Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #76
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lebron is 2-27 from outside the paint in the Finals...

Quote:
The amount of times I was shoting at the screen for lebron to just catch and shoot the damm ball last night was a joke. They were playing right off him and he could have caught in rythym raised up and shot but he didnt. Very Very annoying.

the shocking thing is that they claim he was in the gym 3 hours before the game shootin around..... and he shot that poorly? I dont understand that
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #77
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
That's the main difference between LeBron and Kobe.

Kobe can hit a jump shot.

Give LeBron a couple years. Kobe's jump shot was lousy early in his career as well.

Kobe's shot has definitely improved over the years, but I have to say that his mechanics and overall touch were always superior to Lebron's. Lebron's biggest shooting problems are mechanical imo. Look how he puts his feet very close together on his jumpshots and leans backwards and to the left -- poor form. His elbows flare very wide, too, which decreases accuracy.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #78
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
the shocking thing is that they claim he was in the gym 3 hours before the game shootin around..... and he shot that poorly? I dont understand that

Well it seemed like he really doesnt want to shoot, like he believes that we wont make it. He needs to just friggin shoot the wide open shot. Its not like bruc bowen is even tall enough to challenge the shot with the amount of space he is giving lebron.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #79
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Kobe's shot has definitely improved over the years, but I have to say that his mechanics and overall touch were always superior to Lebron's. Lebron's biggest shooting problems are mechanical imo. Look how he puts his feet very close together on his jumpshots and leans backwards and to the left -- poor form. His elbows flare very wide, too, which decreases accuracy.

Agreed. If LeBron continues with the same form/mechanics....then it doesn't matter how much he practices his outside shot this summer because it won't make a lick of difference. Also I believe it's also mental with LeBron as well. He doesn't have any confidence in his outside shot at all.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #80
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Agreed. If LeBron continues with the same form/mechanics....then it doesn't matter how much he practices his outside shot this summer because it won't make a lick of difference. Also I believe it's also mental with LeBron as well. He doesn't have any confidence in his outside shot at all.

i completely agree with the confidence part. Lebron has always seemed to have a bit of a fear of failure which makes him hesitant at first, he will work this out though in years to come.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #81
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Lebron's biggest shooting problems are mechanical imo. Look how he puts his feet very close together on his jumpshots and leans backwards and to the left -- poor form. His elbows flare very wide, too, which decreases accuracy.

He fades away on EVERY shot. I've never seen anything like it before...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #82
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

Repetitive shooting does nothing for you in a warm up period if you don't have the proper rhythm to start with. The proper rhythm comes by working on something over a long period of time and developing muscle memory of that action. Lebron could have warmed up for as long as he wanted to, but when he runs into defenses, it won't change anything. He's going to have to work on his shot over the summer.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #83
r32soul
Decent playground baller

r32soul has an OK reputation so far

his trajectory on his shot is awful.. definitely not the way they teach shooters how to shoot... plus i have never ever see him catch and shoot in rhythm before... it's always catch, couple of bounces, fade and then shoot... that's why on occassions he throws up airball, because he has no consistency and he rely way too much of his hand/arm strength when shooting..
r32soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #84
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32soul
his trajectory on his shot is awful.. definitely not the way they teach shooters how to shoot... plus i have never ever see him catch and shoot in rhythm before... it's always catch, couple of bounces, fade and then shoot... that's why on occassions he throws up airball, because he has no consistency and he rely way too much of his hand/arm strength when shooting..

I have seen Bron catch and shoot and I think he is the worst catch and shoot starting small forward in the NBA...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: