'll start at SF this season. Crawford might even play some small forward if Thomas decides to go small ball with Francis and Marbury in the backcourt. That's a lot of people in front of him. Oh, and lets not forget Qyntel Woods.

The Knicks are stacked at every position. They don't win because they don't fit particularly well together. Balkman and Collins are the two worst players in the Knicks team. They are the 20th and 28th picks in one of the worst drafts in history. Talent wins NBA games and Thomas might not be smart but he wants to win. And to win he's going to go through his entire roster before asking Balkman to step on the court.

try and make out that Balkman is the saviour. It's just typical Knick fan stupidity. It makes me feel sad.

And that's all I got to say.

Dude, before I get into your azz in ways homos would not approve of, you need to check my post on this subject, I already said Balkman was a bad pick at 20. Plus How the f.ck am I a f.cking knicks fan you stupid peice of ish. I said that Zeke will give the guy minutes to justify selecting him that high.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #74
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Quote:
NYKnicks914 seems to be a very good poster. However, I have also seen Balkman and Amundson play both are hustle guys but Amundson is the better overall talent. NYKnicks914 is not taking into account value. At 20 there was some really good talent still on the board- S.Brown, A.Johnson, J.White and M.Williams. Nobody would have taken Balkman with a no.1 pick it was a reach.
Zeke may have felt he needed this guy as a practice player to change the culture but he should not have picked him at 20.

Hey, dumbazz read this!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #75
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Calm down there DiggLer. Not all that post was directed at you. The first part, definately. I fail to see how Balkman will make his way into the rotation with the players that the Knicks have.

The last bit about Knick fan stupidity though... If you're not a knick fan and you thought it was a bad pick then how does it apply to you? It's more my utter frustration at the more retarded Knicks fans out there believing that chumps like Balkman will make a real difference to the mess that is "your new york knicks"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: